USB Backup

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Midi

USB Backup

Post by Midi »

Hi
I have just received my new GTMedia Finder V8 and noticed there is a USB backup. So I created a backup to a USB stick and that gave me a .udf file.
Having run the AliEditor and I could see the satellites and channels.
What is the point of a "backup" if there is no means to load the udf back to the finder ?
Or is there a hidden menu somewhere ?

bwe

Re: USB Backup

Post by bwe »

Midi wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:30 am
Hi
I have just received my new GTMedia Finder V8 and noticed there is a USB backup. So I created a backup to a USB stick and that gave me a .udf file.
Having run the AliEditor and I could see the satellites and channels.
What is the point of a "backup" if there is no means to load the udf back to the finder ?
How did you create a backup?

Thanks,
BWE

Edit: I just updated to latest May 2019 firmware. And I now see the "USB Backup" option. The March 2019 firmware that was factory installed when I purchased it, did not have this backup option.
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

bwe

Post by bwe »

Midi wrote:
I believe when you go to "USB Upgrade", at the top where it says "Mode" you highlight it, and then select with the right or left arrow between "All Code" and "User Preset DB". Select "User Preset DB" to upload the .ddf file. Select "All Code" for firmware.

I recently purchased this meter too, so I'm on a learning curve myself, but I think this is what you want.
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

Drahcir77

Post by Drahcir77 »

bwe wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:13 am
Midi wrote:
I believe when you go to "USB Upgrade", at the top where it says "Mode" you highlight it, and then select with the right or left arrow between "All Code" and "User Preset DB". Select "User Preset DB" to upload the .ddf file. Select "All Code" for firmware.

I recently purchased this meter too, so I'm on a learning curve myself, but I think this is what you want.
Thanks, useful information for me, i will do an upgrade because mine is by default from the day i bought it

bwe

Post by bwe »

Drahcir77 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:03 pm
bwe wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:13 am
Midi wrote:

Thanks, useful information for me, i will do an upgrade because mine is by default from the day i bought it
No problem. Let us know how it goes. :D

Drahcir77

Post by Drahcir77 »

Hi again, I have already managed to update my meter, I have not used it much but now it seems to me that it is a bit better, now the measure indicates higher percentages than before for intensity and quality. I just feel it just as slow as before to present the signal information when you move the parabolic trying to make a fine adjustment to the focus of it.

Drahcir77

Post by Drahcir77 »

Ah! I forgot to comment, I also had the impression that the battery lasted a little longer than before. I do not know if it will be this way or it's just that I thought it lasted longer this time that I used it after the update. :D

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”