V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

mastrocamillo

GTmedia V8 Finder Pro Problem

Post by mastrocamillo »

I have encountered many errors in the v8 finder pro
1) BER indicator does not work
2) constellation indicator does not exist
3) spectrum analyzer does not change to the high band when the 22khz signal is given, the value 10700-11900 is always indicated
4) spectrum analyzer it is not possible to scroll with the cursor it always remains the same value in portion of band 150 or 600 11325-11375 for band 150 and 10999-11599 for band 600 it is not possible to change

mrardj

Re: GTmedia V8 Finder Pro Problem

Post by mrardj »

Hi,
firmware version .305

on dvb-t confirm that BER indicator does not work it show alway 0.00E+00
constellation indicator does not exist
power led 13V/18V is alway ON also 22K
on spectrum analyzer dvb-t Led Lock is alway ON
the spectrum analyzer have not span function avaible and no channel information or mer cn ecc, it have only power information and only frequency information. It not possible know if is locked or not on frequency, it is pratical to have the possibility to switch from frequency o chanel in span.
on spectrum analyzer dvb-t the x-axis is not indicate frequency value how show in satellite spectrum analyzer screen
for loop search for dvb-t is not pratical to insert frequency, but it is pratical to select chanel from memory research

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

thank you very much for your feedback
we will check these issues.

SiTec

Post by SiTec »

Good day.
Hello all forum members.
I received my V8 Finder Pro, I updated to version 305 and I see the first problem. Please improve Country Poland Frequency Channel to the same as throughout the European Union (Germany, Italy, etc.). In Poland 177500kHz 7M is a channel 5, not 6; 474000kHz 8M is a channel 21, not 14.
Thank you right away for repair.
Regards
Grzegorz

snv78

Post by snv78 »

I bought a GTmedia V8 finder pro device. Is it possible to modify the software in the device? Is it possible to enter an item in the settings menu to enlarge the font. The font in the device is very small, it can only be read under a microscope. And the scale of signal strength and quality should be made large on the full screen so that it can be called by the device button.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

SiTec wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:55 am
Good day.
Hello all forum members.
I received my V8 Finder Pro, I updated to version 305 and I see the first problem. Please improve Country Poland Frequency Channel to the same as throughout the European Union (Germany, Italy, etc.). In Poland 177500kHz 7M is a channel 5, not 6; 474000kHz 8M is a channel 21, not 14.
Thank you right away for repair.
Regards
Grzegorz
we will check it.

thorch

Post by thorch »

I receved these days the V8 Finder Pro, and there are same problems, unusable if not detect BER!! By the way I dubt that indication of power in uvdbm are correct.

mastrocamillo

Post by mastrocamillo »

I have installed the new firmware but I still have problems with the spectrum in satellite mode, with 22 khz tone there is no band change (11700-12700) you always see the low band on the spectrum (10700-11900) also it would be very convenient both in the loop search that in the spectrum in addition to the frequency indicate the channel example frequency 546000 can 30 177000 can5 etc. it would be very convenient I hope we can make this change

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

mastrocamillo wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:24 am
I have installed the new firmware but I still have problems with the spectrum in satellite mode, with 22 khz tone there is no band change (11700-12700) you always see the low band on the spectrum (10700-11900) also it would be very convenient both in the loop search that in the spectrum in addition to the frequency indicate the channel example frequency 546000 can 30 177000 can5 etc. it would be very convenient I hope we can make this change
Friends, we will add this function in the next firmware
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

Thank you for your feedback, we will sort out finder pro related issues, optimize and improve the quality.

SiTec

Post by SiTec »

Hazl113 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:44 pm
Tom.w wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:01 pm
Thank you for your feedback, we will sort out finder pro related issues, optimize and improve the quality.
OK, Mr. Tom.w
I hope we will see these improvements, because the problem is not only on DVB-S/S2, but also on DVB-T/T2 and DVB-C.
Totally wrong measurement results from BER to signal strength. DVB-T2 poor selectivity and sensitivity. I have 4 other instruments and they have no problem measuring weaker signals, signals below 45,40,35dBuV. This one cannot measure them at all, because the selectivity of the input part is poor. It shows something, but it is not the signal of the transmitter on the receiving channel, but the breaking of a stronger signal, and that signal is not strong at all, below 70dBuV. In fact at 5 frequencies I have these signals of 70dBuV. UHF22,25,28,40 and 48K. Only this receiver-instrument shows me nothing on UHF 32K and 38K, and their signal strength is 53dBuV. So I’m not sure you’ll solve it. Maybe the device is faulty. Firmware is yours V307.
I agree completely and join the request for repair. At this point, I regret buying and advise against everyone.

ferrum

Post by ferrum »

Hi
Currently Ahd camera is unsuitable for setup work.Ahd cameras with 2 Mpixels and higher resolution are not displayed in good quality

This option (AHD input) is so pointless because the 1 megapixel camera is no longer used by anyone.
However many people buy and use 2 Mp-8 megapixel AHD cameras.
It would be important to develop the option.
Many professionals would be happy to use this instrument to set up AHD cameras.

