New Guy

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

eastern_hunter

New Guy

Post by eastern_hunter »

Just received a GTMEDIA Finder V8. First need is to properly point to a DirecTV connection. Seems likely that is not quite aligned to satellite 103.

I find no English language Youtube videos that walk through the basics of using the device. Is there a source of tutorial information?

TY

Mike

lhanckes

Re: New Guy

Post by lhanckes »

same problem exist in july 2021, im having basic problems & having no luck, purchased new v8x & living rural i do not have access to a translator, regretting purchase!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: New Guy

Post by Feralkiwi »

To find a satellite first look at web sites like dishpointer dot com.
These will help you align your dish in the correct direction and angle for the satellite your need.

Code: Select all

https://www.dishpointer.com/
You can also find the correct skew, the rotation of the LNB for your location and the satellite.

After that select a transponder, TP and very slowly move the dish a little until you see a signal level.
You can look at sites like lyngsat dot com to see what TP you should see.
The signal level / quality is slow to react on the finder.
I use a tone type finder in the LNB cable to find a satellite and then use the V8 Finder-meter to fine tune.

Good luck

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”