V8 Meter questions and clarifications.

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

ZOO

V8 Meter questions and clarifications.

Post by ZOO »

Hello GTMedia. I see there seems to be 2 models of this V8 sat meter finder ? If this is the case does either model have true meter functions such as a db reading and a spectrum analyzer.

My assumption of this meter is nothing more than a hand held tv. Any and all input is much appreciated to clarify its true functions as a sat meter.

Thanks.
ZOO

bwe

Re: V8 Meter questions and clarifications.

Post by bwe »

I own a V8 Finder. Yes, it has a Spectrum Analyzer. You use the "colored" buttons to access it. The analyzer is comparable to the ones you find on other small handheld meters.

No, it does not show C/N dB, BER, MER, etc. It shows signal strength and quality in %%%, like most STB meters.

It does show "DBM" in the TV screen mode when watching channels, but I don't know if this really helps much.

It is a very sensitive finder, though. I just used it to tune up my 90cm offset dish to Galaxy 19/97°W Ku. It does okay. I just wish it had more signal information for better fine tuning.

The TV screen has a nice clear picture. The OSD interface and functions are simple to master. So, it has some positives going for it. However, it falls just short of being my main signal finder because of lack of signal information. Hope this helps. :)

I have a picture on my PC of the meter's OSD in TV mode, but I don't know how to upload it to this particular forum. I looked through the FAQ, and it appears I need to upload the picture to a public server, in order to post it here. I don't have that currently. If you want to see it let me know, and I'll see what I can do.
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

Thanks for the information bwe.

urie

Post by urie »

@bwe when posting if you look at bottom page you will see an attatchments tag just click that then you can select and upload file .

bwe

Post by bwe »

urie wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:45 pm
@bwe when posting if you look at bottom page you will see an attatchments tag just click that then you can select and upload file .
Okay. Thank you urie. :)
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

bwe

Post by bwe »

I tuned up G19 Ku recently. Notice the "DBM" metric for Press TV. In terms of DBM, it's my understanding that the "lower" the number, the better. But I'm not sure.
Attachments
V8 Finder/Galaxy 19 Ku
V8 Finder/Galaxy 19 Ku
V8 Finder Signal Meter.jpg (2.54 MiB) Viewed 3798 times

bwe

Post by bwe »

Here is a picture of the Spectrum at work on the horizontal side of 103°W/SES 3 Ku. (Never mind Spaceway 1. I never edited the sat names. This is SES 3.) Notice the huge spikes where the strong NBC TPs are located at 11880 H and 11760 H. For some reason I wasn't able to scroll left to right, and back, in steps, to "analyze" individual frequencies. Also, there is no function to enlarge/zoom the screen.
Attachments
Spectrum Analyzer/SES 3 Ku
Spectrum Analyzer/SES 3 Ku
V8 Finder Spectrum.jpg (3.41 MiB) Viewed 3797 times

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”