Sat List

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

burguer

Sat List

Post by burguer »

Hello to All,
I'm new at the forum, I from Portugal, and living in Switzerland.
I have using a sat receiver for a while, but recently I moved, and at the moment i'm struggling to find the signal Sat at the new place.
So for that I bought a GTMedia V8 Finder Meter, but is not helping, now I cannot find the Sat Hispasat 30.0ºW at the sat list.

I would like to have some help, how to config the V8 Finder to Hispasat Sat, please.

I have access to a Sat antenna that is working already with Hispasat, don't know if it helps.

Thanks,
JPinto

STRETCH

Re: Sat List

Post by STRETCH »

With you having access to a dish which is set on 30w, could you fit a dual lnb and run a cable to your receiver.
Hope this helps.

Den

burguer

Post by burguer »

Thanks Dan for your answer,
It's impossible, the antenna is from a friend and is install ate is house, and it is those flat antennas, with single LNB.

I want to install an Antenna at my new place/house, I have tried without any help/extra equipment, and without success.

Mean while I bought a GtMedia V8 Finder Meter to "help" me, but at the sat list from the GT V8 finder, the sat Hispasat definitions, the sat I want to receive, are missing.

How can I enter those? Is there a list to update by usb?

If i use an antenna from a friend, but in another house, that is already pointing to Hispasat, if is it helpful to config the GTMedia v8 connecting to this antenna?

Thanks,

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have a read around the forum, with your friends dish set at 30w you should be able to add this sat to your sat finder.
When you have done this, have a look at (dish pointer) when you get back home, this will help you point your finder in the right direction to get a signal and in setting up your dish.

Den

burguer

Post by burguer »

Thanks again Den,

I have read was well something like that, but not sure with GT receiver was. I will try that.

Thanks

Jose18

Post by Jose18 »

To add a new satellite in this machine, you can download the user guide of Gt Media V8 Finder on freesat.cn in your language to help.
It is available here at freesat.cn. But you can know the frequency and the transponder of this satellite you add, elevation and polarity.
I already downloaded this user guide in my language.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

burguer wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:46 pm
Hello to All,
I'm new at the forum, I from Portugal, and living in Switzerland.
I have using a sat receiver for a while, but recently I moved, and at the moment i'm struggling to find the signal Sat at the new place.
So for that I bought a GTMedia V8 Finder Meter, but is not helping, now I cannot find the Sat Hispasat 30.0ºW at the sat list.

I would like to have some help, how to config the V8 Finder to Hispasat Sat, please.

I have access to a Sat antenna that is working already with Hispasat, don't know if it helps.

Thanks,
JPinto
Go to the menu for the sat list and "Add" your own sat name and info.
Then do a blind scan on the anetnna you already have Hispasat on and the channels will scan in.
After that you can us one of the strongest channels to tune your other dish.
I find sats using the meter and a tone sat finder as well, and then fine tune using the freesat meter.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

burguer

Post by burguer »

Thanks for info Owen. I will do that.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”