H-H Motor Drive?

GTMEDIA V9 super V9Prime

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

stevec1000

H-H Motor Drive?

Post by stevec1000 »

Does anyone know how to get the SG-2100 motor drive working with the V9? I can set the type of motor drive to either DiSEqC 1.2 or USALS but it never moves and I don't see any way to activate it to get it working. It works OK with an older Pansat receiver however.
Never mind, I found it! I had to go down to the motor type near the bottom of the screen, click on it, then it changed to let me enter the Lat and Long, etc.
I wish there was some kind of user manual that explained all these settings!

stevec1000

Re: H-H Motor Drive?

Post by stevec1000 »

Even after putting in the Lat and Long, when I select the satellite it still doesn't move!
What else needs to be setup?
On the Motor Type screen there is a setting near the bottom called Motor Setting but when I click that I just get a list of a few transponders!
Can anyone explain what that is for and what to choose there?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

In the antenna setting the motor type needs to be set to USALS.
That is what you click on to get to the motor settings menu as you found.

After you set your location you need to press save to keep it.
Go back to that menu and check it is correct.

The Longitude for each satellite also needs to be correct as that is also used in the calculation for where to move.

The GT Combo unit had problems with south and west lat longs.
Are you south or west?
The dish should still move, just to the wrong location.

Another thing, are you using your USALS motor through a switch?"
If that switch is 22kHz it will not work.
If the switch is DiSEqC it is best to use port one for the USALS, as that is the default if there is a moment of over current trip on the LNB cable.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

stevec1000

Post by stevec1000 »

Feralkiwi Thanks for the reply. I also have a Koqit K1 receiver with similar firmware and had to set the motor type to DiSEqC 1.2 to get it to move and it also added the ability to jog it E or W a bit each time I click the arrow. This one seems like it will move no matter which motor type I choose but I can't tell if it's correct since the dish is not mounted on the motor and it's too hot outside at 110F to try it right now. At least it's finally moving though.

stevec1000

Post by stevec1000 »

So the way this is supposed to work is when the satellites are programmed in and you choose a different one with the remote control the receiver automatically moves the dish to that satellite? My question is though, if I'm on one satellite and want to program another one how do I get the dish to go over the the next one without any way to control the dish? If the motor type is set to DiSEqC 1.2 that gives you the ability to jog the dish slightly each time the arrow is clicked but otherwise I don't get that option. I'm used to the older C band satellite receivers that had the ability to run the dish East and West with the remote so trying to get it working on this model without any control is rather puzzling!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

With DiSEqC motor control, yes you need to move the dish with the west east buttons in the motor control menu.
I do not have a V9, but other units pulse for a short push and move constant for a long time press.

If you are looking for a sat, best to set the TP to one that is known to be strong and is on the lower band if you have a universal 9750/10600 LNB, as using a high band needs the 22kHz to be off to send the move command and then ON again to "SEE" the TP signal.
You can also set the motor to disabled and use the move button on the dish motor.
Most Ku band motors are one press and hold for one way and double press and hold for the other, but as you say it is hot out there.

If you have another unit that does find the satellites with USALS, that works the motor try this.

Set the other unit to USALS motor, move it to the satellite position, check you are at that satellite.
Then change the motor from USALS to DiSEqC and in the motor control set the "Position" for that satellite, numbers 1-63 normally.
Do that with each satellite.
This will save the position numbers in the motor it self.
If you have already done this, just note the position number you gave each satellite and enter that in the V9, but with the LNB cable disconnected.

Change box to the V9.
With the LNB cable NOT connected so it does not move the dish or talk to the motor.
Set each satellite up with DiSEqC motor control and "Save" the same position number for each satellite.
Note with the dish / motor connected "Save" saves the position number in the box AND the motor.

After all is set, connect the LNB cable.
If there are many sats, and you know the editor, you could do this setup in the editor on your PC.

Question:
The lat long input on the V9.
Does it show "South" and "East" etc or does it require -45 for south lat and -123 for west long?
You say on your other post / topic that you do not have a switch.

Could you post / attach a picture of your lat long entry screen?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V9 SERIES”