Post by Eugene Ojiambo »

What is blind scan i need an explanation

bwe

Re: what is blind scan??

Post by bwe »

Eugene Ojiambo wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:34 pm
Blind scan is basically scanning the whole frequency spectrum for active transponders/channels. I use blind scan a lot to look for occasional wildfeeds like sporting events, news feeds, or concerts. Does this help a little? It's not really much different than scanning your television or radio. You are just scanning to see what's out there. It's good to blind scan every so often, because sometimes new channels pop up.
Go ahead and pick a satellite, and press the blind scan, and see what you find. Not sure of your location, but if the North American satellite arc is visible to you, some good satellites to blind scan are 55w or 97w C-band. Some good Ku-band satellites are 91w or 99w. Good luck.

BWE :D
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

tilko@btinternet.com

Post by tilko@btinternet.com »

Hi what is difference between Blind Scan and Accurate Scan
i'm try to scan an they both do the same.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The accurate scan takes a little more time etc to allow for locks on TP's.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Bobbytino

Post by Bobbytino »

Eugene Ojiambo wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:34 pm
Where are you located? If In North America try blind scanning during the dinner hours. Lots of news feeds and on location stuff happening around that time due to local newscast going on.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”