V8 Finder (V-71 HD) - Unicable

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

SatFinderGer

V8 Finder (V-71 HD) - Unicable

Post by SatFinderGer »

Hi Community,

I'm a little confused with the V-71HD and my UNICABLE system.

I'm now at a point that I belive that the V-71HD does not fully support UNICABLE and the implementation seems to be buggy. :geek: I have the newest FW on my V-71HD, and it is 100% genuine.

I have an UNICABLE matrix (DPC-32K) that supports the following standards: DiSEqC1.x/ DiSEqC2,0, EN50494/EN50607
https://www.reichelt.com/de/en/cascadab ... 65069.html

When I go through the satelite setup within V-71HD, I only can use "Unicable A" or "Unicable B" and the first "Center Frequency (1210)" of my UNICABLE matrix. Then I see a good signal strength and quality and can scan for TV channels. The "IF_Channel" does not matter from my point of view.

On every different UNICABLE frequency (eg. 1420, 1680, ...), that is supported by my UNICABLE matrix, the signal in V-71HD is lost and it seems that the finder can not register/logon at the UNICABLE matrix.

My TV-SAT-Receiver is working fine on different UNICABLE frequencies!

Can someone please explain me some things?

- Is V-71HD fully supporting UNICABLE?
- What is the difference between Unicable A and Unicable B within V-71HD? There is no documentation about this.
- Why is no other Unicable Frequency accepted within V-71HD?

Thanks.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V8 Finder (V-71 HD) - Unicable

Post by Feralkiwi »

Unicable is something I can not test as I do not have it.
It seems you do understand it well.

One thing may be of issue. The very first V8 finder V71HD had the internal switch mode power supply for the LNB 13 / 18v switching at 22kHz, so it acted like the 22kHz tone was always "ON".
Later modes of the V71 did not have this issue.
This stops DiSEqC commands. If you have a "tone" type sat finder that goes in the LNB cable, you will see the 22kHz LED's flashing between ON and OFF if this is the problem.
It does help if you run the finder on the charger, as this increases the voltage and changes the switch frequency.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

SatFinderGer

Post by SatFinderGer »

Hi Owen,

I don't think it is the power supply, but I'll give it a try.

I think it is more the software capabillities of the V-71HD and that UNICABLE is not properly integrated.

Thanks

SatFinderGer

Post by SatFinderGer »

Tried it.... Didn't worked. Seems to be that the Unicable Implementation is not working properly.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”