CAJE
网站管理员

Re: GTMEDIA_V8 FINDER Series Bug Tracking System

Post by CAJE »

Guerrero wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:11 pm
CAJE wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:49 pm
These have a problem that must be addressed very well.
Friend please accept that the device has a problem in the DVB-T tuner....Don't follow alleys that have no exit please.

The best thing you can do is notify the development department to work on new software that improves gain in the DVB-T tuner, there are several affected users.
I have shown you the good functioning in your country, Just because you don't know how to interpret the values is not going to prove you right, you must improve the installation, You only have the MER within regulations with a low value

Guerrero

Post by Guerrero »

CAJE wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:22 am

I have shown you the good functioning in your country, Just because you don't know how to interpret the values is not going to prove you right, you must improve the installation, You only have the MER within regulations with a low value
You are wrong, everything is within the regulations, it is already written in the other thread.

The European range indicates that the optical signal is between the values:

Power: 47-77 dBuV
CN: +25 dB
MER: +22 dB

Perhaps you are unaware of the European regulations, the entire installation is within the regulations.

And many users are affected, you can read this forum and opinions on Amazon and similar sites. We all have problems with DVB-T tuner. Is it all the clients fault? We all have the installation wrong in your opinion?

GTMEDIA has the problem and you don't want to accept it...as always, deceiving customers.

The least you can do is contact the person in charge to find a solution.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Lining is the person to contact, send a (PM), you may get a reply.

Den

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

STRETCH wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:44 pm
Lining is the person to contact, send a (PM), you may get a reply.

Den
Lining can't fix your antenna which has less power than a non-active indoor antenna, The amplifier probably has a fault or the coaxial cable has deteriorated, He has the V8 Finder 2 in his hands to solve the problem, but due to ignorance the easiest thing is to say that the finder does not work, when he's telling you that he doesn't have a good signal

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Even with GTMedia receivers with various software you get different readings, when you know that your set up is correct for your location.
Most of the time it is the sensitivity of the tuner that is used within the receiver, then software.
For a (Finder) it should have the most sensitivity tuner there is. Most users would pick the strongest transponder on a satellite, then fine tune
with a weaker transponder.

Den

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

TPs also vary in power, It could be a problem with the issuer or weather problems, firmwares improve the hardware and the values could have an effect that changes, The important thing is to get the best values that the finder detects With the reading we get, if you take a measurement one day, the next it has changed, It doesn't matter what field meter you use, sometimes the quality is better than getting more power, there must be a balance

Guerrero

Post by Guerrero »

CAJE wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:16 pm
Lining can't fix your antenna which has less power than a non-active indoor antenna, The amplifier probably has a fault or the coaxial cable has deteriorated, He has the V8 Finder 2 in his hands to solve the problem, but due to ignorance the easiest thing is to say that the finder does not work, when he's telling you that he doesn't have a good signal
You are wrong, you have no idea what the installation is like...I have enough signal.

I told you that I have approximately 76 dBuV on the antenna when I connect directly !!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS NOT A SIGNAL OR ANTENNA PROBLEM !!!!

You still haven't understood that where I have 50dBuV is in the final take !!!!!

And you don't want to accept that the DVB-T tuner on this device is fu*cking sh*it! Sorry but is the reality

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

I understood it perfectly, it is in the final shot that you should have a PWR of 100 dbμV because you don't know how it works , It is difficult for you to understand that you have a very bad installation with a surely inadequate antenna, This way you will not be able to learn how the finder works, much less solve your problem.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Can i ask one question, When the installation is complete and you have a receiver in place, what are the readings of the strongest transponder, what satellite do you use in your area for your installation/s, also what is the reading of the weakest transponder.
I said one question, but there are a few.

Den

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

STRETCH wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:34 am
Can i ask one question, When the installation is complete and you have a receiver in place, what are the readings of the strongest transponder, what satellite do you use in your area for your installation/s, also what is the reading of the weakest transponder.

Den
For Astra satellite, for example, the PWR must be greater than 80 dBμV, Many factors influence, the gain of the reflector, % efficiency and LNB noise are the most notable, about the TP is not important, in the spectrum you should check that the lowest signal is within technical parameters, If you are guided by the S/Q signal, use the TP with less Quality
The quality will be marked by the MER, the minimum is 8dB, but at the minimum it becomes pixelated, a reference is 12dB Higher values can be achieved, depending on the antenna and LNB

Guerrero

Post by Guerrero »

STRETCH wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:34 am

Den
Hello Den, thank you for your interest.

Satellite works good, I think.

The problem is DVB-T (Terrestrial) the tuner is very insensitive compared to other brands, it does not detect a signal. Only detect a good signal by connecting the V8 Finder Pro directly to the antenna.

In theory and based on what is written, you can think, like @CAJE, that it is a problem of poor installation, but this is not the case, I am completely sure that the installation is correct, because in all the sockets I can watch TV and find channels perfectly, Only the V8 Finder has the error... coincidence?

