Re: Pantalla azul V9 Super

Post by Feralkiwi »

Morientes wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:16 am
Lining wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:10 am
Morientes wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:22 pm
Just to clarify, mine is V9 Super and I can enter the forced upgraded screen UP9 and after upgrading the latest firmware (GTMedia_V9Super_MP_20201020_V400 abs extension) it goes to Off

Thanks
Friends, do you show UP 9 every time you boot up, even if you force an upgrade, it still shows UP 9, if so, try to flash the serial port to see
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=12658
Thanks Lining, but is there a step by step info on how to "flash" the serial port? Sorry first time here

Thanks
There is the forced recovery instruction here.
V9Super How to USB forced upgrade 2019.0801.zip

There is this other method and the instruction for that here.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Morientes

Post by Morientes »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:44 pm
Morientes wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:16 am
Lining wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:10 am
Morientes wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:22 pm
Just to clarify, mine is V9 Super and I can enter the forced upgraded screen UP9 and after upgrading the latest firmware (GTMedia_V9Super_MP_20201020_V400 abs extension) it goes to Off

Thanks
Friends, do you show UP 9 every time you boot up, even if you force an upgrade, it still shows UP 9, if so, try to flash the serial port to see
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=12658
Thanks Lining, but is there a step by step info on how to "flash" the serial port? Sorry first time here

Thanks
There is the forced recovery instruction here.
V9Super How to USB forced upgrade 2019.0801.zip

There is this other method and the instruction for that here.

Owen
I can do the forced upgrade as explained at the UP9 screen, but right after doing it the Deco goes to Off.

I have sent the SN on a private message to Tom W. but no answer so far.

I would appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I sent Tom.w a message on this.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Robbie

Post by Robbie »

One week later and I´m still waiting Tom´s response :(

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Robbie wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:54 pm
It will likely be a response by email.
Is your email on this site up to date?

Owen

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

hello
Regarding this issue, we will make a user guide for customers, which can be done step by step, how to do it.

Robbie

Post by Robbie »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:46 pm
Robbie wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:54 pm
It will likely be a response by email.
Is your email on this site up to date?

Owen
Yes, the email is updated
I hope to receive it soon !! :D

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

@ Robbie
If you go to the top of this section, you will find a (Posting) from Lining, (Ref to the UP9 Issue).

Den

Morientes

Post by Morientes »

Tom.w wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:46 am
hello
Regarding this issue, we will make a user guide for customers, which can be done step by step, how to do it.
Hello Tom and GTmedia team. Please let us know when you think you can send us the updated guidelines or the software to burn the SN number.

So far nothing is working. V9 super starts with UP9 screen, I do forced upgrade and it always goes to Off mode. Then restart with UP9 screen and cycle repeats itself again.

I sent you SN on PM. Thanks for timely response.

Best,

Joaquin

P.S none of the methods explained at the top of the post have worked so far

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

Morientes wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:38 pm
Tom.w wrote:
hello
Hello Tom and GTmedia team. Please let us know when you think you can send us the updated guidelines or the software to burn the SN number.

So far nothing is working. V9 super starts with UP9 screen, I do forced upgrade and it always goes to Off mode. Then restart with UP9 screen and cycle repeats itself again.

Best,

Joaquin

hello
about this issue,
please follow the topic from viewtopic.php?f=57&t=25722

Morientes

Post by Morientes »

Tom.w wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:37 am
Morientes wrote:
Tom.w wrote:
hello

Best,

Joaquin

hello
about this issue,
Hello Tom W.,

I am sorry but it is not working for me. I sent you a PM with SN but no response.

I have a v9 Super, so I don't understand the steps here download/file.php?id=7061

I would really appreciate some help, it has been almost one month. Otherwise I will have to trash the deco.

Thanks

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

Morientes wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:06 am
Tom.w wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:37 am
Morientes wrote:
Tom.w wrote:
hello

Best,

Joaquin

hello
about this issue,
Hello Tom W.,

I am sorry but it is not working for me. I sent you a PM with SN but no response.

I have a v9 Super, so I don't understand the steps here download/file.php?id=7061

I would really appreciate some help, it has been almost one month. Otherwise I will have to trash the deco.

Thanks
hello
This is the RS232 method operation instructions.
I understand your question very well.
But the first step is to upgrade the firmware to the box through the forced upgrade via usb or the rs232 upgrade method. If this step fails, the problem cannot be solved by software.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Tom.w wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:34 am
about this up9 issue.
If the situation is as follows:
1: The box must be able to perform the forced upgrade operation of the usb
2: After the forced upgrade, it still cannot work correctly, such as entering the factory test mode. At this time, the user needs to provide us with the SN number, and we will re-update the software to solve the problem.
Hi Tom.w

Does this as posted earlier in this topic no longer apply?
Do users now need to try the RS232 recovery as well?

