Alternative Symbol Rates

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

gregoriosw

Alternative Symbol Rates

Post by gregoriosw »

I was wondering as the GTMedia V8 Golden Finder is finding quite a following in the Amateur Radio community in order to receive the transmissions from Es'Hail 2 / QO100 at 25.8E whether there was a mechanism to influence those writing the firmware for this device? We often use 500 and 333 kS/s for reduced bandwith, but at present 1MS/s is the lowest symbol rate supported. It would open up additional use of this device if lower symbol rates could be supported and more than likely increase uptake both from Amateur Radio operators both using QO100 and also terrestrial Digital Amateur TV which uses DBS-S2 a lot these days.

Be useful to know if there is any means to request this addition!

Many thanks
Greg

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Alternative Symbol Rates

Post by Feralkiwi »

You can ask Freesat directly via their email contact on their www.freesat.cc web site.

Also have you tried changing the SR with a hex editor and reload the user file?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

G1IVG

Post by G1IVG »

I’m also keen to see a configurable symbol rate below 1000. I can view the main ES’Hail2 beacon that uses a symbol rate of 2000 and also the transmissions that use 1000.

Hams really would appreciate the firmware to allow us to set it as low as 333.
Is it just a firmware restriction that limits the lower Symbol Rate to 1000, or is the limit in the decoder chipset?

Also it would be good to have a Ham folder on the forum as I’m sure many of us could share information that will help others using the GTMedia V8 Finder for Amateur Radio use.

Colin
G1IVG
Last edited by G1IVG on Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

G1IVG wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:51 am
I’m also keen to see a configurable symbolic rate below 1000. I can view the main ES’Hail2 beacon that uses a symbolic rate of 2000 and also the transmissions that use 1000.

Hams really would appreciate the firmware to allow us to set it as low as 333.
Is it just a firmware restriction that limits the lower Symbolic Rate to 1000, or is the limit in the decoder chipset?

Also it would be good to have a Ham folder on the forum as I’m sure many of us could share information that will help others using the GTMedia V8 Finder for Amateur Radio use.

Colin
G1IVG
Have you tried looking at the user data file with a hex editor?

To find where the SR for each TP is I set it to one value and save the user data and then change it and save again.
This way the only change in the file is that SR and you can then set it to 333 and reload it.

I hope this works as I have only changed things with a Hex editor like screen time out and mover positions.
For those two functions the software worked fine, it was just the input text limits that limited the values.

As for a Ham section I will ask Lining if that can be set up.
Mean time I suggest using the word "Ham" in all your posts so a site search using "Ham" finds them.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”