Which version of firmware ?

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Midi

Which version of firmware ?

Post by Midi »

Hi

I have found the link to the latest firmware V8FinderMeter.bin 5/14/2019 but what version is it ?
I have Software Version V105.5.127 in the unit, do I need to do an update ?
I know the Bin file has to be in the root of the USB but can the USB have other files on it or does it have to be just that one file ?

Thanks

bwe

Re: Which version of firmware ?

Post by bwe »

Midi wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:39 am
Hi

I have found the link to the latest firmware V8FinderMeter.bin 5/14/2019 but what version is it ?
I have Software Version V105.5.127 in the unit, do I need to do an update ?
I know the Bin file has to be in the root of the USB but can the USB have other files on it or does it have to be just that one file ?

Thanks
What does the date say on the version which is on your meter? I go by the date. Once you've upgraded the meter, the new alpha/numeric version and date should appear on the "Information" page.

As for multiple files on the USB stick, I believe it doesn't matter. Data base files and firmware files have different extensions, so there should be no problem having those two files in the root, so that you can do a firmware upgrade and data base restore in one session. However, having multiple .bin firmware files in the root, for example, may lead to a mistake uploading the wrong file. I would clean the root of all unnecessary files just to be safe. I believe, and somebody can check me on this, it's okay to create folders on the stick. Just make sure the root is clean of unnecessary files.

I just bought this meter myself, and I'm still learning things too. Hope this helps.

Take care,
BWE
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”