GT Media V8 Finder Pro

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

zabih_5

GT Media V8 Finder Pro

Post by zabih_5 »

Hello
In Finder, in the terrestrial receiver section, unfortunately, the name of the country of Iran and the frequency information of terrestrial TV networks are not there, and in the section showing the strength and quality of signals, there is no zoom option in the satellites option and the terrestrial section, and in the card networks section There is no auto biss option with biss code, please add these three items in the new software, thank you

Best regards
Zabih

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GT Media V8 Finder Pro

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

For Iran look at the other countries and find one that has the same frequencies / rate (8 / 7MHz) that is the same as Iran.
For NZ I use Italy.

BISS is a hidden menu.

With a wifi adaptor connected to the USB port.
Menu / System setting / 6666 / CAS will appear at the bottom.
You can then access the key edit menu and add or see BISS.
With the wifi connected to a network the auto biss is active too.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Amin nasab

Post by Amin nasab »

Greetings from the engineers of GTMEDIA company, I currently have the alpsat06 finder and I wanted to know if I can cooperate positively with GTMEDIA company in the field of calibration and improvement of modulation numbers? Meanwhile, I do not have this finder, neither the V8 version 2 black nor the V8 model. Orange PRO, but I saw the problems from the pictures and videos on YouTube, and the lack of proper calibration was evident in the modulation, the errors I saw in S2 and Satellite, I must say that it was like this. INFO BAR, which is only for demonstration purposes, and does not show the errors of approaching the FIX position and locking the frequency, either negative or positive, etc., and it is always set to positive zero, and this option is generally in the Finder. It doesn't work, unfortunately. (2)_In the PWR part, this number is displayed very high compared to the CN and MER number, which must be calibrated. (3)_In the Q% and quality toolbar, the quality number is not accurate and displays a high number relative to to the number of MER and CN, as well as PWR, which must be calibrated. It displays the net, which does not specify for the user that the LNB has a problem, or that the cable is of the required quality, or that it needs to be calibrated. When working under strong sunlight, as well as installing and adjusting the dish at night and in signal zoom, it is better to display the name of the satellite and the desired frequency along with PWR/MER/CN and QPSK/8PSK/FEC modulation with magnification. (6)_in Finder V8 PRO In the INFO section, I must say that this page should be designed bigger, and also the numbers and writings and all the details should be bigger and take up the whole page, especially the smallness of the Q% and S% toolbars, both during the day and at night, bothers the user's eyes and does not have a proper view. the user and also the use of a white background with large black numbers and writings to increase the quality of vision so that the numbers can be read correctly even at a distance. (7)- To show the amount of remaining battery charge in the battery logo In the picture, the % of the charge must be displayed so that the user can manage the remaining time for installing and setting up the dish. D. (8)- The correct movement of all modulation details forward from PWR to MER, CN, S%, Q%, as well as BER in a completely smooth, correct and coordinated manner when approaching the direction and initial frequency lock is very important and must be between These modulation members should have the right relationship so that they move forward in perfect harmony and correctly, that is, the numbers move forward in a correct and harmonious way and when we move away from each other, the numbers decrease in harmony and it is necessary to mention that I must say according to the CN table Each frequency with the initial FEC has an initial varnish with a CN number or a certain initial varnish dead point, and the level of the Q% toolbar should go very smoothly and step by step. % that these things must be observed and all members of the modulation team should benefit from a good coordination for orientation. Of course, I can help the company as a tester, and if this finder is loaned to me, all the problems and calibration of this finder set will be in front of you. I'm saying the error with photos and pictures and inserting the numerical amount, and I saw these problems myself in YouTube clips only in the Satellite S2 part. I would like to cooperate with GTMEDIA company in the field of GTMEDIA finders and I can help the company in this field because I have previously worked as a tester finder in companies such as Premium and X Cruiser, I will be happy to be in this field. I hope to have a positive cooperation. Thank you very much 🌻

salah

Post by salah »

Here no one cares...I regret buying the GT media V8 pro they disappointed us.😏
¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

Amin nasab

Post by Amin nasab »

Greetings, dear friend, as a tester of companies such as Premium and X Cruiser, I have reported all the problems to GTMEDIA in the above post, and I hope that they will act on the things mentioned in the 8 episodes that I told the company and the programmer. This finder has good features and only has a problem with the program, which must be calibrated correctly in the next program, thank you 😎🌻

salah

Post by salah »

