GTMEDIA D2 Firmware(13/06/2019)

GTMEDIA D1 /D2 /Z3 /Z3B (DAB+ & FM)

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

juergenoberau

GTMEDIA D2 Firmware(13/06/2019)

Post by juergenoberau »

I alway get the message no File on SD Card... it shows the folder but not the extracted file

Wat to do

anne12

Re: GTMEDIA D2 Firmware(13/06/2019)

Post by anne12 »

I have the same problem, what could be going on?

juergenoberau

Post by juergenoberau »

juergenoberau wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:34 am
I alway get the message no File on SD Card... it shows the folder but not the extracted file

Wat to do

afer fiew days no reacton from this company...

digitalfranz

Post by digitalfranz »

Hi everybody!

I was trying to updare D2 FW...
BUT
instructions says--> "USB connection to the computer---press the Menu button at the same time, enter the upgrade interface and release the button"

What does it means? I have connected radio to pc, pressed menu button (same time...what means?) because i have tried to press menu button when inserted USB to PC (radio already connected, of course) BUT my PC doesn'ty enter in D2 mobile disk....where (if) am i wrong with sequence?

Thanks 4 reading and possible explanation...

RMSCOM

Post by RMSCOM »

Hi,
I was having the same problem until I tried pressing the "Func" button rather than "Menu" - then it worked!

Revised instructions:
1. Ensure radio is OFF
2. Connect USB cable to radio and PC
3. Press and hold FUNC button and while doing that, switch radio on (to "Music")
4. Radio will display message to confirm we are now in firmware update mode
5. Look for the new connected USB drive on your PC
6. Drag & drop the firmware update file onto this drive and wait until it has copied over completely
7. When the copy has finished, EJECT the USB drive
8. Radio will display a message showing the firmware update is in progress and then it will reboot
DONE :D

nai02ilu

Post by nai02ilu »

RMSCOM wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:28 pm
Hi,
I was having the same problem until I tried pressing the "Func" button rather than "Menu" - then it worked!

Revised instructions:
1. Ensure radio is OFF
2. Connect USB cable to radio and PC
3. Press and hold FUNC button and while doing that, switch radio on (to "Music")
4. Radio will display message to confirm we are now in firmware update mode
5. Look for the new connected USB drive on your PC
6. Drag & drop the firmware update file onto this drive and wait until it has copied over completely
7. When the copy has finished, EJECT the USB drive
8. Radio will display a message showing the firmware update is in progress and then it will reboot
DONE :D
Thank you, brother. It worked for me.

mare-di-alboran

Post by mare-di-alboran »

Dear All,

I would like to report my experience with D2 firmware dated 13/06/2019 and to suggest some improvement:

- when I switch on the radio (usually in DAB) the initial volume is very loud; please, let the radio start with the last volume listened when switched off;
- the minimum volume (level 01) is far too loud; you cannot listen to the radio when someone is sleeping beside you; please, add more volume steps to permit also very quiet sound levels;
- the option to auto-adjust time and date with info from the broadcaster is not available at all, even though it is described in the instructions booklet;
- 5 preset stations are too few; to overcome the limitation of only 5 physical buttons, stations form 6 to 10 could be recalled with a quick double-pushing of the same button (double-pushing key 1 = preset 6, double-pushing key 2 = preset 7 and so on);
- bluetooth audio streaming: the display doesn't show anything useful; it should not be difficult to show artist/album/song title/time and album cover as received by the music transmitter (i.e. the smartphone).

What do you think, fellow users? Have you experienced the same issues? Do you agree with the improvements listed here?

Dear developers, do you think that my requests could be implemented? Why are you going to release a new firmware?
Thanks.

luciacute

Post by luciacute »

mare-di-alboran wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:14 pm
Dear All,

I would like to report my experience with D2 firmware dated 13/06/2019 and to suggest some improvement:

- when I switch on the radio (usually in DAB) the initial volume is very loud; please, let the radio start with the last volume listened when switched off;
- the minimum volume (level 01) is far too loud; you cannot listen to the radio when someone is sleeping beside you; please, add more volume steps to permit also very quiet sound levels;
- the option to auto-adjust time and date with info from the broadcaster is not available at all, even though it is described in the instructions booklet;
- 5 preset stations are too few; to overcome the limitation of only 5 physical buttons, stations form 6 to 10 could be recalled with a quick double-pushing of the same button (double-pushing key 1 = preset 6, double-pushing key 2 = preset 7 and so on);
- bluetooth audio streaming: the display doesn't show anything useful; it should not be difficult to show artist/album/song title/time and album cover as received by the music transmitter (i.e. the smartphone).

What do you think, fellow users? Have you experienced the same issues? Do you agree with the improvements listed here?

