Gtmedia V8 Finder v-73 HD no power to converter

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Roman55

Gtmedia V8 Finder v-73 HD no power to converter

Post by Roman55 »

Good afternoon!
Problem with Gtmedia V8 Finder v-73 HD.
When connected to a known-good converter, the device connector got hot and a burning smell appeared. Converter and cable are 100% functional. the PBI DHC-3100P receiver worked on them for me before and is working now. This V8 Finder is connected to check the functionality. After disconnecting on the V8 board, Finder detected a transistor with a burnt lid. Its marking on the board is 1MQ2. That this is not clear, since the cover is burnt out and the markings cannot be read. On the Internet, on a similar board, I found that the marking is X7PX (perhaps something like P channel Mosfet AO3407A, but not exactly). After a problem appears, when the device is turned on, the inscription "short protection" appears. It does not supply power to the converter at all.
When changing frequencies in the list (when changing polarization), the color of the LED under the display changes (13/18). If you connect the V8 Finder through a splitter (supply power to the converter from the satellite receiver) - the V8 Finder connected to the other splitter connector sees the signal and shows the received programs.
I suspect there are problems in the satellite reception module, which led to the burnout of the transistor on the board.
I updated the firmware just in case. Did not help. And the transistor did not burn out from the firmware (as far as I understand).
I connected to other converters - the problem is not in the converters.
I measured the power on the F connector even without a converter - there it is neither 13 nor 18
In this regard, two questions:
1. What is ea transistor 1MQ2
2. What can cause this problem (writes protection against a short even when the cable is disconnected).
In the photo (taken from the Internet), he indicated the installation location of the burnt-out transistor.

additionally noticed that the inscription "protection against shortcuts" appears when the device is turned on only when the power is turned on in the menu. If you turn off the power in the menu, there is no inscription "protection against shortcuts" when turned on.
HW v1.20 aug 01 2019
SW V105.5.160 Oct 22 2020
SN V8FA19024290

Добрый день !
Проблема с Gtmedia V8 Finder v-73 HD.
При подключении к заведомо исправному конвертору разъём прибора нагрелся, появился запах горелого. Конвертор и кабель 100% исправны. на них у меня работал до и работает сейчас приемник PBI DHC-3100P. Данный V8 Finder подключался для проверки работоспособности. После отключения на плате V8 Finder обнаружил транзистор с прогоревшей крышкой. Его маркировка на плате 1MQ2. Что это не ясно, т.к. крышка выгорела и маркировку не прочесть. В интернете на фото аналогичной платы нашел что маркировка X7PX (возможно что то типа P канального Mosfet AO3407A, но не точно). После появления проблемы при включении прибора появляется надпись "защита от короткого". Питание на конвертор не выдает вообще. При смене частот в списке (при смене поляризации) цвет светодиода под дисплеем меняется (13/18). Если подключить V8 Finder через сплиттер (питание на конвертор подать от спутникового приёмника) - V8 Finder подключенный к другому разъёму сплиттера сигнал видит и принятые программы показывает.
Подозреваю на проблемы в модуле спутникового приема, которые и привели к выгоранию транзистора на плате.
Прошивку на всякий случай обновлял. Не помогло. Да и не от прошивки транзистор выгорел (на сколько понимаю).
К другим конверторам подключал - проблема не в конверторах.
Питание на F разъеме замерял и без конвертора - там его нет ни 13 ни 18
В связи с этим два вопроса:
1. Что эа транзистор 1MQ2
2. Что может вызывать данную проблему (пишет защита от короткого даже при отключенном кабеле).
На фото (из интернета взято) указал место установки выгоревшего транзистора.

Дополнительно заметил, что надпись "защита от кототкого" появляется при включении прибора только когда питание включено в меню. Если в меню питание отключить - надписи "защита от кототкого" при включении нет.
HW v1.20 aug 01 2019
SW V105.5.160 Oct 22 2020
SN V8FA19024290
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (2.01 MiB) Viewed 2314 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Gtmedia V8 Finder v-73 HD no power to converter

Post by Feralkiwi »

There are many pictures on this post of the boards.
Maybe you can see the numbers here for your part.

It sounds like you have burnt the13/18v power driver.
Maybe your cable / LNB set up back feed 18v when the finder was sending 13v.
Most splitters have diodes to stop back feed of the voltage from other units.
In switches these diodes get burnt out when the cable is shorted,so maybe this happened to your splitter.

Good luck with replacing the part.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Roman55

Re: Gtmedia V8 Finder v-73 HD no power to converter

Post by Roman55 »

On one of the photos on the specified link, I found the marking of the X7PX transistor, but I DID NOT FIND a description of such a component on the Internet !!! If anyone knows what this transistor is or its correct marking - write. So far I have put N channel Mosfeet. The DC-DC converter located nearby is working. When the polarization is changed in the device menu, the voltage changes on the diodes located closer to the installation site of the F connector. not exactly 13/18, but close to that. I suspect the problem is in the module on which the F connector itself is located. But this is not a simple short circuit. In the event of a short circuit, the device would not receive a signal from a head powered by another receiver. I know about the power decoupling in the splitter. I used this one for checking after the problem occurred.

На одном из фото по указанной ссылке я и нашел маркировку транзистора X7PX но в интернете описания такого компонента НЕ НАШЕЛ !!! Если кто знает что это за транзистор или его правильную маркировку - напишите. Пока поставил N канальный Mosfeet. DC-DC преобразователь расположенный рядом - рабочий. При изменении полярзации в меню прибора на диодах расположенных ближе к месту установки F разъёма напряжение меняется. не точно 13/18, но близко к этому. Подозреваю проблема в модуле на котором стоит сам F разъём. Но это не простое короткое замыкание. В случае замыкания прибор не принимал бы сигнал с головки запитанной другим приемником. Про развязку по питанию в сплиттере знаю. Именно такой использовал для проверки после возникновения проблемы.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”