About IPTV

GTMEDIA V9 super V9Prime

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

JohnDoe

About IPTV

Post by JohnDoe »

TV viewing and Radio Listening 24/7 nowadays consists nowadays of
  • Satellite Reception (and/or Digital Cable and/or Digital Terrestrial)
  • Internet Television IPTV and Internet Radio
I get my free-to-view Internet Channels from my server in an m3u format.
  • The updates from remote are daily at least, or when I turn off the IPTV receiver and turn it on back again.
  • So this is NOT a static list.
m3u is not supported at all by the Mars firmware.

Instead, the Program List (TV and Radio) - nowadays in the SDX format - should integrate Satellite (and/or...) Channels with IPTV or Internet Radio, where
  • Satellite = Server Master URL(many IPTV channels/Internet Radio channels updated from a server regularly)
  • Transponder = m3u Category
  • Channel = m3u Channel
  • Favourites = Favourites
  • TV = TV
  • Radio = Radio
I bought a GT Media receiver, will it make sense in the future if it doesn't support and integrate the Internet TV and Radio world?

All the Best

Felix29

Re: About IPTV

Post by Felix29 »

I think that it's becoming increasingly important for TV and radio receivers to support internet-based channels and services, such as IPTV and internet radio. With so many people now consuming media in this way, it's essential that manufacturers keep up with the changing landscape. It's frustrating to hear that the GT Media receiver doesn't support m3u or integrate with the internet TV and radio world, as this is likely to limit its usefulness in the future. Overall, I think it's essential for media devices to be flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of consumers, who are increasingly turning to digital platforms for their entertainment.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Supports m3u and in V8UHD and V9prime m3u8 files, if you mean Mars you must wait

JohnDoe

Post by JohnDoe »

I MUST wait. Hello world?

Before I upgraded to Mars, the V9 prime had the possibility to read m3u files from a local file but NOT from a URL, updated regularly and NOT integrated in the channel list.

How about the NOW and read my print?

JohnDoe

Post by JohnDoe »

Felix29 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:10 pm
I think that it's becoming increasingly important for TV and radio receivers to support internet-based channels and services, such as IPTV and internet radio. With so many people now consuming media in this way, it's essential that manufacturers keep up with the changing landscape. It's frustrating to hear that the GT Media receiver doesn't support m3u or integrate with the internet TV and radio world, as this is likely to limit its usefulness in the future. Overall, I think it's essential for media devices to be flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of consumers, who are increasingly turning to digital platforms for their entertainment.
Thank you, you are SO right.

JohnDoe

Post by JohnDoe »

I would like to enquire about this topic to be solved, sorry it's the customer calling...
Nothing happens here with new firmware.

JohnDoe

About IPTV - V9 Prime Firmware Upgrade latest version

Post by JohnDoe »

I see there is a V9 Prime Firmware Upgrade dd 02082023.
In USB - Software I tried to run the BIN file, but it "failed".
How is the correct upgrade process, from MARS older version to MARS new version, please?

Return to “GTMEDIA V9 SERIES”