Is the difference that the box needs to enter factory test mode to be able to use a serial number recovery software provided by GT Media?
This current user's box reboots.

Owen

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Morientes wrote:
Hello Tom W.,

Thanks
I see the instructions are for the V8UHD unit.
I assume the method is the same for the V9 Super, as it is for most units.

You will need the RS232 to USB adaptor if your PC is modern and has no RS232 serial port.
You will also need to find or make a cable to connect to the RS232 port on the V9.

Here is a link to my notes on RS232 for the very old Finder, but the method is the same.
Note the added comments at the bottom regarding finding the correct port on your PC or laptop.

Owen

Morientes

Post by Morientes »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:53 pm
Morientes wrote:
Hello Tom W.,

Thanks
I see the instructions are for the V8UHD unit.
I assume the method is the same for the V9 Super, as it is for most units.

You will need the RS232 to USB adaptor if your PC is modern and has no RS232 serial port.
You will also need to find or make a cable to connect to the RS232 port on the V9.

Here is a link to my notes on RS232 for the very old Finder, but the method is the same.
Note the added comments at the bottom regarding finding the correct port on your PC or laptop.

Owen
Yesterday the Deco came back alive on its own after 10-12 days of showing UP9. It worked for 1 day and then back to UP9-Off cycle.

Not sure if the RS232 cable recovery will solve the long term issue (ie why it goes back to UP9).

But in any case thanks a lot for responding and for the tips.

Best

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

If ever your unit goes into a service / factory screen take a photo of it.
It is in that screen you will see that the serial number has changed to xxxxxxx.
If you did see that then your unit will recover with the USB recovery and needs the software with the serial number in it from GT Media.
If that is not coming up you still need to try the RS232 recover.

I too have had unit recover after time and restart OK. It is like something physical in them recovers.
If that happens again try a software upgrade vis the menu. That should check for faulty memory as it does it.

Owen

Factory service screens look like these.

Jhonito

Post by Jhonito »

Buenos días;

Tengo el mismo problema desde hace varios días, le he enviado un mensaje privado a TOM.w con el número de serie y no me ha contestado.
¿Sabéis si tarda mucho en contestar?

Muchas gracias y un saludo.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Jhonito wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:31 am
Buenos días;

Tengo el mismo problema desde hace varios días, le he enviado un mensaje privado a TOM.w con el número de serie y no me ha contestado.

Have you done all the things listed in this instruction post?

Owen

Morientes

Post by Morientes »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:58 pm
Hi

If ever your unit goes into a service / factory screen take a photo of it.
It is in that screen you will see that the serial number has changed to xxxxxxx.
If you did see that then your unit will recover with the USB recovery and needs the software with the serial number in it from GT Media.
If that is not coming up you still need to try the RS232 recover.

I too have had unit recover after time and restart OK. It is like something physical in them recovers.
If that happens again try a software upgrade vis the menu. That should check for faulty memory as it does it.

Owen

Factory service screens look like these.
Hi Owen,

I finally managed to take the screenshot. It came back again for a day but then went back off.

It has the serial number on it.

Let me know what you think

Thanks

InkedFactory Settings_LI.jpg
InkedFactory Settings_LI.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 2304 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If the serial number is there having Tom.w send a version to recover the serial number would not help.

One of the recovery methods should work, or the unit is dead.

Have you tried with older software?
I would think you have by now.
Try the same version as was shown in the factory screen Oct 20 2020.

Owen

Morientes

Post by Morientes »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:47 pm
If the serial number is there having Tom.w send a version to recover the serial number would not help.

One of the recovery methods should work, or the unit is dead.

Have you tried with older software?
I would think you have by now.
Try the same version as was shown in the factory screen Oct 20 2020.

Owen
Thanks Owen,

I have tried all except the one with the cable. I am not sure I will be able to do that one, but I will try

Which model do you recommend as a replacement, in case this one doesn't recover?

Thanks a lot!

Joaquin

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

My notes on the old finder are much the same method for making a cable etc.

You would need a USB to RSA232 adaptor if you PC does not already have a RS232 D9 9 pin output.

I don't recommend units as I don't use the network stuff etc and don't know the over seas formats.

Owen

Jhonito

Post by Jhonito »

Buenos días;

He realizado todo lo de la lista, graba la memoria flash pero vuelve a salir la pantalla de recovey.

Gracias.

Feralkiwi wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:13 am
Jhonito wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:31 am
Buenos días;

Have you done all the things listed in this instruction post?

Owen

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Your last option may be the RS232 cable recovery.

Also try with a 2 amp or bigger power supply if you have one.
Also try with only the HDMI and the USB stick connected, no LNB cable.

Owen

javierec

Post by javierec »

hola, tengo problema de pantalla azul, puedo acceder a pantalla up9 y actualizar firmware carga pero el display se queda con encendido con las letras off y el led verde encendido y de hay no pasa.
se puede recuperar?

Return to “GTMEDIA V9 SERIES”