GTMEDIA V8 Finder - Some important suggestions to add to next firmware please.

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

RustySpoons

GTMEDIA V8 Finder - Some important suggestions to add to next firmware please.

Post by RustySpoons »

All,

I have just received my Finder V8 (Latest V-73HD Model), I upgraded from Finder V-71HD and sad to see that some issues are the same with this model too.
This can easily be changed in Firmware.

First PLEASE remove the Battery Icon on Full Screen Mode or HDMI. I use mine as a receiver when camping on a TV and I'm also a radio amateur and use these devices for Amateur TV.

Secondly, please mute the built in speaker when using HDMI, either automatically or with a button press.

I know a lot of people that will not buy this device because of the above issues, they tried Finder V-71HD and bought Satlink model instead because Satlink does not have these issues.
Fix these and you will get more sales, I will then recommend this device on satellite forums and the amateur TV groups.
I'm very active in the satellite and amateur community and forums.
Attachments
Inked20190607_154158_LI.jpg
Inked20190607_154158_LI.jpg (2.01 MiB) Viewed 3402 times

pkpatu2016@gmail.com

Re: GTMEDIA V8 Finder - Some important suggestions to add to next firmware please.

Post by pkpatu2016@gmail.com »

I have the gtmedia meter finder v-73 hd .. good sensitivity, good battery .. the bad is being tuned because I use satelites (40,43,58,63,70,107) from two different regions. When I set up a region the other way round the default factory and vice versa .. Other would be because it does not display the DB signal like other finders .. would look perfect
Last edited by pkpatu2016@gmail.com on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GTMEDIA V8 Finder - Some important suggestions to add to next firmware please.

Post by Feralkiwi »

RustySpoons wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:51 pm
First PLEASE remove the Battery Icon on Full Screen Mode or HDMI. I use mine as a receiver when camping on a TV and I'm also a radio amateur and use these devices for Amateur TV.

Secondly, please mute the built in speaker when using HDMI, either automatically or with a button press.
Hi I aggree, the battery logo is a pain there.

I used my finder as a TV reciever once too as a STB for a multistream channel and to mute the speaher I plugged in a 3.5mm AV lead into the AV output.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

konstantine

Post by konstantine »

Same problem was written here: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=13675&p=54747#p54747t
In the next software , is it possible to add wifi drivers for usb dongle and emulator?

RustySpoons

Post by RustySpoons »

konstantine wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:31 pm
Same problem was written here: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=13675&p=54747#p54747t
In the next software , is it possible to add wifi drivers for usb dongle and emulator?
This is a totally different issue, posting that in here just causes confusion.

AdrianH

Post by AdrianH »

Just got my V8 Finder, mine is aV-71HD version. Also like the first poster on this thread I am trying to use for amateur radio purposes and look at signals.

Also I hope to use for the Es’Hail-2 satellite that does DVBS television, I am hoping that the meter can decode the narrower formats as well as a symbol rate of 2000KHz.

I would be happy if on the next update the battery Icon could be removed from the screen, either via menu presses or if it onoy appeared when the battery is getting low.

Many thanks

Adrian

Trying to find the update instructions.

It also made life very easy when doing a sat dish install and a lot better then a level meter.

ruvan77

Post by ruvan77 »

Feedback received from one of my client. He has V8 Finder latest version with latest firmware installed/ His V8 finder showing peak signal at the dish location but when its connected to the decoder it has no signal or weak signal. How is that happens ?

edson laurmann

Post by edson laurmann »

ola boa noite amigos .meu gtmidea v8 finder meter entrou em curto quado conectado num cabo que estava em curto e saiu fumaça do aparelho mas nao chegou a queimar .pode ter algo errado na atualizaçao. eu nao falo igles sou do brasil se pudere me responder em portugues eu agradeceria

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”