Dear developers, do you think that my requests could be implemented? Why are you going to release a new firmware?
Thanks.
Hi, I agree with your improvements .

ronnyalpes

Post by ronnyalpes »

luciacute wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:40 pm
mare-di-alboran wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:14 pm
Dear All,

Thanks.
Hi, I agree with your improvements .
x2

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

I just bought a D2 and noticed a few problems, it is running the latest firmware. (d2-19613a)
  • If I turn off the unit while it is tethered via bluetooth it locks up/crashes and I need to remove the battery to restart the unit. If I turn it to "music" by pressing FN it restarts normally. I have tried this with 2 different bluetooth devices.
  • My unit arrived physically damaged, there's a small dent in the side. Other people on Aliexpress have had their units arrived damaged as well, without the box being damaged. There is a problem with quality control. The antenna is slightly bent, the badge isn't even on straight, I'd remove it but it would leave an inset/dent behind.
  • The signal reception is poor, an external antenna connection would be fantastic.
  • This has only happened once, but I only received the unit today. I was listening to FM, turned it to "music" and made sure BT was not selected, I turned it off.. and it didn't turn off. It doesn't matter what mode it was in, it wouldn't turn off. I could press "fn" and cycle between BT, DAB and FM without touching the switch. I had to remove the battery, yet again. :?
  • When I adjust the time and turn it off it resets the time to 00:00, which means I can't use alarms.
  • Some DAB stations I listen to don't transmit the correct time and that changes the time on the unit, which means I can't use alarms due to this as well. Once it acquires the time it often doesn't progress, it stays at that time, sleep does not work either. If I correct the time it doesn't work, when I turn it off and back on it goes back to 00:00.
  • I just configured some presets, when I push P5 it selects P3. P4 now jumps to P2. P3 jumps to P1, so now I only have 2 presets that work properly. It's a software issue, presets work on FM. "Preset recall" from the menu works, but the preset buttons do not (except 2).
I feel completely ripped off. :evil:

eljipe

Post by eljipe »

Hi All,

Received my D2 past yesterday...First impressions were very positive : good design, cool features, great sound...and good price ;)

Until I discovered a major firmware bug : if an Alarm is set and the radio is switched off, the radio wakes up at alarm time, but device get stuck : you have to remove/re-insert the battery to restart the device.
Then I tried to update the firmware using the "MENU" key, which of course never worked.. :evil: :evil: :evil: until i find myself the FUNC key was the right key!...and after updating, I found I had already the lastest firmware (D2-19613a DAB SDSK v0.5.8 r9867).
So, to use alarm feature, you must not switch OFF the radio.

@Aiko : In my case Radio reception is excellent. Not having your issues. Received my unit from Spain in mint condition. Your device seems to have been damaged during the shipping, or before. Don't waste your time, Return it.

@RMSCOM : in my case, ejecting the usb drive wasn't enought. I had to disconnect usb cable to trigger update process.

@mare-di-alboran : +1, I also agree your improvements !!! :
  • Volume increments should be smoothier, especially for low volume levels.
  • The auto adjust time works fine in my case (FM radio mode), but a setup option to disable time auto update is mandatory.
  • Yes, 5 direct access radio stations is far TOO short, At least 10 presets should available without having to digg into menus. In FM mode, double clicking 1~5 keys actually selects other stations...weird !
  • Yes again, bluetooth mode should display (title/album/....) basic AVRCP Bluetooth metadata. As well as interacting with play modes (Shuffle, Repeat,....).
I would add another feature : ability to access the µSDcard content when connecting an usb cable to a pc. Look like it was a planned feature (when you switch on the radio holding MENU key pressed, it tries endlessly to mount an usb drive...).

Bonus : Did you noticed the cool "screen saver" analog clock :) ?
IMG_20191226_022707.jpg
IMG_20191226_022707.jpg (44.46 KiB) Viewed 16458 times
Unfortunately the date format is wrong (mm/dd/yyyy instead of dd/mm/yyyy like is displayed elsewhere) and you can't configure the default time-out (around 20mn).

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

The seller is also a SCAMMER.

He wants me to pay for it to be returned, which is half the value of the item, so I get HALF a refund. That's actually ILLEGAL. He is required by law to pay for the return postage. He is selling to Australia therefore he is bound by Australian law, otherwise he will be fined and if he doesn't pay there's repercussions including not being admitted into the country if he ever wants to visit.

I repeated, the seller is a scammer selling inferior junk and refuses to abide by the law and refund the JUNK PRODUCT. I just lost 60$ because of that

HarryPL

Post by HarryPL »

RE: GTMEDIA D2 Firmware (13/06/2019)

I agree with Mare-di-Alboran,

The radio has it in itsself to be a very good price/quality radio however the firmware dated 13/06/2019 needs to be updated.

I suggest the following improvements:

- sometimes I cannot switch off te radio. The switch doesnot work at all. I need to get out the battery to reset.
- when I switch on the radio the initial volume is very loud; please, let the radio start with the last volume listened when switched off;
Sometime the radio does this ok but not always. Somertimes it starts on mute-mode. Very strange.

Thanks.

Itay

Post by Itay »

I have the same problems.

I suggest the following improvements:

Return to “GTMEDIA DAB AUDIO Series”