Quality signal 30%!!

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

JSat

Quality signal 30%!!

Post by JSat »

Something that needs to be corrected urgently and that gets in the V8 Finder Meter, is the question of the device even if it is not connected, in any antenna, or not having any satellite signal, showing 30% signal quality. This is very wrong, even hinders, this wrong information. This should be fixed in the next update.

rogerio_rodrigues

Re: Quality signal 30%!!

Post by rogerio_rodrigues »

Friend, this problem has already been fixed. Your device may be out of date.

JSat

Post by JSat »

It has the latest update released this year.

JSat

Post by JSat »

January 2020 firmware update I'm using

Jose18

Post by Jose18 »

Ceci est vrai car j'utilise la dernière version de GT Media V8 Finder Meter 1/2/2020 la force du signal est de 4 % et la qualité du signal est de
30 % sans la présence d'une cable branchée à LNB Ku Single LNB Universal à l'entrée de la connection de de LNB de GT Media V8 Finder Meter.
C'est problème qui doit être résolu et je suppose c'est la raison pour laquelle Gt Media V8 Finder Meter est incapable de faire une analyse aveugle.

Jason

Post by Jason »

I also have this problem!!
I have the latest firmware installed. I get signal quality 30% with no antenna? Wow that is some powerful device. :lol:

I am starting to regret buying this.

Also . . .
Why does Europe region have only have East Satellites??
Do you not learn Geography in school? In London I am at almost 0 degrees I can get 28.2E and 30W at very strong signal with a small dish! People with bigger dishes can go even further West and East. So I have to choose the User Preset region. This would not be so bad if the satellites were actually in the correct order. The list starts with a few East satellites then a few West satellites then back to East. Removed item Feralkiwi :o

The region should start with 1.2E on memory position 1. As you move up the list it should count sequentially up through the East Satellites . . . (1.9E 3.0E 4.0E etc). If you are at 1.2E and go backwards, you should get 0.8W. If you continue moving backwards it should count sequentially up through the West Satellites (3.0W then 4.0W then 4.3W etc). This is pretty simple stuff. We are not talking about brain surgery here :ugeek: .

It would be super useful to have a couple of channels from each satellite already programmed into the unit so you can use it straight out of the box.
Yes I can look on somewhere like lyngsat or similar website and write down some known working transponders on the satellites I want. Then, at the top of the ladder, I can take out my piece of paper and then select the satellite, and then select the transponder for each one of my multi LNB setup. or set it on the ground and then come back down the ladder to set it up for the next LNB :shock:

I was not prepared to do that. So the alternative is I had to do some extra research and go looking on the forum for the editor software so I could add some channels. And then the editor software crashes while I am adding channels on the 6th satellite and I loose everything :x :x . (So the moral here, of course, is save often!!). So the customer experience for me has not been as good as I had hoped.

This unit could be so good with a little more effort and some joined-up thinking. :roll: :roll:

Also the Spectrum display is a great idea and is one of the my main reasons for buying it. Unfortunately in practice it is just so sloooooooow. It is practically unusable :cry:

Manually creating a custom satellite list and manually programming in the channels is inconvenient but I guess at least it is possible. But, the signal meter and the spectrum display are things that really should be working properly!!

I guess I should have spent some more money and bought something else.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The feature that would make this unit more workable is a "Tone" satellite finder, like the tone finders that change pitch when you move the dish to a signal.

I use one of these in the LNB cable to find a satellite and then blind scan that sat to get channels to fine tune with.
I use a "Test" sat on the sat list and when I know what sat it is I add the sat or select it from the list and scan that known sat.
You are not looking at all the sats at once.

It would be great if some one had a spread sheet that would make a user file from data like lyngsat for you with just the sats you selected.

I think a tone finder added to your V8 Finder will make your use easier.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Blut-Svente

Post by Blut-Svente »

I recieved my device (V73 HD) today, flashed the newest firmware and have also the 30% bug in the quality signal bar. This is really annoying behause this is really a Basic Feature. Tomorrow I will use the device for the first time. I work as an electrician and need the device about 50 times/year. Hopefully you will Fix this bug very soon.