An important option would be the management of Ahd cameras..higher resolution Ahd cameras display bad..this needs to be improved urgently..when Will there be development in this?
Please fix this error urgently!
Thanks

eugeniom

Post by eugeniom »

Good morning, I have one problem when use scan digital terrestrial channel, the situation is this:
With the Community aerial and in the same position:
With scan whith my tv: receive normally and correctly position: tv 8, rete4, canale 5, italia1(channel n8, n4,n5,n6)
With v8 finder pro: tv8, not found in normal position(but in other position es 108 or 508) rete4, canale 5, italia 1(not found in normal position but in other position es 104,105,106 or 504,505,506)
Why with LCN Search ON don’t receive correctly?Is possible remedy whitout LCN position off?
I don’t want to use manual research
Thank you

Some answers from Tom?
Last edited by eugeniom on Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

gregred

Post by gregred »

When setting up digital channels, dvb-t2 does not see a signal from weak frequencies, only with a good powerful signal. There are a lot of problems in satellite mode, I am silent ... :evil: :evil: :evil: Satfinder is a useless toy. You don't want to work on new firmware....Take them off the market and give people back their money for a half-finished product....reputation above all else :!: :!: :!:

Sifronio

Post by Sifronio »

I recently bought a gtmedia v8 finder pro, and I wanted to kindly ask you to change the frequency from KHZ to MHZ here for Brazil because the terrestrial signal doesn't work with the KHZ frequency. thank you in advance

EricM

Post by EricM »

Issues with this ‘finder” have been been highlighted time and again for over 6 months with no fix or resolution so it sums up the manufacturers view to customer care.

I note that a “New” V8 finder max is now going on sale using the sane case and similar looking software as the V8 pro. Sadly I would put odds on it being as hopeless a unit as the V8 pro for accuracy. They don’t fix current issues and appease us with words with no action:- fortunately once bitten we are wiser and can but hope others read the genuine users feedback before making the same mistake of purchasing this poor quality equipment. Being better informed

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

EricM wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:34 pm
Issues with this ‘finder” have been been highlighted time and again for over 6 months with no fix or resolution so it sums up the manufacturers view to customer care.

I note that a “New” V8 finder max is now going on sale using the sane case and similar looking software as the V8 pro. Sadly I would put odds on it being as hopeless a unit as the V8 pro for accuracy. They don’t fix current issues and appease us with words with no action:- fortunately once bitten we are wiser and can but hope others read the genuine users feedback before making the same mistake of purchasing this poor quality equipment. Being better informed
The problems you mention have been said over and over again. I see that you complain about MER and BER, but only once. I think you're a group of people with the interest of discrediting the model. You know perfectly well that good values ​​are achieved by aligning the dish. If values ​​are not obtained within the regulations, it's a problem with its installation. That's why we usee the Finder. I haven't seen any proof that confirms your complaints, there're images posted by other users that show that it works correctly.

Kabelsalat

Post by Kabelsalat »

The finder does have many problems. I postet some here on the board.
It also seems that not all users have the same problems with the same firmware version. Maybe the hardware inside is not the same.

Concerning DVB-S(2), the finder works some way, but not really good.

With DVB-T2 there is the big problem with CN/MER showing always the same values.
viewtopic.php?p=112039#p112039

On DVB-C there sadly is no blindscan. You have to enter the parameters manually for the specific cable network.

There is need for a software update.

EricM

Post by EricM »

It is not my desire to discredit their product, after 6 months of customers pointing out problems one would expect action to be taken to resolve the issues highlighted.

If this is done all customers / owners will heap praise on the product. Inaction is the problem …..

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Most of the problems can be solved reverting to the software factory settings and only changing the data that are known. For example, a list of channels of doubtful or old origin can't make it work properly.

EricM

Post by EricM »

We are using factory settings and latest January firmware!

I have tried to be more subtle in my comments pointing out the time laps of 6 months since the only attempt to fix the known issues. So the question is simple ……. When will an update be issued to fix the problems? This month, in 6 months time or not at all? There Is no informed comment or update from anyone “genuinely in the know” just vague speculation!

The time is now for action by the manufacturers to fix it (If they can) ! If this is done the negativity will evaporate…….. but I wouldn’t bet on it from feedback to date and lack of action in over 5 months.

As they say time will tell …… over to the developers now’s your opportunity to shine and fix things.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”