Amin nasab wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:01 am
Greetings, dear friend, as a tester of companies such as Premium and X Cruiser, I have reported all the problems to GTMEDIA in the above post, and I hope that they will act on the things mentioned in the 8 episodes that I told the company and the programmer. This finder has good features and only has a problem with the program, which must be calibrated correctly in the next program, thank you 😎🌻
Since the device was released and we bought it, we have been talking about its problems, but no one listens to us.
thank you any way
¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

salah wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:22 pm
Amin nasab wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:01 am
Since the device was released and we bought it, we have been talking about its problems, but no one listens to us.
thank you any way
We always listen, the problem is that you don't provide relevant information, you have to make a video and send it to https://wetransfer.com for example, this way we can analyze those problems you have

Amin nasab

Post by Amin nasab »

Greetings to the hardworking engineers of GTMEDIA company, firstly, thank you for your answer and your follow-up, secondly, I must say that I do not have these 2 finder models, V8 version 2 BLACK and V8 PRO orange, and if you do, I have these 2 finder models on loan. Let me know if I can start testing the calibration of these 2 finder models in the first week of next week. Meanwhile, here in Iran and the city where I live, which is Karaj, the internet is very weak and I can only and only after I get the finders through Telegram to coordinate with you or the programmer to fix the existing errors. If, by God's hope, you decide to calibrate these 2 Finder models, I am also ready to cooperate with your programming team and will do my best, but on the condition that these 2 Finder models must be calibrated. I will receive it and I will send you the tests with photos and pictures from next week, and I will also send you the exact numbers of the errors. In the meantime, the calibration work is done in the same way in the premium company, when the device reaches us first. And we also transfer all the problems to the premium manager Mr. Sohail with various tests and he too Mom will give our statements in Telegram to the programmers of companies like Sathiro and Findsat for a comprehensive and final calibration program that we will update the Finder again with the new program and test again to make sure there are no problems, now also on the Finder 10800 premium model. The same thing happened and all the amounts and details and modulation items were calibrated, thanks for your good follow up 😎🌻👍

salah

Post by salah »

Amin nasab wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:55 am
Greetings to the hardworking engineers of GTMEDIA company, firstly, thank you for your answer and your follow-up, secondly, I must say that I do not have these 2 finder models, V8 version 2 BLACK and V8 PRO orange, and if you do, I have these 2 finder models on loan. Let me know if I can start testing the calibration of these 2 finder models in the first week of next week. Meanwhile, here in Iran and the city where I live, which is Karaj, the internet is very weak and I can only and only after I get the finders through Telegram to coordinate with you or the programmer to fix the existing errors. If, by God's hope, you decide to calibrate these 2 Finder models, I am also ready to cooperate with your programming team and will do my best, but on the condition that these 2 Finder models must be calibrated. I will receive it and I will send you the tests with photos and pictures from next week, and I will also send you the exact numbers of the errors. In the meantime, the calibration work is done in the same way in the premium company, when the device reaches us first. And we also transfer all the problems to the premium manager Mr. Sohail with various tests and he too Mom will give our statements in Telegram to the programmers of companies like Sathiro and Findsat for a comprehensive and final calibration program that we will update the Finder again with the new program and test again to make sure there are no problems, now also on the Finder 10800 premium model. The same thing happened and all the amounts and details and modulation items were calibrated, thanks for your good follow up 😎🌻👍
Message them on the uploading site that you talked about....and let's see the result.😏
¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

Amin nasab

Post by Amin nasab »

Greetings my good friend, at the first opportunity when this finder reaches me as a second and backup finder, don't be disappointed, I promised one and he is going to bring it on Saturday and by the end of next week if possible, so that I can I will start the tests and do the debugging, so there is nothing to worry about. 😎🌻

amir_931

Post by amir_931 »

Enlarging the fonts in all the different menus or enlarging the signal zoom, making the channel information more complete in the signal zoom section, including the name of the satellite, name and frequency, etc...
Please provide better support... Optimize the amount of battery charge...
amperes consumed when rotating the rotating motor in usals installations
The option show to diagnose the failure of Lnb

salah

Post by salah »

Amin nasab wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:22 pm
Greetings my good friend, at the first opportunity when this finder reaches me as a second and backup finder, don't be disappointed, I promised one and he is going to bring it on Saturday and by the end of next week if possible, so that I can I will start the tests and do the debugging, so there is nothing to worry about. 😎🌻
Ok thank you friend good luck We hope they will listen to you.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