I know it is a cascade installation and there is signal loss, but as I say in the last shot on the wall I am still within the European telecommunications range on all frequencies. I know the signal is low there, but in cascade installations it is normal.

In this last wall outlet of the cascade installation there is no problem with an LG television, nor with an Edision brand DVB-T receiver, nor with a Satlink 5155 nor with a Promax....The only one who has problems here is the V8 Finder pro.

I know that the signal is low, but I refuse to accept that the fault is a problem with the installation or antenna as @Caje says.....so why do all the others work without a problem?

Measured with Satlink 5155 in the last connection of the cascade because V8 finder does not show me anything...no lock.

At the best frequency I have the following:

610Mhz

PWR 56
MER 25

And I also have problems on this frequency.

At the worst frequency (532 Mhz)

PWR 50.5-51
MER 23

Understanding that according to European law a DVB-T receiver must be able to function correctly with a PWR of 47-77 and a MER greater than 22dB. I am completely within range and all my other devices are working properly.

What does this mean? That the V8 Finder pro2 (or the integrated DVB-T/T2 IC, surely RAFEL) are of low quality and have not followed the European standard in their manufacturing.

Many users are reporting problems in the DVB-T tuner, I am not alone.

THE DVB-T/T2 TUNER LACKS GAIN!

Here you have a test with the same cable, same connection from the wall and same channels and frequencies.

LG TV with Edision receiver and V8 Finder.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

If you live in a neighborhood community, the modules are broken, The S/Q of the TV also detects the problem of a faulty installation that you do not want to recognize

Guerrero

Post by Guerrero »

CAJE wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:00 pm
If you live in a neighborhood community, the modules are broken, The S/Q of the TV also detects the problem of a faulty installation that you do not want to recognize
The one who does not want to recognize a defect is you and the entire GTMEDIA group.

Where does the television detect the defect? There is never channel cutting, there is never pixelation.

No, it is not a community. It is a cascade installation, I already told you.

You keep saying that the installation is defective when the only device that fails is the V8 Finder.....but for you the installation is defective....Yes, the signal is somewhat low due to the type of installation. But you must admit that the V8 Finder's DVB-T tuner is very bad, the images say so.

That's why the only one that has no signal is GTMEDIA....

Given your refusal to help resolve the gain of the DVB-T tuner, I have no choice but to put negative ratings wherever I see this product.

I hope GTMEDIA loses some sales of this product, at least that's people who haven't been fooled.

Simply for the developer to try to improve the gain of the tuner, a sample of help, would be enough to prevent this from happening, but as a typical Chinese mentality, it is better not to accept errors... I have accepted that my installation is somewhat low for be in cascade, but that is no reason for the V8Finder to detect absolutely no signal...and you know it.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

You said you were professional you have accessories such as the noise generator to simulate the TDT signal as well as the SAT signal You will see that it will show correct data and that you should change that defective antenna, that it is in cascade It does not influence the fact that you have such a poor installation that the information on the television reflects it.

Guerrero

Post by Guerrero »

CAJE wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:45 pm
You said you were professional you have accessories such as the noise generator to simulate the TDT signal as well as the SAT signal You will see that it will show correct data and that you should change that defective antenna, that it is in cascade It does not influence the fact that you have such a poor installation that the information on the television reflects it.

Cluster.One

Post by Cluster.One »

I am sorry but I completely agree with what @Guerrero wrote, the V8 Finder Pro2 cannot show no signal, when the signal is there and it is good enough to be viewed on the TV without obvious pixelation and image blocking.

The Finder must show me the channel and indicate the signal strength and any errors in the signal, not indicate no signal.

It is possible that the signal may not be perfect, but this is what the finder must tell me.

The Finder indicating no signal suggests to me that the signal is impossible to receive correctly but this is not completely true given that it is displayed on the TV and even without apparent errors.

It is a fact that there are tuners that are more sensitive and better than others,I don't know if this is the case with the V8 Finder Pro2 terrestrial tuner, in certain locations it is impossible to have perfect signals even with the best antenna in the world, the sensitivity of tuner can make a difference.

Since the important thing is to be able to receive, In these locations with little signal, a technician who will carry out measurements with the V8Finder Pro will say that it is impossible to receive something, but this will not be true.

To find out where the truth lies, you should connect a serious instrument to that antenna and not a little toy like these finders which are nothing more than simple receivers disguised as an "instrumentand" see how it behaves.

Not all GT Media products are perfect, I own two GT Media V8X satellite receivers and V8 Finder 2, they are excellent, on the contrary I had a very bad experience with a terrestrial GT Media TT Pro receiver, DVB-S2 H265 HEVC, it is 8 bit and not 10 BIT, in Italy it will display a black screen when switching to DVB-T2 HEVC 10bit it has a terrible tuner, it receives half the channels of the xxxxxxo, and even the few that are visible have pixelation problems and image blocks, impossible to see,basically I will have to throw it in the ecological landfill.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”