"Netherlands" missing in the country-list for DVB-T2

GTMEDIA V9 super V9Prime

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

SatAlfred

"Netherlands" missing in the country-list for DVB-T2

Post by SatAlfred »

I bought a GTmedia GTcombo with Android 9.0, and want to use its DVB-T2 tuner in the Netherlands.
But when I try to scan for DVB-T2 channels, the "Netherlands" is missing in the country-list, and no channels are detected when I scan with other countries (to be expected of course).
How can I add "Netherlands" in the list, or otherwise feed a list with preset channels?

BTW: For the DVB-S2 tuner, the country-list contains "Netherlands", and scanning for satelite-channels works fine.

Struggling for a while ;)

STRETCH

Re: "Netherlands" missing in the country-list for DVB-T2

Post by STRETCH »

Do you know what the frequencies are for your DVB-T2 channels, or do you get your channels via (Cable).
Also are in a (remote area).

Den

SatAlfred

Post by SatAlfred »

DVB-T2 signals are picked up from an antenna, not Cable.
I live in a crowded area, not remote.
When I connect my antenna to the built-in DVB-T2 tuner of my neighbours TV, the video and audio channels are received correctly, so the antenna is oke.
I do not know the exact frequencies, only the channel-numbers, and frequency ranges:
https://radio-tv-nederland.nl/dvbt/digitenne-kpntv.html
I am close to Amsterdam, and according to above table, I should be looking at UHF channel 34 (578MHz). Of course I tried to let the GTcombo search manually in that frequency-range. It does detect signal, with a strength of 75% on a scale of 100, but it fails to lock on any channel.

There is the possibility to load a DVB list of channels in some XML format, at least there is for satelite reception. Don't know if that would work for Terrestrial broadcast. Mayby the country-choice in the scan menu activates such a list?
I have been searching for such a list for the Netherlands, but found nothing of the sort.

Anyway, how to solve this?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Is your antenna, pointing in the same direction as your neighbours, have you checked the cable that goes to your antenna, and is connected.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Try using the Italian setting and then scan.
It looks from the link you added that you have the same frequencies as Italy.

If that does not work try another country, like France etc.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

SatAlfred

Post by SatAlfred »

Thanks for the suggestions.
I tried "Italy", and during scanning the strength-indicator lights up occasionally (briefly to 60-80%) when the device is near the Dutch frequencies, but no actual channels are found.
Same with other countries.

Still stuck.
Anyone?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Have you tried the manual scan.
Your note above for the Dutch frequencies did not show what band width was needed, 7MHz or 8MHz.

You =may be able to make that change ion the manual settings.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V9 SERIES”