Amin nasab,
It's not just about the program. The problem is also in the hardware. I don't even know how many times I wrote to them, sent comparative pictures of other instruments here on this forum. Tried to explain to them what the problem was, and nothing. Here, a year has passed since I first wrote to them. I have 4 other such devices, real HF signal analyzers, all 4 show almost the same values for everything (Power, MER, BER, C/N, whatever), but this GT Medio 8 pro is not even close. It displays some values that have nothing to do with true and correct. Non-selective, insensitive in all areas (DVB-S/S2/T/T2/C). The only good thing is that it is actually a small portable Combo DVB-S2/T2 receiver with a screen. Everything else is useless. If 4 of my devices for the same satellite and transponder measure C/N 12, this one measures 22, 8, 9. Certainly. MER also says 4 devices say 13, and this one says 30. It's even worse with terrestrial channels. My 4 devices for the same channel show power, C/N, MER quality of the same values, and this one shows absolutely nothing, I'm scattered. Let's say the signal strength is 50dBuV, and this one measures 82dBuV. C/N is 30dB, and this one measures a little 40, a little 90%. MER as well. Totally useless device as far as signal measurement is concerned. It doesn't recognize a signal below 33dBuV at all, but that's why its power scale is at 95% and it's white. Nothing, absolutely nothing. Even if I disconnect the antenna from it, it still shows 70-75% strength. :lol: :( :?

Amin nasab

Post by Amin nasab »

Greetings, dear friend, the GT V8 version 2 BLACK device will arrive in my hands in the next few days. I would like at least the senior programmers to cooperate with me during the comparison and calibration of the device, so that we can work on the SATELLITE and S2 frequencies. Calibrate the entire modulation from the ground up and I am waiting for the response from the GTMEDIA programming team and I don't want my comment to remain unanswered for a year. If the company does not do this, I will not go to any product of this brand again. I myself am ready to cooperate with the GTMEDIA programming team. I am and I am fully aware of the problems that the correct % and calibrated numbers should be displayed. If this problem is not solved, I will not enter this site anymore and I will not care about this finder. Thank you again for the good experiences that you have presented here. 😎🌻

salah

Post by salah »

And no one listens to us... I was a loyal customer who always bought the GT media brand, but now everything is over....We're just $$ in their eyes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

Amin nasab,
Do you really think they have programmers who can and know how to calibrate the device!? Do you really think they know what we write about day after day. As far as I can see, they don't even know what the terms Power, MER, BER, C/N, etc. mean in radio technology and RF signals. You give them proof and what is happening. They say that their device is great, but all the others are useless. I bought this GTMedia V8 pro finder mainly out of curiosity and, let's say, usefulness. I knew that I couldn't expect it to make the Spectrum analyzer work like on, say, the Dr HD 1000 combo. But I expected the measured values to show faithfully, accurately. I have been dealing with antenna systems for many years, looking for accuracy of measured results, not "makeup". I've had professional instruments, but they tend to be impractical. That device by its very nature should have been an instrument, but it is not. None of the results it measures are accurate, in fact the results obtained are simply ridiculous.

Amin nasab

Post by Amin nasab »

Greetings my good friend, unfortunately I have to say that the senior managers of GTMEDIA still do not care about calibration and the concepts of signal noise measurement as well as power and PWR as well as Q% and S% toolbar lines as well as the modulation error ratio or MER and ratio Carrier (carrier) to noise or C/N and bit error ratio or BER which doesn't work at all and is just a show as a background 😆 and the rest of the modulation is not accurate at all, isn't it time for the SATFINDER GTMEDIA production company to come And calibrate your product with a finder such as DR HD or ALPSAT06 and compare and calibrate all the details with these 2 mentioned finders and keep your customers satisfied? I have been working in the field of antenna and S2 / SATELLITE services for about 20 years, and until today, I have cooperated well with the managers of large companies such as X Cruiser and Premium in the field of testing, calibration, and modulation error detection, and until today, every message I have given it to every manager of these companies, they have been looking for correcting errors and correct support, and they have done this as much as possible, and they have updated the calibration of the signal measuring devices, and the problems have been removed from the way of those who They have taken professional activities in this field and services and have raised the quality level of the products, I am surprised why none of the programmer managers of a large company like GTMEDIA have accepted my proposal to calibrate the finders and no They haven't given me an email either 🤔 In order to improve this situation and increase the quality in the programming department as well as sat findet productions, it is better for GTMEDIA to open a tester finder group on Telegram and put the channel address on this site and that's it. Friends who use this company's finders with test You should transfer all the problems with photos, videos, and explanations to the senior manager of the programming department and... and the managers will solve all the problems by providing the right program and good support. This is my solution and the same suggestion. I gave premium to the manager and we formed a group for Tester Finder. If they value the company and its reputation in Europe and the Middle East, this Telegram group should be formed and the modulation calibration should be done correctly. Again, I thank you for Useful and good information that you have in the field of SATELLITE and you share it with other friends here. 😎🌻

