GTMedia V8 Finder Meter battery indicator bar problem

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

slim

GTMedia V8 Finder Meter battery indicator bar problem

Post by slim »

Hello all

I have a problem in my GTMedia V8 Finder Meter. When charging it, the battery indicator bar is full and with green color, so when I remove the charger plug the battery indicator bar become empty and with red color but it doesn't blinking. I have updated it with the latest version but the problem remains. So is there a solution to this anomaly to have the indicator full and with green color?

best regards

Captain Ron

Re: GTMedia V8 Finder Meter battery indicator bar problem

Post by Captain Ron »

The GTmedia V8 Finder uses a Li-ion battery, while they are not prone to building a memory like some rechargeable batteries but what they will do is not recharge (and go to sleep) and will not recharge if they were discharged to nearly dead.

On Li-ion batteries to prevent this recharge problem you should recharge frequently (keep them nearly full) and not let them run down too far or they (go to sleep) and do not want to take a charge.

(Do a Google) on (How to Awaken a Sleeping Li-ion) and look for an article by (Battery University) as they explain it very well and how to fix it if that is indeed the problem.

Good Luck ! :D

slim

Post by slim »

Hello again ant thank you for your reply. So I have bought like this and I haven't charged it at the first time. When I received it I switched it on and I noticed this problem. I will see the article you say and I hope that this problem disappear.

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

slim wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:18 am
Hello again ant thank you for your reply. So I have bought like this and I haven't charged it at the first time. When I received it I switched it on and I noticed this problem. I will see the article you say and I hope that this problem disappear.
If you cannot revive it then since its brand new you need to contact GTmedia and get it resolved. Battery replacement or replace the unit.

Tell them the battery indicator shows the battery was dead when you received it and it will not take a charge.

Good Luck! :D

Kaduyui

Post by Kaduyui »

Hi Gt media v8 satellite finder management
Plz my freesat V8 sat finder got a power problem s you switch on initially it tends to boot but makes a wired sound and the display lights begin dimming and it never switches on it then gets hot on the upper left side and I switch it off fearing extra damage pkz can you help me what the problem would be

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

slim wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:04 am
Hello all

I have a problem in my GTMedia V8 Finder Meter. When charging it, the battery indicator bar is full and with green color, so when I remove the charger plug the battery indicator bar become empty and with red color but it doesn't blinking. I have updated it with the latest version but the problem remains. So is there a solution to this anomaly to have the indicator full and with green color?

best regards
Have your batteries been fully charged? If you can’t charge it up, you can contact the seller to deal with it
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

Captain Ron wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:21 am
The GTmedia V8 Finder uses a Li-ion battery, while they are not prone to building a memory like some rechargeable batteries but what they will do is not recharge (and go to sleep) and will not recharge if they were discharged to nearly dead.

On Li-ion batteries to prevent this recharge problem you should recharge frequently (keep them nearly full) and not let them run down too far or they (go to sleep) and do not want to take a charge.

(Do a Google) on (How to Awaken a Sleeping Li-ion) and look for an article by (Battery University) as they explain it very well and how to fix it if that is indeed the problem.

Good Luck ! :D
1. Have your batteries been fully charged?
2. You can plug in more adapters and place it for charging to see if it has not been charged for a long time and the battery has been discharged
2. If you still can't charge it, you can contact the seller to deal with it, it is a battery problem
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”