GT Media V8 Finder Meter heats up in level LNB IN, it stay grey level and strengh signal after preset, blind, accuracy s

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Jose18

GT Media V8 Finder Meter heats up in level LNB IN, it stay grey level and strengh signal after preset, blind, accuracy s

Post by Jose18 »

Gt media v8 finder meter no longer detects the signal of the satellite intelsat 35 located at 34.5 degrees west with the frequencies usually detected by gt media v8 finder meter with the vertical polarization such as: 11485-45000, 11595-30000, 11635-30000, 11675 -30000. It stays grey after a preset scan or blind scand or accuracy scan. Therefore, Satlink WS-6933 detects this satellite with the same frequencies and polarities without problems. I think this happens because LNB IN of gt media heats up excessively alone without the presence of the satellite cable connection connected to the Ku Single Universal LNBF of the parabola I use having input frequency 10.7-12.75 GHz, low frequency 9.75 / 10.6 GHz, noise figure: 0.1db (tipical). Despite I upgrade it using the V8FinderMeter.bin file after extracting this downloaded file to freesat.cn, the same problems are repeated even though I reset it to the factory setting for the May 21, 2019 update stays in the root or memory of Gt Media V8 Finder Meter.
Please help me to make this machine function as it is use to function correctly. Thank you very much for your help.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GT Media V8 Finder Meter heats up in level LNB IN, it stay grey level and strengh signal after preset, blind, accura

Post by Feralkiwi »

If that heat in the LNB input is execssive, it may be that your unit has a fault in that area.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Jose18

Re: GT Media V8 Finder Meter heats up in level LNB IN, it stay grey level and strengh signal after preset, blind, accura

Post by Jose18 »

when I do the pointing of the antern with the remote control on my decoder or dish pointing, the following information is displayed: Canal + Haiti Z3, frequency 11485, symbol rate 45000, vertical polarization, LNB Universal Type, LO Low 9750, LO High 10600, Supply LNB Yes, Signal Level 77%, Signal Quality 100%, FEC 5/6, MOD. DVB-S2 / QPSK, SOI = 1. When I click on the horizontal polarization on the same frequency, I see on the screen on my TV: Signal Level 0% Signal Quality 0%, SOI 1. What you say seems to be true because the Intelsat 35 satellite located at 34.5 degrees west has horizontal polarization on the frequencies 11485-45000, 11595-30000, 11635-30000, 11675-30000 on several website I visited. Nevertheless, with SatLink WS-6933 and with GT Media V8 Finder Meter I already detect the signal of Satelitte Intelsat 35 on the same frequencies mentioned above with the vertical polarization. As for the horizontal polarization, no signal found with these same satelitte viewfinders used in the south of Haiti. Now GT Media V8 Finder Meter does not detect the signal from this satellite which it has been used to detect since It was frozen on a free channel. When it defrozen, I upgraded it again with the V8Findermeter.bin file, I'm trying to detect a signal, GT Media V8 Finder is restarting itself for several times. When I do a scan or preset scan or blind scan, some parry twice. I did another scan, no program found at the end of the scan. In my opinion, another update will solve the problem. Rarely GT Media V8 Finder Meter detects the signal, less than a minute, the signal decreases until the signal strength and quality become gray or falls to zero. A new update of the GT Media V8 Finder Meter should display the amounts of dBuV and dB or dBmV and dB or dBm and dB. Only my SatLink WS-6933 continue detects the signal of Intelsat 35 with the frequencies and polarity mention above.

Jose18

Post by Jose18 »

If GT Media V8 Finder if the device have an issue in the zone LBN IN how to resolve this problem?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If you are receiving the H polarity on V then your LNB may be rotated 90 degrees.
If that is so then I expect you will get the V polarity channels on H.

There is a setting in the antenna setting to set for auto, H or V polarity.
If you have a long cable to your dish with switches etc in it you can loose power to the LNB and the 18v sent from the unit is reduced to 13v so the LNB only uses V polarity.

Check your LNB for "skew", rotation for V and H settings. I do this by watching a channel on V that should be on H and turn the LNB to the mid point where no picture is seen. Then check that a blind scan does not scan in the same TP on both H and V. A bit of fine turning will sort that.

Good luck.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Jose18

Post by Jose18 »

Thank you Owen. But there are nothing. I will take a new luck : changing rotate LNB at left to inverse polarity H on polarity V.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”