GTMEDIA V8 FINDER IS INCORRECTLY CALCULATING COORDINATES

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Helchada

GTMEDIA V8 FINDER IS INCORRECTLY CALCULATING COORDINATES

Post by Helchada »

GTMEDIA V8 FINDER is incorrectly calculating the coordinates for the positioning of the antenna for a given satellite. Wrong Azimuth, missing Elevation value or when it's present also incorrect, as well Polarization value wrong too.

In the present case, the local longitude is 43.10 W, the local latitude 22.56 S. The satellite's longitude is 70 W. With these coordinates, the Azimuth orientation should be 307.7 º W, the Elevation 49.6º and the Polarization -46.88º. However, GTMEDIA reports Azimuth 127.14, Elevation --.-- and Polarization -26.90º.

Today (Thu Feb 13, 2020) I noticed that with respect to Elevation, the V8 Finder is unable to calculate it when a latitude value is indicated south of the equator.

As for Longitude, the device is calculating the positioning from the south and not from the north, as it should. For this reason, the values ​​presented are always lower than they should be if the starting point was North.

Can anyone fix this problem?
Attachments
20200212_163033.jpg
20200212_163033.jpg (3.08 MiB) Viewed 3356 times

juan_vale
网站管理员

Re: GTMEDIA V8 FINDER IS INCORRECTLY CALCULATING COORDINATES

Post by juan_vale »

Hi there Helchada and welcome to the forum,

I don't have any of the Finders but I can see your problem. Somehow the maths is not being done correctly, your azimuth is exactly 180 degrees off. As I don't have a unit I can't experiment, but are you sure you are putting in your coordinates correctly... when I use Dishpointer I have to put a minus in front of my Longitude... have you tried different ways of entering the data ???. Hopefully someone will have a solution for you... this is to bump your post up. Good luck.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

Helchada

Post by Helchada »

Hi juan_vale,

Thank you for reply.

Well I can say that I'm really sure about filling up the local coordinates.

In fact, today I noticed that with respect to Elevation, the V8 Finder is unable to calculate it when a latitude value is indicated south of the equator.

As for Longitude, the device is calculating the positioning from the south and not from the north, as it should. That's why the value of azimuth ​​presented is 180 degrees off than it should be if the starting point was North. This is the error, I guess. A wrong start point.

Anyway, thank you again.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes the math in the units is for the north hemisphere.
You will note that the east west move instructions for USALS and DiSEqC movers are inverted too.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Helchada

Post by Helchada »

Exactly. And, it seems, the manufacturer is not at all concerned about correcting these errors. I have already reported this problem to service@freesat.cn and they have not even responded. It must be the Chinese way of dealing with the customer. Abandon it along the way. After all, the customer bought because he wanted to and he was not obliged to do so ... Too bad ...

Helio

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”