New GT MEDIA_V8UHD—TEST

This area is for some friends to experience new firmware or new features or new product test reports

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

New GT MEDIA_V8UHD—TEST

Post by Feralkiwi »

This thing is AWESOME!!!

This unit has got all the good stuff from GT Media so far.

New things:

Things like when you go to the TP list or antenna setting you are on the satellite and TP of the channel you left!

When you press the blue button for search you are on the satellite you were on in the antenna list.

Time shift
When you select time shift "ON" and "Time Shift to record" "ON" you get "Retrospective recording"
You can press pause as usual and Stop to end pause / return to real time viewing.
BUT if you press record you are then recording and can still pause AND the recording started from the last time you changed channel!!!
Restarts of recording also starts after you record and end recording.
You can also press pause and go back in the recorded file. If you miss something, just go back and play it again!
I think you will go through a few USB sticks as they wear out with that kind of use, But still worth it!!!

The EPG looks to hold all the channels data.
There are some issue with it in the first software that I hope get fixed.

Edited: Added
The channel list always has 1, 11, 21, 31, 41 etc at the top.

Recall is just two channels, now and last. You can rapidly press the button and flick between the two channels.
No recall list comes up.

The satellite LNB input remains stable while you watch DVB-T. You can unplug the LNB cable and the unit does not send switch commands while you watch DVB-T.
DiSEqC commands are still sent twice. There is no setting in the menus for DiSEqC repeat.
Changing channel on the same TP does not send a DiSEqC switch command.
Changing from DVB-T to satellite does not send DiSEqC commands. The current satellite channel switches are held.
Going to main menu, EPG or the channel list and back does not send DiSEqC commands, the channel is stable.
Oddly unplugging the LNB cable causing a "No signal" has the DiSEqC switch commands sent FOUR times to restore the channel.

Note: The UHF cable connection is a "F" connector, not a PAL connection. You may need an adapter.

Edit added end:
Edited More Added:
Good work. The "Find" function is not case critical. bbc and BBC find the BBC channels.

Another plus is that after a TP or Sat search you return to the Sat or TP menu, not the channel like other GT Media units. Great!!

Other improvements.
The screen time out can be set as low as 1 second. Older units only went as low as 3 seconds.
Correction: The info banner is not shown when you leave the channel list, it is shown with each channel change.
Edit added end:
Edited More Added 30June:
I am testing Tester only versions for GT Media.
I can report the BISS Auto Roll did work in the tester only version.
Please wait, these upgrades are coming.
Edit added end:

Looks like my number one GT Media unit from now on!!

The big down thing is Motor control
Motor control is a selection for "fixed" or "motor" like it is on the V8 Finder--Meter.
You can not set a motor satellite through a switch. There is no option for motor control in the antenna setting menu like on the V8Pro Nova etc when you have "Fixed" selected.
Selecting motor control makes all sats motor control.

Owen
Lining I will PM and or email you a list of small things to fix.
Menu3.jpg
Menu3.jpg (37.96 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
ChannelList3.jpg
ChannelList3.jpg (78.24 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
Instalationmaenu3.jpg
Instalationmaenu3.jpg (40.71 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
SatelliteList3.jpg
SatelliteList3.jpg (48.11 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
SatListMenu3.jpg
SatListMenu3.jpg (50.79 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
AntennaSettingsMenu3.jpg
AntennaSettingsMenu3.jpg (48.97 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
USBBackupMenu4.jpg
USBBackupMenu4.jpg (42.28 KiB) Viewed 1291 times
Dishes; 5x3m, 2.4m, 2.1m, 1.8m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. Skybox F5, F5s, V6, V8. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder and Finder-Meter. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

pro

Re: New GT MEDIA_V8UHD

Post by pro »

It looks good, but when you test the stb in real time you can comment about this. Because different user check from different angles. If possible then add me at your V8UHD test list.

Blank

Re: New GT MEDIA_V8UHD—TEST(26/06/2020)

Post by Blank »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:56 pm
This thing is AWESOME!!!

This unit has got all the good stuff from GT Media so far.
Good review estimated Feralkiwi, this V8 UHD use at same Menu background of GTS Android 6.1.
I would like to test this model as well. ;)

Health and Peace.
Receivers: Freesat Finder V-71HD/GtMedia V-73HD Meter ACM/GTMedia V8 Nova Orange & Blue/GTMedia GTS 4k Android/GTMedia V8X/Zinwell ZDX-620-S2/America Box S-205+ Plus/Satlink 6960/Century Midiabox B2
Sat List: 70w C/67w Ku/65.1w ku/70w Ku

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: New GT MEDIA_V8UHD

Post by Feralkiwi »

pro wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:32 am
It looks good, but when you test the stb in real time you can comment about this. Because different user check from different angles. If possible then add me at your V8UHD test list.
As far as I know no test boxes for the UHD have been sent out.
I brought my own box the day after it was listed on Aliexpresss.

