Gtmedia v8 finder meter

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Gtmedia v8 finder meter

Post by Feralkiwi »

I'm pleased you got that fixed.

You must have the finder back to fully working now.

Well done.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Lenovs123

Post by Lenovs123 »

thank! I now have to deal with the battery! and it turns out that it takes an 8 Volt battery, it’s the socket where the charger is connected. I tried an 8 Volt battery. It works from 8 Volt! in principle, you can also order some kind of portable battery for 8 Volts and connect the charger place or 12 is better to order, but in general I ordered lithium banks on my computer I probably use them to assemble a battery and ordered a controller for the cast banks.

TimboZero

Post by TimboZero »

As a lithium battery it will be 8.4 volts (7.2 nominal iirc), any ‘2s’ hobby lipo should do fine externally
For one that fits internally i’d need the dimensions of the original and I can see if I could find one
FYI your earlier comment on the arriving battery being 3.x volts, that’s dodo dead levels of over discharge (could even explode whilst charging if the charger is dumb)

Lenovs123

Post by Lenovs123 »

The fact is that! Well, if I read my posts from the very beginning, then I laid out the boards where the control flashed up with my charge And after that I only now use the device from the charger through the connector from where 12 volts are supplied! the battery can be assembled from two lithium batteries 3.7 volt and 3.7 volt and the controller but I ordered such a controller the controller disconnects itself when charging! you can simply connect the battery to connector 12 where the charger is connected and use the battery for how long it will last! and there the factory battery is so unreliable, such a battery can fly at any time, it’s better to use the battery because of lithium cans! #Aliexpress KZT 179.01 8%СКИДКА | Защитная плата для зарядного устройства TZT 2S 3A, защитная плата bms pcm для литий-ионных батарей
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dZKxFDd At the moment, the 12V charger works for me! I’m using the device from the charger. Here’s how I’ll get the 8 Volt battery. I’ll freeze how and so that I can start the device from the battery and it has an output. It has a connection where the 12V comes from the connector, you can connect the battery there.

Lenovs123

Post by Lenovs123 »

I want to say that this SMD СAXX, that at any moment it can somehow be covered with an unreliable 18 / 13v switch, then again you have to re-solder it is impossible not to assemble which other circuit?

Lenovs123

Post by Lenovs123 »

Hello! again I have a SY7208ABC with this 6-leg microcircuit a problem, it seems to have covered me again! Now again, I can do it on the intelsat 85 E satellite, the vertical transponders all work, the horizontal transponders only work one, I also had it before replacing it like on the old MiAQB, I was told that I use a 12-volt charger directly because of this I have it flying this shink! that is, you can’t directly use the device with 12v, would it like to know who uses the device and does all the transponders work normally or does it work only from the battery, maybe he just needs to put the charger at 8 volts?

Oizamsi

Post by Oizamsi »

Dip330 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:52 pm
Thank you for information
My v8 finder is showing short circuit pleas help

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If you have a software version that is old, try updating it via the menu.

The software is here. Use the Finder-Meter (V73) for that and the V71 for that unit.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Obodo

Post by Obodo »

Please guys I wanted to download v8 finder latest software from this forum but saying am not authorised to download please how can i solved this problem ? Do I need to contact administrator

sathunter

Post by sathunter »

Hi you have to have 10 posts just read the forum rules viewtopic.php?f=47&t=16325

urie

Post by urie »

sathunter wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:28 am
Hi you have to have 10 posts just read the forum rules viewtopic.php?f=47&t=16325
I have not made 10 posts yet I can download the firmware perhaps user who actually bought direct from GT Media are granted permission.

Lenovs123

Post by Lenovs123 »

Oizamsi wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:31 am
Dip330 wrote:
Hello! And where exactly on which line does the short circuit occur? And why did you decide that a short circuit, try to discard the battery and just a 12V charger and connect whether there will be a short circuit, can there be a short circuit, if the cable touches the braided mass, it wakes up.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Lenovs123 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:14 pm
Oizamsi wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:31 am
Dip330 wrote:
Hello! And where exactly on which line does the short circuit occur? And why did you decide that a short circuit, try to discard the battery and just a 12V charger and connect whether there will be a short circuit, can there be a short circuit, if the cable touches the braided mass, it wakes up.
The report for short circuit is for the LNB cable.
This has occurred on a few uses units.
Some have solved this by updating the software.

