Crashed after update

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

physicajr

Crashed after update

Post by physicajr »

Device crashed after updating, I put it to charge and it crashed, the lock light is blinking, sometimes the screen with the gtmedia logo appears but it restarts, the USB recovery mode appears sometimes, it appears "download" and "force upgrade" and no executes. I would like his factory firmware, because the updates installed via the recorder did not solve it. It's forgetting the tuner and hdmi a lot when turning it on.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-28 at 21.26.30.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-28 at 21.26.30.jpeg (133.75 KiB) Viewed 1349 times

Tom.w
网站管理员

Re: Crashed after update

Post by Tom.w »

physicajr wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:27 am
Device crashed after updating, I put it to charge and it crashed, the lock light is blinking, sometimes the screen with the gtmedia logo appears but it restarts, the USB recovery mode appears sometimes, it appears "download" and "force upgrade" and no executes. I would like his factory firmware, because the updates installed via the recorder did not solve it. It's forgetting the tuner and hdmi a lot when turning it on.
firstly, please make sure the battery is fully charged, then unplug the charging device.
please put the newest firmware file named flash.bin into the usb device root directory,then plug the usb device into the finder2.
then power on and press the menu key repeatly, then it will show force upgrade menu and download the firmeware.

physicajr

Post by physicajr »

Tom.w wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:53 pm
physicajr wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:27 am
firstly, please make sure the battery is fully charged, then unplug the charging device.
please put the newest firmware file named flash.bin into the usb device root directory,then plug the usb device into the finder2.
then power on and press the menu key repeatly, then it will show force upgrade menu and download the firmeware.
It can only recover with the charger connected, it does the whole process, restarts, but it keeps restarting at the logo, if I take the charger out it doesn't even show the logo image, and after a few seconds the "lock" light starts blinking. I still can't solve it, any tips?

physicajr

Post by physicajr »

Below is the youtube link with my problem

https://youtu.be/TB3UXFl3gms

memov77

Post by memov77 »

Hi,
Which firmware you upload? Which firmware you have before update?

physicajr

Post by physicajr »

memov77 wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 9:42 am
Hi,
Which firmware you upload? Which firmware you have before update?
I've tried all available updates, before the update it was on March firmware. I do not know what else to do.

memov77

Post by memov77 »

Do you upload firmware on this same pendrive? Finder was fully charged? After update maybe plug off pendrive?

physicajr

Post by physicajr »

memov77 wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 11:16 am
Do you upload firmware on this same pendrive? Finder was fully charged? After update maybe plug off pendrive?
Yes, battery tested fully charged, usb recovery done completely and no entering the system, at most the logo appears. Now it's very hot when it's on and charging, the hdmi port, in the center of the device, can't stay 5s with your finger touching it because it's very hot.

memov77

Post by memov77 »

Bad information when it`s hot :( I don`t update my meter because this is second information about problem after update.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

The battery in the Finder2 is very small and only 3.7 volts.

The current draw on this battery at startup is high and I found if the LNB was connected and had a high load it would reboot like you showed in your video due to under voltage in the circuits.

After you recover the unit as you did and it boots with the GT Media logo, try booting it with the USB stick removed to reduce load on the battery.

My unit would reboot loop if the charger was connected in 5 volt charge mode, but runs if the charger is 9 volts.
The charger that came with my Finder Pro is full time 9v, while a USB plug C type charger needs to "Talk" with the unit to ask for 9 volts, so stays in 5 volt mode until the unit is running.
Note also if you have a two outlet USB C type charger, both outputs change to 9 Volts if 9 volts is selected, so do not plug in a device that only wants 5 volts to the other output.

Over heating is a big issue and I reported this to GT Media.
The battery is 3.7 volts 5000mAh.
LNB power is rated at 500mA.
18 volts at 500mA is 9 watts. The current from the battery for that is 2.43A.
At 13 volts the battery current would be 1.76A.
The output current rating I can find for these batteries is 1c.
This 2.43 amps does not include the power used by the Finder circuits, screen and or a Wifi or USB stick.

To make this 18 volts from 3.7 volts, the units power supply is working very hard and heats very hot.
The battery only lasts 40 minutes, while the 7.2 volt twice the size battery in the finder-meter and Finder Pro last 4 hours.

I see GT Media no longer lists this item for sale on their sales site www.freesat.cc

I wish you luck in recovery.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

physicajr wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 1:26 am
Below is the youtube link with my problem

https://youtu.be/TB3UXFl3gms
Friends, you plug in the adapter and charge it for a while to see, which adapter are you using, 9V 2A or 5V 2A?
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”