GTMedia V9 prime not working with Community antenna

GTMEDIA V9 super V9Prime

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

AntonioMzrl

GTMedia V9 prime not working with Community antenna

Post by AntonioMzrl »

Hellow friends.

Here is my problem, sort of a puzzle:
1) I've purchased a GTMedia V9 prime and it does not work using my community antenna.
2) It works well using an individual antenna on a friend's house.
3) I have an old GTMedia Freesat V8 super working ok with my community antenna.
Of course, when in community antenna I put LNB feed OFF an when in individual antenna LNB feed ON.
I'd appreciate any help, any hint. This is fooling me.

Mi problema, un puzzle:
Tengo un GTMedia V9 prime que no funciona en casa con antena colectiva.
Pero sí funciona en antena individual en casa de un amigo.
También tengo un GTMedia Freesat V8 super que funciona bien en la antena colectiva, en la misma toma en la que no funciona el V9.
Gracias por cualquier tipo de ayuda.

STRETCH

Re: GTMedia V9 prime not working with Community antenna

Post by STRETCH »

Have you used the (search box), in finding other threads about this issue, which may help you.

Den

AntonioMzrl

Post by AntonioMzrl »

Yes, I've been reading about community antenna and lnb, ... and no idea.

Thanx
Antonio

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

AntonioMzrl wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:04 am
Hellow friends.

Here is my problem, sort of a puzzle:
1) I've purchased a GTMedia V9 prime and it does not work using my community antenna.
2) It works well using an individual antenna on a friend's house.
3) I have an old GTMedia Freesat V8 super working ok with my community antenna.
Of course, when in community antenna I put LNB feed OFF an when in individual antenna LNB feed ON.
I'd appreciate any help, any hint. This is fooling me.

Mi problema, un puzzle:
Tengo un GTMedia V9 prime que no funciona en casa con antena colectiva.
Pero sí funciona en antena individual en casa de un amigo.
También tengo un GTMedia Freesat V8 super que funciona bien en la antena colectiva, en la misma toma en la que no funciona el V9.
Gracias por cualquier tipo de ayuda.
You should set your LNB to OFF for community antennas. If ON will not work. That's why it is working on your friends individual and yours not

AntonioMzrl

Post by AntonioMzrl »

Yes, i put LNB off, as I said.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

AntonioMzrl wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:49 pm
Yes, i put LNB off, as I said.
Turn Off and On back again several times just in case it is stuck. Make sure all other configuration are OK such as LNB type, Diseqc port etc

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Do you have the correct LNB frequency set?
Is the community satellite dish LNB a unicable?

Look at the setting you had in the Super and copy them.
Check the cable end too, it may be the issue.

If you connect and do a "blind" scan do you see any channels / TP's?
Doing a "Auto' scan may not find any channels if the LNB frequency is incorrect.

Are you running both the Super and the V9 at the same time?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

AntonioMzrl

Post by AntonioMzrl »

I have a v8 super working ok. I remove it and connect the new V9 prime. Same LNB (universal 9750-10600) , same settings. I make blind scan on ku_astra. It finds 500+ channels but signal is low and quality low, fluctuating.

Tanx for your help.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

AntonioMzrl wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:39 am
I have a v8 super working ok. I remove it and connect the new V9 prime. Same LNB (universal 9750-10600) , same settings. I make blind scan on ku_astra. It finds 500+ channels but signal is low and quality low, fluctuating.

Tanx for your help.
after you set the lnb as off, the v9prime can also find 500+channels, but signal is low and quality low, yes or no?
then using the v8 super, how mang channesl do you get?how about the signal and quality?

AntonioMzrl

Post by AntonioMzrl »

"after you set the lnb as off, the v9prime can also find 500+channels, but signal is low and quality low, yes or no?
then using the v8 super, how mang channesl do you get?how about the signal and quality?"

Yes, V8super shows good signal and 900+ channels, V9prime shows 500+ channels and signal is low, and every channel appears repeated four times. And lots of channels named ch1, ch2, ...

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

AntonioMzrl wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:24 am
"after you set the lnb as off, the v9prime can also find 500+channels, but signal is low and quality low, yes or no?
then using the v8 super, how many channels do you get? how about the signal and quality?"

