V8 Finder Meter Connecting

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

urie

V8 Finder Meter Connecting

Post by urie »

I have two boxes one sky box other zgemma box comming off quad lnb, can I disconnect satellite cable to zgemma box and connect V8 Finder Meter or will that cause short circuit.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V8 Finder Meter Connecting

Post by Feralkiwi »

Are you connecting at the LNB?
This should not cause a short circuit. Have you tried both spare ports on the quad LNB?

If you connect at the set top box, you need to use a splitter. Splitters have diodes in them to stop the LNB power back feeding.

Does the V8 Finder report short circuit with no LNB cable connected?
Upgrading the software normally clears this report.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

urie

Post by urie »

No I have not connected to box was just wondering if i could without unit getting fried , I still to use meter I have new 97cm motorised dish kit i have not put new dish up was going to use switch to add other connection from quad lnb on existing sky dish pointing at 28.2E Astra sats.
Has no one ever thought of adding a satellite database section of scans from different areas say europe. Also do you think they will ever be able to sort satellites in correct order in meter.
Thanks

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The sat list order is as you enter them.
The list order for channels is as you scanned them.

There would be so many lists for different places in the world to make lists for.
The best way is to enter the sats you need and scan them.

Yes if you take the cable off the set top box you have you can connect that to your finder.
if you want to run both use a splitter.

You can not use a 22kHz switch before any universal LNB or other DiSEqC switches, so buy a DiSEqC switch.
DiSEqC switches do not like their ports being shorted, even just a touch of the center wire on the outside of an earthed LNB will blow the port.
Always power off when changing cables at the dish end.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

urie

Post by urie »

Owen, Thanks again for the information I have downloaded a pdf file showing how DiSEqC switch should be connected.
SAT.JPG
SAT.JPG (30.43 KiB) Viewed 2121 times
Just an example as you know I will only be using two dishes and one connection from each to my satbox.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”