V9 Super Set Up issues

GTMEDIA V9 super V9Prime

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

MRkSTL

V9 Super Set Up issues

Post by MRkSTL »

Hi,

I have recently purchased V9 Super as my second tuner (first one is a xxxxx that was set up by a friend of mine) and I wanted to go through the whole set up myself. I got the CCCam servers and list of channels which I have already added to the tuner via usb stick, however...

1) Even though it sees the Wi-Fi and the password is correct, it doesn't want to connect to it, giving me an error - Time Out. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi. I also pressed WPS button on the router, thinking it may help, but it didn't
2) I can't see anywhere in the settings where to add CCCam servers?

Any ideas how to resolve those two issues?

Thanks

CAJE
网站管理员

Re: V9 Super Set Up issues

Post by CAJE »

MRkSTL wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:49 pm
Hi,

I have recently purchased V9 Super as my second tuner (first one is a xxxxxxx that was set up by a friend of mine) and I wanted to go through the whole set up myself. I got the CCCam servers and list of channels which I have already added to the tuner via usb stick, however...

1) Even though it sees the Wi-Fi and the password is correct, it doesn't want to connect to it, giving me an error - Time Out. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi. I also pressed WPS button on the router, thinking it may help, but it didn't
2) I can't see anywhere in the settings where to add CCCam servers?

Any ideas how to resolve those two issues?

Thanks
The Wi-Fi thing is due to incorrectly entering the password with some character that is not correct
for the protocols you must go to Network, on DLNA without entering press 6666 and the protocols will appear

MRkSTL

Post by MRkSTL »

Thank you for the suggestions, however the WiFi password is definitely correct. I just tried all in capitols ,but that didn't help either. It's a combination of upper and lower cases with one digit. There are no special characters.
When I click on the network that's what appears

AP Connect
Network SSID: (name of my wifi)
Signal level(%): 99%
Encrypt Mode: WPA2PSK_AES
IPv4 Address: N/A
Key: (wifi password)
Show key: Yes

I can't edit anything apart from password and it's visibility.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Will you be using version 400?
It should work for you if you put the password correctly, as it is written with the keyboard it is easy to get confused

MRkSTL

Post by MRkSTL »

I did the upgrade of firmware to the latest (400) and it still doesn't connect to WiFi. I tried also to use my mobile phone as a router ,however the result was the same. Both passwords were input correctly. I attach two pictures, but i explained it earlier what happens so I guess they won't help anyone to spot anything incorrect?
I guess I will end up returning the tuner back to the seller...
Attachments
received_999280864102833.jpeg
received_999280864102833.jpeg (96.26 KiB) Viewed 1304 times
received_1086836758910016.jpeg
received_1086836758910016.jpeg (99.73 KiB) Viewed 1304 times

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

It is still because you put the wrong password, you may use an outdated or incorrect database, put the firmware clean without the channel list file

MRkSTL

Post by MRkSTL »

but I definitely put the password correctly. every single character of the password is exactly the same as the ones on my router. I even tried to connect it to the Wi-Fi extender and also used my phone as a router (different password and also double checked while entering it) and it still doesn't want to connect to any wi-fi. Unfortunately it is too far from the router to connect it via ethernet cable.

I updated the software to the latest which has brought the tuner back to it's factory settings (deleting channel lists etc.), however it didn't help neither.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

If the Wi-Fi is in the range of -80 / -20 dBm it will work perfect for you
I see you have a 99% signal that the router is close, unless you use an extender

MRkSTL

Post by MRkSTL »

It's in the same room ,but on the other wall. I would say around 5m away. Even if it works through ethernet cable, it is still faulty as I want it to work on Wi-Fi. I will ask the seller to return it because it's too much hassle.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Try to change in the router WPA2-PSK-AES to WPA2-PSK (TKIP+AES)

MRkSTL

Post by MRkSTL »

thank you for the suggestion. I will try that once I'm back home.

However what about the fact that it also doesn't want to connect to the hotspot of my mobile phone?

I will try your idea anyway

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

MRkSTL wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:22 pm
thank you for the suggestion. I will try that once I'm back home.

However what about the fact that it also doesn't want to connect to the hotspot of my mobile phone?

I will try your idea anyway
Very strange since you have the configuration right, it can only be the chosen password with some character with a tilde
With a mobile connection as a Wi-Fi extender it also works, try to put an easy password like MR12345678, respecting upper and lower case letters
The problem of the V9Super is not, it only happened with some modules of different MAC WiFi companies in firmware superior to the V353 and it only lost connection
With the latest firmware 398-399 and 400 there is no driver problem with the Wi-Fi module

MRkSTL

Post by MRkSTL »

I've just checked Security settings of my router and there is no TKIP protocol to choose from. Only those two you can see on the picture attached.
Last edited by MRkSTL on Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

It's ok and the password is not complicated to get confused, make sure that WB are in capital letters, it is changed with the red key remote control

MRkSTL

Post by MRkSTL »

When I was entering the password previously I also used capital letters , exactly as it is written, still no success. I will simply return the tuner as it must be faulty. Thank you for your help though

Return to “GTMEDIA V9 SERIES”