Yes, V8super shows good signal and 900+ channels, V9prime shows 500+ channels and signal is low, and every channel appears repeated four times. And lots of channels named ch1, ch2, ...
This repeat of channels four times is likely due to the LNB not switching from H low band, H high, V low, V high.
This is done by two things, the H and V polarity are switched using 18 volts for H polarity and 13 Volts for V.
The low band is default and the high band is used with the 22kHz tone "ON". This On is done automatically with the 9750/10600 LNB and 22kHz will show "Auto".

So your V9 is not making any of these changes and scans in the same set four times.
Look at a web site like lyngsat dot com to see what polarity and band the channels you are getting are in.
Please let us know here what you find.

Also check the you can see "Auto" in the antenna setting menu for the 22kHz setting. If it is incorrect click on it to change.
I have seen this option have the incorrect setting in another of GT Medias units and that unit will change it by clicking on it.

Another cause could be you have polarity set to V or H instead of auto as well. I doubt this as it would only scan the channels twice, not four times.

The next cause could be another set top box sharing the same dish and holding the voltage at 18 volts etc.
You say you disconnect your Super, so that is also unlikely. Your Super works so that is not what is happening

The next option is that the V9 is not supplying 18 volts and you are only scanning the V channels.
If you have another 12 volt 1.5A or 2A power supply, try that.
If you have a lot of things plugged into the V9 like USB drive etc, try with them unplugged.

Does your satellite dish cable share with the terrestrial antenna? Again the V8 super works so should not be the issue.

It may also be that the user file setting are corrupted.
Try adding a new satellite to the satellite list, set that up for your dish and blind scan that.

Good luck

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

AntonioMzrl

Post by AntonioMzrl »

Ok, here is what I can tell:

Looking at lyngsat and at V8 list and seems TP's and frecuencies are OK. My community antenna only shows V channels. Both V8 and V9 units only see high frecuency TP's. But V9 sees low signal.

I'll try a more powerfull 2A power supply.

Please, explain what are you saying about "user file setting corrupted".

Tanx in advance,
Antonio

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Sometimes the units can mix things up in the user file that is in the unit, your channel list and satellite list with the LNB settings etc.
I have had GT Media units mix things in this file and a satellite will not work.

As your community antenna / satellite dish only has V, set your antenna settings to V only in the polarity setting, this will stop you coping the channels in twice.

The channels the V8 gets are in the high band and the channels the V9 gets are in the low band, so you are getting different channels on each unit?

I would assume the setting in your V8 are 9750/10600, Polarity "Auto", 22kHz "auto".

To test with the V9 try setting to 10600, 22kHz "ON" and polarity "V" and scan.
If you still get the low frequency channels with incorrect frequencies scanned is compared to those listed for those channels on lyngsat, then yes the V9 is scanning the lower band.
You can also try setting for 9750 / 22kHz "OFF" and polarity auto.

Owen

AntonioMzrl

Post by AntonioMzrl »

Hellow,

After making Factory reset, last firmware 169, choosing ku_astra satélite 19.2 degrees east, I find diferences comparing TP lists in V8super and v9prime.

First 6 TP in V8 box working ok:
1 10727 V
2 10757 H
3 10758 V
4 10786 H
5 10788 V
6 10816 H

And first 6 TP in v9 box not workig:
1 10714 H
2 10729V
3 10744 H
4 10758 V
5 10773 H
6 10788 V

Could this be the cause of muy problema?

Antonio

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Are those blind scan results, or the TP's that were already in the V9 unit?

Try this.
Go to the satellite list.
"ADD" a new satellite, maybe call it Test.
Set up the antenna setting to match your dish.
Then do a "Blind" scan.
that will then only show the TP's that are seen on your dish.

Owen

AntonioMzrl

Post by AntonioMzrl »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:16 pm
Go to the satellite list.
"ADD" a new satellite, maybe call it Test.
Set up the antenna setting to match your dish.
Then do a "Blind" scan.
that will then only show the TP's that are seen on your dish.

No difference at all using a "test" satellite and blind scan.

I sumarize my (unhappy) situation:
- Connected to my community antena the old V8super box is working ok.
- Connected to the same antenna at the same point V9prime box shows good signal only in a small number of channels but the rest of them have low signal.
- V9prime box works ok when connected to an individual antenna at a friend's house.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

It may just be the sensitivity of the receiver in the V9 and higher signal levels at your friends house.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V9 SERIES”