Owen

Lenovs123

Post by Lenovs123 »

then it’s not short, but the problem with by usually but with lnb should not be connected well, but if you’ve already decided then well.

urie

Post by urie »

@Feralkiwi , I would say usually fixes it is not an answer, it either fixes it or it doesn't.
a fix is a fix not a maybey fix :D

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes the early software had this short circuit report issue that was fixed by updates.

There are also units out there that stay stuck on reporting short circuit.
Other users report the finder showing 30% signal but will not scan any channels.

I have a few of these V73 units, but none report short circuit, so I can not test to find a solution.

I can offer nothing further. I am a user like you and do not work for GT Media.

This short circuit and 30% signal / no scan issues has been reported many times and I have seen no direct comment from GT Media on this.

I will spend more time with the few finder-meter units I do have to see if any repeat the 30% no scan fault.

Owen

urie

Post by urie »

Owen, yes I understand you are just user im a moderator myself on a forum i know you can get grief but you will get more they are paying for a product.

But there does seem to be a lot of complaints I have strength at 4% and signal at 30% displayed also, and not even connected to lnb :?

You are trying to give support but there does not seem to be a lot from GTMedia and we do not know even if there is another firmware update if it will fix the problem they may need hardware change. And I cannot see them recalling faulty units even though they should if inbuilt fault.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

There has been post regarding a short of solder in the receiver / LNB circuit area with other units, I think the V9.

I hope, as I check some of my finders I find one with this fault so I can look.

As I do this I will post high res photos of that circuit area.

Owen

Lenovs123

Post by Lenovs123 »

urie wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:48 am
Owen, yes I understand you are just user im a moderator myself on a forum i know you can get grief but you will get more they are paying for a product.

But there does seem to be a lot of complaints I have strength at 4% and signal at 30% displayed also, and not even connected to lnb :?

You are trying to give support but there does not seem to be a lot from GTMedia and we do not know even if there is another firmware update if it will fix the problem they may need hardware change. And I cannot see them recalling faulty units even though they should if inbuilt fault.

at the output, measure the voltage on lnb, measure with a multimeter! which device can I upload more photos?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

When you reply to a post there is a icon third from the right that if you hover over says insert image, [url etc.

Code: Select all

[img]https://www.google.com/etc.......jpg[/img]
With this you can link to a picture on the net.

To upload your own, at the bottom of the reply text window there is the option for "Attachments".
You can "ADD" photos there and then click on the "Place in Line" button to put them into your post.
Keep them small as big pictures over fill the window.
You can click on the "Preview" button to see what your post will look like.

Owen

oe5pln

Post by oe5pln »

Hello dear user,
One has the feeling that the problems are only discussed here but there are no solutions. Where are the responsible people who write the software, get in touch. Fix the 30% problem. Here is only discussed in a circle, that doesn't help the user! Solutions have to come directly from the company GT MEDIA.
Thanks to all who are here!!!
Peter

alex.c
网站管理员

Post by alex.c »

oe5pln wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:15 am
Hello dear user,
One has the feeling that the problems are only discussed here but there are no solutions. Where are the responsible people who write the software, get in touch. Fix the 30% problem. Here is only discussed in a circle, that doesn't help the user! Solutions have to come directly from the company GT MEDIA.
Peter
Hi, friend.
We just build a Bug Tracking System.
Moderators will record the bugs in the top post.
Then we can track the bugs.

Lenovs123

Post by Lenovs123 »

oe5pln wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:15 am
Hello dear user,
Peter
Hello ! and what problem do you have, you didn’t provide a photo, you can burn it and write, but you can create a theme separately, how convenient is it?

urie

Post by urie »

Why does member need to post a photo just read the posts or switch on one of the meter and you will see the problem.
I even posted
But there does seem to be a lot of complaints I have strength at 4% and signal at 30% displayed also, and not even connected to lnb

Lenovs123

Post by Lenovs123 »

vamzhi already answered! how can I help the photo is not the same as help?

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”