Owen
Dishes; 5x3m, 2.4m, 2.1m, 1.8m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. Skybox F5, F5s, V6, V8. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder and Finder-Meter. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Moruri

Post by Moruri »

This gtmedia v8 uhd looks really good how I wish to be in the list of those who are testing. But anyway you done a commendable job. It is a machine am dreaming to have.

Satman43

Post by Satman43 »

Nice review Feralkiwi, looking forward to doing some testing as well, still in the middle of the V8x right now

Kb Cool

Re: New GT MEDIA_V8UHD—TEST

Post by Kb Cool »

How's the Picture quality? I didn't think the GTC was any good. But my V8 Super is excellent.

goldman

Post by goldman »

Kb Cool wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:01 pm
How's the Picture quality? I didn't think the GTC was any good. But my V8 Super is excellent.
looks real good..... very sharp

gusch

Post by gusch »

its an fantstic picture. I love it.

flody1

Post by flody1 »

Hi. just got mine today. Tested out of box , working. Looking for updates ,etc, Manual. Have NA Sat list and test software. Running now on 101 sat Newsy.

Lorax

Post by Lorax »

Hello all.

V8 UHD Questions.
1. Is time clock accurate? Sync to internet time server? (WorldTimeServer.com)
2. Will timed recording work?
3. Can a USB hard drive be used for recording?
4. Can firmware be modified to receive (blind scan) ATSC over the air channels in north america?
Thank you for your time!
10ft Winegard, ASC1, 90 cm, SG2100, Geosat 3500, Freesat V7 combo ATSC, Linux Mint-KDE, no Microshaft!

Post by 840 »

very good questions. if the box will do all that i mite buy 2 0r 3 of them.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Lorax wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:16 pm
Hello all.

V8 UHD Questions.
1. Is time clock accurate? Sync to internet time server? (WorldTimeServer.com)
2. Will timed recording work?
3. Can a USB hard drive be used for recording?
4. Can firmware be modified to receive (blind scan) ATSC over the air channels in north america?
Thank you for your time!
With timed recording you need to watch for TP's / channels that have an incorrect time.
I have many that say 2000, not 2020, or are 11 hours behind.
If you set a record using these "old" times, when you go to a correct time channel the unit will delete these record times as being old.
I do not know if the unit uses internet time.
The UHD has GMT use, or OFF.

Owen

spc412

Post by spc412 »

Hello everone,

Just got my uhd a week ago had a few issues;

1.) Unable to change weather from Celsius to Fahrenheit.
2.) Webtv function won't load iptv from usb stick...ie import
3.) New North American db update C and Ku transonders truncuated after scannning...ie Ku bands show up in C band
4.) When scanning sat's they repeat the scan...ie Sat's will repeat scan sometimes Blind, Preset , Accurate.
5.) No owners manual describing the features of the UHD and how to setup up each section.
6.) Won't let you downgrade firmware to original firmware from factory....IE you get an error wrong firmware. I backed up factory firmware before updating to new.

Hope some of these issues will be fixed soon otherwise decent unit

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

spc412 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:03 pm
Hello everone,

Just got my uhd a week ago had a few issues;

1.) Unable to change weather from Celsius to Fahrenheit.
2.) Webtv function won't load iptv from usb stick...ie import
3.) New North American db update C and Ku transonders truncuated after scannning...ie Ku bands show up in C band
4.) When scanning sat's they repeat the scan...ie Sat's will repeat scan sometimes Blind, Preset , Accurate.

5.) No owners manual describing the features of the UHD and how to setup up each section.
6.) Won't let you downgrade firmware to original firmware from factory....IE you get an error wrong firmware. I backed up factory firmware before updating to new.

Hope some of these issues will be fixed soon otherwise decent unit
Hi

2: Internet functions like Youtube etc are due in updates to come.

Your 3: Please explain what has happened? Did your user file upload with the satellite names changed, ie C band and Ku band swapped?

Your 4: What scan setting did you use to start the scan? If you select multi satellite scan it will scan all the satellite that are "Ticked"on the sat list.

5. There are guides here on the forum.

6: Most GT Media units do not allow downgrade from the menu. To do a downgrade use the flash.bin recovery. The current siftware is running much better than the factory supplied software, so stay with it.

Owen

gusch

Post by gusch »

Web-tv is no problem. It must have the name custom_tv.m3u and you must change the png to ts.
There is a information about it on You tube.

gusch

Post by gusch »

And the stick must be accepted from the gtmedia item.

gusch

Post by gusch »

you must have the newest firmware .1.6

gusch

Post by gusch »

and of course lining and alex are the best.