channel list for European Satellites

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Jason

channel list for European Satellites

Post by Jason »

So I just bought a V8 Gold satellite finder. It has the Jan 2020 firmware. I enter my satellite region and select the first of several satellite locations I want to find (19E Astra 1#)

To my surprise there is no pre-loaded list of channels? I have tried and failed to find any list of channels anywhere.

Do I really have to manually enter some channels before I can even start pointing the dish? Why does it not come pre-loaded with some channels for each satellite? I don't need every channel from each satellite, (I already have a satellite receiver for watching TV). Surely this "Satellite Finder" should come with 3 or 4 FTA channels for each Satellite?

I am so surprised and very disappointed.

I have found the AliEditor app for Windows but I can't find any list of all Satellites. Can someone tell me if there is anywhere I can download a udf file that has at least some channels on each satellite from 30W to 42E?

Thanks in advance

Jason

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: channel list for European Satellites

Post by Feralkiwi »

If you use the signal and quality levels on one TP that you know is good, you can point the dish using that.
It is very slow to change.
I use a tone finder in the LNB cable to help find sats with the V8 Finder.
Check the website dishpointer dot com as that will help you with where to point the dish.

You could go to a dish that is already turned and scan in the channels.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”