V9 Prime error

GTMEDIA V9 super V9Prime

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

wlf

Re: V9 Prime error

Post by wlf »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:21 pm
When you tried these other USB ports, did you then check in windows "My computer / Control panel / View devices and printers" and see what port windows was then using for the USB to RS232?
You need to match that windows port number to the port you set in the GT Media software.
You may find there are multiple drivers installed for the RS232 adaptor.
Yes, I check it in "Device Manager", I can see the COM port assigned to USB adapter, I can also change the port in advanced settings and assign the number that I prefer if not already busy!
I have COM4, so there shouldn't be a problem with port numbers greater than 9. ;)

Consider that with Putty Emulator I hat checked the same COM4 port and I power on the V9 Prime from terminal emulator I see:

Code: Select all

Boot Mode : Nor
Run Maincode, main_entry = 0x80100200!
This is confirmation that the COM4 port number is correct and that the COM port work and the wires are connected correctly because I can see what the decoder transmit when I turn it on!

There are not dubit; I use the same COM4 port number and the same settings in GTMedia refresh tool (COM4 in yellow field)

At step 2 when I have the following screen and I power on the decoder V9 Prime don't start, it is like locked! :shock:

Why V9 Prime don't start when I connect the power cable? It doesn't turn on, the front panel remains off only the led turn on. :?:
What does it mean?
With the same connection and Putty emulator terminal when I power on the V9 Prime I see the posted log, the front panel turn on and I see "boot" and afeter "on". Why does connected to a Putty serial emulator V9 Prime turn on and connected to GTMedia refresh tool don't turn on? :?:
The connection is the same, the PC and the adapter are the same, settings are the same.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

You are making serve
GTMedia_V9 Prime Refresh Tool?

wlf

Post by wlf »

CAJE wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:56 am
You are making serve
GTMedia_V9 Prime Refresh Tool?
Yes, the one for V9 Prime in "GTMedia Tools" section; I try also with "GTMedia_V8UHD Refresh Tool(03/11/2022)" that is the same!
V9 Prime don't start anyway! :cry:

I have try also changing the compatibilty mode of Refresh Tool with "Select and hold (or right-click) the program file, select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab." choosing old windows version. :ugeek:

No way, decoder don't start; if I don't run the Refresh Tool V9 Prime start normally! :shock:

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Have you checked that it is not the power supply that is not working?
You can try with the source of a router that has 2 amps

wlf

Post by wlf »

CAJE wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:56 am
Have you checked that it is not the power supply that is not working?
Yes, the power supply work perfectly; when V9 don't start if I close GTMedia refresh tool the decoder turn on normally! :shock:

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Your other Putty serial emulator is likely allowing the V9 to boot, while the GT Media version is holding it for software up date.

The issue there may be the file name or version / type on your hard drive to be used for the update.
If the V9 is like the GT Combo, it needs the file still in the .zip folder.

Check what is needed. It may need an image file?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

wlf

Post by wlf »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:17 am
The issue there may be the file name or version / type on your hard drive to be used for the update.
If the V9 is like the GT Combo, it needs the file still in the .zip folder.

Check what is needed. It may need an image file?
GTMedia Refresh Tool proposes to select .abs or .bin binary files; I select GTMedia_V9Prime_V175_20220520.bin file unzipped. Therefore I must select a zip file? :?:
If I select GTMedia_V9Prime_V175_20220520.zip file the GTMedia Refresh Tool, when I click next, tell me "Wrong file". :shock:

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

So it is not complaining about incorrect file.
That would suggest it is trying to load the file.

Have you tried older versions of the software?

I had a unit some time back that would not recover. I left it for some time and then tried again and it loaded.
Other user have said the same thing, leave it unpowered for a few days and then try.
It is like something physical in the unit recovers and the memory or what ever then works again.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

wlf

Post by wlf »

Bingo!
Downgrade successful! :mrgreen:
Feralkiwi wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:09 pm
So it is not complaining about incorrect file.
That would suggest it is trying to load the file.
I have send the same file.
Have you tried older versions of the software?
No, I have used the same 2.2.2.0 STB EROM Upgrade version.
I had a unit some time back that would not recover. I left it for some time and then tried again and it loaded.
Other user have said the same thing, leave it unpowered for a few days and then try.
It is like something physical in the unit recovers and the memory or what ever then works again.
I don't know why, I make the same steps with the same adapter, upgrade tool and file, yesterday it worked!

The V9 Prime front panel did not turn on and showed "Boot", but the upgrate still start.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I'm pleased you got it done.

Owen

wlf

Post by wlf »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:05 pm
I'm pleased you got it done.
Me too, thanks a lot! ;)

Now the PVR function works, with Mars does not work; it would have been enough to fix it! :(

The previous fw have bugs too; why do you not fix it?

Return to “GTMEDIA V9 SERIES”