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

I'll just add this and I wrote it once. There are quite a few of us in Europe who have bought some of their products, but a real, serious company, which they think they are, would have a representative office somewhere in Europe. But that would automatically mean the quality raised to a new level. It would be very difficult for such devices to end up on sale somewhere, especially in some specialized stores, and in addition, the customer could then much more easily return such devices that do not meet what is written in the specifications, in terms of accuracy. A lot of it would end up in the courts and very quickly that company would end its career in the EU, and especially in the USA.
I bought this device through Banggood. Saw that it didn't show a single value correctly, and wanted to return it, but Banggood didn't want to pay for shipping. I had to pay for the delivery, and it is almost $18. They won't admit if a device doesn't measure correctly, but if it's broken or torn, they'd probably give you a full refund. I'm on Banggood VIP5, similar to AliExpress and Ebay. Maybe I should have torn it or done something to it so that it was declared defective. Well, that's sad and that's why I don't buy anything on Bangood anymore.
We write to them what is wrong with their devices-instruments, because GTMedia V8 pro finder must first of all be an instrument and then they say that the device is correct, and we who have been in this business for 25 years. we don't know our job. A serious company would never do that, on the contrary, they would try to eliminate the problems. But what is happening. They release a new firmware and then break what was good and fix a little what was bad. I even got to the point that that device worked best with the first firmware 2.97. But even that is far from what it should be, a measuring instrument you can trust with measured results.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

you can do it perfectly

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

CAJE wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:12 pm
you can do it perfectly
Big LIE. Comparing it with Dr.HD is simply ridiculous and sad. Dr.HD is light years better and more precise than it.:lol:

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

In the end you have mentioned the company you represent, it is normal that you are angry because the V8 Finder Pro is a price that you cannot compete

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

CAJE wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:52 pm
In the end you have mentioned the company you represent, it is normal that you are angry because the V8 Finder Pro is a price that you cannot compete
You're writing nonsense again. I do not represent any company, but I have been a user of several such devices for years. How dare you compare Dr.HD with this toy without apology. I have Promax, Spaun, Dr.HD and little Amiko. Do you want to humiliate yourself so much, if I show you just one result of measuring one signal, either satellite or terrestrial? To see the differences, the result between this "Top device" of yours and these 4 listed instruments. How are you not embarrassed to defend this garbage.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Because it meets the technical characteristics and it's very good, I'm still waiting for the video that demonstrates what you say, because I stopped believing in what you write without sense a long time ago that's why I doubt that you know how to use a Finder and you are dedicated to promoting other models from other brands, I feel that you are disappointed by the good functioning of the V8Finder Pro for having such a good price of the market

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

I promote other brands!? Don't make me laugh. I wrote what devices I currently have and now I see that you don't know anything. All of us who write about these problems know nothing, and is it important that you do. Have you ever had the opportunity to have a good device in your hands, say Dr-HD 1000 combo (about $400), or the even cheaper Amiko TSC-1270 (about $150), which is the same price as this semi-finished product. So I'm writing about the most important one, which is the measured data, which, unlike this on garbage, is accurate. PWR, MER, BER, C/N, const. diagram etc. All 4 devices I have show the same results, but only this "smart guy" shows completely different ones.
How are you not more embarrassed to try defend "the honor" of this garbage from the device. I don't know what kind of education you have, because it certainly wasn't radio communications and connections. And instead of someone doing the work and trying to fix it, it's easier to insult the masses of us on the forum and write that we don't know how to use some devices and instruments. Especially for us with more than 20 years of experience in that field. A serious company would try everything to solve that problem and at the same time apologize for those omissions.
Here are all three. Promax and Spaun are in my company. I'll take pictures of all five tomorrow, so let's see who is lying about not having them.

maata

Post by maata »

Hello

I just bought the Finder V8 Pro.
Unfortunately, the problem of the signal level not being accurate was not solved with the update.
Apparently, this problem is raised by the majority.
At the same time, I also bought Finder Satlink ST-6989 and when I compare the signal level, I see a huge difference.
I request the company's engineers to consider a suitable solution.
Because this case can damage the reputation of the company
Thanks

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”