Manual Frequency input

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Django01

Manual Frequency input

Post by Django01 »

Hi
can i programm manual a desired frequency ? i need 1280 MHz for my local amateur television station
tnx Jan

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Manual Frequency input

Post by Feralkiwi »

What unit are you using?

I would assume this is a DVB-T signal?
There are different countries that have different frequencies in the DVB-T menus.

Have a look through them to see if you can fine the one you need.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Django01 wrote:Hi
can i programm manual a desired frequency ? i need 1280 MHz for my local amateur television station
tnx Jan
That frequency, 1280Mhz (23cm band) is way out of range of the satellite bands 3500-4200Mhz and 11000-12500Mhz so i doubt it will work with any of the finders...BUT if you have a STB (V7HD, V7S etc) you may be able to get something to work by connecting a 23cm antenna direct to the coax cable, as the frequency coming down the cable from a lnb is aprox 950-1450Mhz and your 1280Mhz falls in that range.

I have never tried this (I've been a ham fo 50 years) but you could use 5150 or 10750 as the LNB frecuency (even though you dont have one connected) in the antenna setup and turm the LNB power OFF (important so not to damage the STB) If the signal is strong enough it should pick it up. Using 5150 it will show as 3870 and using 10750 it will show as 12030. If it is not a DVB signal then I doubt it will detect it.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

kolithawick

Post by kolithawick »

very interesting post. I like it very much.
Django01 please try it and post the results.

Django01

Post by Django01 »

indeed i want to connect the Finder Receiver directly to my 23cm yagi antenna. this signal is DVB-S. The IF of the V8 covers the ham radio ATV frequency 1280 MHz. but the signal canot be found via a scan. i need to put it in manual. but i dont find the option for direct freqency input.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Django01 wrote:indeed i want to connect the Finder Receiver directly to my 23cm yagi antenna. this signal is DVB-S. The IF of the V8 covers the ham radio ATV frequency 1280 MHz. but the signal canot be found via a scan. i need to put it in manual. but i dont find the option for direct freqency input.
You cannot program the 1280 directly into the unit as it is designed to work on satellite frequencies. but you can fool it by using the examples I gave you... a LO of5150 or 10750,,,, your 1280 will show as 3870 or 12030 respectively in a blind scan or you could use those frequencies as a TP frequency.
I'm not sure if you can turn the lnb power to OFF on those units. If you can, turn it off, if you can't then use a DC block in the coax in case your 23cm yagi has a DC return.

kolithawick

Post by kolithawick »

this should work. only thing you will not get the amplification of LNB. if the signal is strong enough you will definitely get it.
if you can find a booster amplifier try it.
I think feralkiwi can answer the question how to power off the LNB and enter the LNB frequency of V8 finder.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Django01 wrote:indeed i want to connect the Finder Receiver directly to my 23cm yagi antenna. this signal is DVB-S. The IF of the V8 covers the ham radio ATV frequency 1280 MHz. but the signal canot be found via a scan. i need to put it in manual. but i dont find the option for direct freqency input.
To further my explanation, I would like to comment on a situation I have using an satellite IRD with a C-Band LNB. With this receiver the LO (LNB) has to be on the low side of the satellite frecuency. That is fine for Ku sats, but is not ok for C-Band sats where the LO is on the high side. The way round this problem is to designate a Ku LO and work out what the TP frecuency will be, Lets say I want a TP freq of 3720. my C-Band lnb using a LO of 5150 will give me an IF freq of 5150-3720=1430.... so now I have to figure out what combination of Ku LO and satellite frequeny will give me that IF frequency..I use 10.75 but you could use any of the combinations. So 10750 + 1430 = 12180. My satellite box is being told it is getting a Ku signal on 12180, but it's being fooled as the actual signal is comming from a C-Band antenna, but really all it is interested in is the IF frequency. In your case it will be LO(LNB) + 1280 = TP Freq.

I understand the GTC satfinders use a satellite list you can make up yourself, using the channel editor for the STB that the finder is based on. In that case you can just add a satellite, call it 23cm, and put in the LO and TP frequency once you have them worked out. You may have to juggle with the frequency a little up/down but if the signal is strong you will find it. Using the channel editor you should be able to turn OFF the LNB power for this TP.

Django01

Post by Django01 »

Thanks for explanation
where to get this software "channel editor for the STB" ?
i assume transfer via usb stick ?

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Django01 wrote:Thanks for explanation
where to get this software "channel editor for the STB" ?
i assume transfer via usb stick ?
If you tell us which Finder you are using we can point you in the right direction..... :D

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”