Beginner, need some instructions!

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

lucymary

Beginner, need some instructions!

Post by lucymary »

Please could someone direct me or give me a link to how to use remote control of V8 Nova which is already set, including timer function? I have the User Manual but this doesn't help me much, too general. Thanks.

bwe

Re: Beginner, need some instructions!

Post by bwe »

lucymary wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:52 am
Please could someone direct me or give me a link to how to use remote control of V8 Nova which is already set, including timer function? I have the User Manual but this doesn't help me much, too general. Thanks.
To use the Timer Function:

1. What I usually do first, is select the channel that I want to record with timer function.

2. Then, Press "Menu" on the remote. Use the arrow keys to scroll right/left, and look towards the right/top corner for "System".

3. Use arrow keys and select "Timer Setting", press "Ok".

4. The screen should show 20 timers. In other words, you can set the timer function for up to 20 channels. Moving the arrow keys up/down will highlight the different timers.

5. Highlight timer 1. It should say "1 Off". Press OK. A popup box should appear saying "Timer Setting".

6. The "Timer Setting" popup box should be highlighted on "Timer Mode". This is how you turn timer function on/off. You can use the arrow keys, or press OK for another popup box, to select: Off, Once, Daily, Weekly.

7. Next highlight "Wakeup Channel". This is where you select your channel. Since the channel was already selected at the beginning, we can go on to the next step. You can change the channel during this step by pressing Ok, and scrolling through the channel list.

8. Next highlight "Wakeup Date". Pretty obvious what it means. To set date, Press OK. Then use arrow keys and number pad to set it. Press Ok when finished.

9. Next highlight "On Time". Again, pretty obvious. Set this the same way. Press Ok. Use arrow keys/number pad. Press Ok when finished.

10. Next highlight "Duration Time". Again, pretty obvious. Set this same way. Press Ok. Use arrow keys/number pad. Press Ok when finished.

11. Highlight "Mode". Two options here. Do you want the "View" or "Record" the channel? Use arrow keys to select.

12. That's it. Select "Save" or "Cancel".

13. If you want to Turn Off the timer then highlight it, then press OK. Highlight Timer Mode, and Turn Off either with arrow keys or OK button.

When you are all finished setting timer function, you can press the Menu button (twice) or Exit button (Once) to go back to watching television.

Of course, your receiver's clock/date will have to be set correctly. Have you set the clock yet? I can help you with that too if you don't know how.

Good luck,
BWE :D
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”