BR Blut-Svente

Blut-Svente

Post by Blut-Svente »

I prepared the device for tommorow. Plugged in the satellite cable and search view channels from different transponders. Everything wenn fine. Now I would like to sort the channels, baut I can not find the editor. Can someone give me a hint?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Blut-Svente wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:08 pm
I prepared the device for tommorow. Plugged in the satellite cable and search view channels from different transponders. Everything wenn fine. Now I would like to sort the channels, baut I can not find the editor. Can someone give me a hint?
Most of the tools etc are on the download page under "TOOLS"

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Blut-Svente

Post by Blut-Svente »

I already found the editor. There is a wrong information in the firmware description. You can sort, delete, change the Channels if you go to „settings“ -> „TV“

Jose18

Post by Jose18 »

Thank you.

rozo16525

Post by rozo16525 »

i have the same problem Quality signal always 30% i didi the fimewiare upgrade nothing happen any help please or were i can go to see before i can put the finder in the garbage thanks

immcivic

Post by immcivic »

I'm also having same problem.... SW V105.5.158 17March2020...Please fix this issue.

rozo16525

Post by rozo16525 »

todo el que haya comprado Gtmedia v8 finder deberia reportarlo por que es un fraude y aqui en este chat room no te dan ninguna respuesta creo que todo esto es una estafa

urie

Post by urie »

I have bought on of these V8 Satellite Finder Meters awaiting arrival, think I am regretting it already and I have not even tried it yet. All I can see is complaintsQuaulity signal is wrong, burt or shorted out meters and members being told its not worth repairing are they not under warranty ?
And use another meter that bleeps along with the V8 Satellite Finder Meter :( I thought thats what the V8 Satellite Finder Meter beeper was for.

Satellite list in meter in wrong order and on top of that you need to add details your self, why do they not have section on support forum with satellite database files even one uploaded by members would help.
I came onto this forum thinking I would find some goog information.
Hopefully I can get this working when it arrives :D or should I just have paid to get my motorised dish setup.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

urie wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:15 pm
I have bought on of these V8 Satellite Finder Meters awaiting arrival, think I am regretting it already and I have not even tried it yet. All I can see is complaintsQuaulity signal is wrong, burt or shorted out meters and members being told its not worth repairing are they not under warranty ?
And use another meter that bleeps along with the V8 Satellite Finder Meter :( I thought thats what the V8 Satellite Finder Meter beeper was for.

Satellite list in meter in wrong order and on top of that you need to add details your self, why do they not have section on support forum with satellite database files even one uploaded by members would help.
I came onto this forum thinking I would find some goog information.
Hopefully I can get this working when it arrives :D or should I just have paid to get my motorised dish setup.
The best way to get the satellites you need is to blind scan each one as you use them, or connect the finder to your move dish at home and load it that way.
I find the less sats in the meter the easier it is to find the one you want.

Owen

korban3134

Post by korban3134 »

I updated to the latest firmware yet I'm still stuck with Quality at 30%

jurist

Post by jurist »

I just received my GT media v73 v8 finder and it was on 30% signal quality without lnb connection so i upgraded it to new version but its still on 30% which is quite annoying and doesnt fulfill the purpose of satellite finder if you dont get the exact signal quality or strength its very very low as compared to receiver ... if some1 has fix for it please do let me know im in a problem because of that ... thanks in advance

John1

Post by John1 »

I have same issue of 30% quality in satfinder meter without satellite dish cable . S/w upgraded to March 2020.

How to resolve this issue

Kapa

Post by Kapa »

I’m just buy and test it,and I have the same problem...also with most recently Update SW V105.5.160 10 august 2020...Don’t fix this issue. :shock:
I’m send back this finder to developer and buy something better.
:evil: Very very sad with this finder.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

Kapa wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:29 am
I’m just buy and test it,and I have the same problem...also with most recently Update SW V105.5.160 10 august 2020...Don’t fix this issue. :shock:
I’m send back this finder to developer and buy something better.
:evil: Very very sad with this finder.
hello
Although the cable is not connected, there should be some interference signals received, so it will show quality.
But maybe 30% quality is not correct,i will check and optimize it.
Thank you very much.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”