Using the V* finder to setup Directv 101 HD

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

hard3

Using the V* finder to setup Directv 101 HD

Post by hard3 »

New to this device. How do I use it to set up my directv HD dish ? I move about a lot in camper and it is always a pain to connect to the SAT. I want to use the V8 finder to speed up the location and locking in of the dish without a lot of back and forth to watch the progress on the tv screen. CAn anyone walk a newby through the setting up of the device and how to use it to connect the Directv HD sats?
thanks Jeff

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Using the V* finder to setup Directv 101 HD

Post by Feralkiwi »

Is your direct HD sat dish one of those auto find dishes?
I would think not.

You need to use one of the satellite on the list or "ADD" your own.
Set the antenna settings to match the LNB on your dish, 9750/10600 or 13000 or 10750 etc.
As you are direct to a single LNB ( assume there is only one lump, not two or three on the dish) you will not need to change the DiSEqC 1.0 or 1.1switch settings, leave them disabled.

After that add a TP to the TP list that you know is a good powerful TP. TP is the frequency of the transponder that the channels are on, look at the sat unit in the camper for this info.
With that TP info in the finder you can move the dish slowly until the signal / quality is shown.

An easier way would be to set up your dish as you usually do and then connect the finder and blind scan in the channels.
After that you can use one of the channels to show when your dish is on satellite.

Good luck.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

hard3

Post by hard3 »

thanks, I have the SWM 3 LNB with the elliptical dish . I normally run back and forth about 20 times to get locked in. trying to limit the headache by going to a handheld tuner to work at the dish. i have the power inserter SWM , does that have anything to do with the setup at the dish, or do i have to insert power to the LNB with it. or can I just put a cable to the LNB and adjust from outside?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

That looks like it does a frequency shift of the frequencies form the three satellite in to one feed.

I would set for 9750 or 10600 and do a blind scan. The frequencies reported by the meter will be different from those that you would see on sites like lyngsat dot com as they are shifted.
As long as the power inserter is after you meter you should be OK, as it does not affect any normal set top box at that point.

Good luck.

Owen

You have something like this?

Code: Select all

https://www.swidenonline.com/product/2720/directv-swm-lnb-single-wire
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

hard3

Post by hard3 »

Yes , that i the LNB I use. along with the power inserter

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”