GTMEDIA V9 SERIES > Invalid File Error

GTMEDIA V9 super V9Prime

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

CaliSat

GTMEDIA V9 SERIES > Invalid File Error

Post by CaliSat »

Hello and thanks for reading my post. I've got 2 GEMEDIA V9 SUPER Sat Receivers. One of them has been running for a long time with no issues. The second is in the box never opened. The first Receiver is running V398 Firmware. I upgraded the second Receiver to V400 Firmware. I backed up the files I wanted to import from the first Receiver (Softcam, UserDB, etc.). When I try to load those files on the second Receiver, I get an "invalid file" error. Even the NA Satellite List that I download from you gives an "invalid file" error when I try to load it. I'm afraid to update the FW on the first Receiver because when I try to reload the (Softcam, UserDB) files, I could get an "invalid file". I don't want to have to start over from scratch.

Any suggestions that you might have regarding how to resolve this issue would be appreciated. Thank You!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GTMEDIA V9 SERIES > Invalid File Error

Post by Feralkiwi »

Some GT Media units export the user file as "export_softcam.key"

You need to re name the file on a PC to just "softcam.key"

Have a look at the user DB file, it too may need renaming or just the suffix .udf or.bin needs changing.
I do not have a V9 so can not check this.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

CaliSat

Post by CaliSat »

Hi Owen - Yes, I'm aware that the files have to be renamed sometimes. For whatever reason, I can only load files that I've exported from the unit. I downloaded the v398 North America Sat List (udf file), I can't install that either "invalid file" error. I can't import anything ... FW, Presets, UserDB, Softcam, etc. I think I'm going to have no alternative but to scrap the unit and buy another one. Any comments you might have would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bill

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Have a look at the content of the file using notepad on a PC.
The format may have changed from the older software.

Also other have commented that having more than 1000 line can be an issue.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V9 SERIES”