GT Media V8 Finder PRO - measurement fail

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Yacek

GT Media V8 Finder PRO - measurement fail

Post by Yacek »

20220430_002255.jpg
20220430_002255.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 4302 times
The device inflates the aid measurement by some 20-25dB. With the cable disconnected, the DVB-T measurement shows MER up to 40 and signal strength up to 40.

Yacek

Re: GT Media V8 Finder PRO - measurement fail

Post by Yacek »

How does it look like with you?

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Yacek wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 4:57 pm
20220430_002255.jpgThe device inflates the aid measurement by some 20-25dB. With the cable disconnected, the DVB-T measurement shows MER up to 40 and signal strength up to 40.
It is normal to detect noise without anything connected, you must analyze the information

Yacek

Post by Yacek »

I have meters from other companies and there are no such indications there without connecting the cable.

Yacek

Post by Yacek »

Instead of 5v, the antenna is 4.6V. I hope that all these flaws can be fixed.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Hazl113 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 10:04 am
CAJE wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 10:48 am
Yacek wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 4:57 pm
20220430_002255.jpgThe device inflates the aid measurement by some 20-25dB. With the cable disconnected, the DVB-T measurement shows MER up to 40 and signal strength up to 40.
It is normal to detect noise without anything connected, you must analyze the information
Clearly this is not normal. Why other reputable such instruments do not have this phenomenon. Well because this GTMedia V8 Finder Pro is a semi-finished product. Zero point for selectivity and sensitivity. Zero points for accuracy of the measured values. Zero points for almost everything.
Dear Hazl113

Please, there is no reason to keep going bashing GTMedia even on his home forum page. We can not allow that. You are breaking all forum rules. I see you are not satisfy with a GTMedia product. You have brought all your concerns. Most people bring all their problems and GTMedia try to work those problems away. Sometimes don't. I will recommend to send your product back for a refund and stick with the product suitables to you. As you mentioned there isn't any update that can fix your problems so there is no reason to stick with a product you don't like. It is hard for us here to keep and let in you going on this. So sorry you dont like GTMedia product. Hopefully in the future a new product can be re-design with your inputs. Best wishes

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Hazl113 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:04 pm
No problem. Please write me to here where to send it and how you will pay my postage and everything else, so that other customers can read it as well. I bought it in Bangood 3 weeks ago. I'm glad about is that you acknowledge the problem what this device has. And it is not clear to me what you are writing about the rules. Are we customers not allowed to write about problems. Who knows, maybe this device is faulty, but as far as I can see a lot of us are not satisfied with it.
Hi

Seller who you buy from should honor your warranty. Any seller with less than a month (3 weeks) should accept your return. As far as postage is something you need to deal with him. If you do buy thru the GTmedia Home page for Orders then it can be workout. Forum rules are here. Take a minute and read them:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=16325

There are rules against advertizing or mentioning other brands, bashing or trashing GTMedia brand, as well as languague used to express your not satisfy at all with your product. read and follow them please, regards

gregred

Post by gregred »

If the goods are received 15-20 days ago, no one will take them. Therefore, we all waited and hoped that you would release a firmware with fix bugs... but you obviously chose something else to give a damn about people. put yourself in another person's place for a minute and then speak

mrardj

Post by mrardj »

Hi,
you can share the firmware source so that it becomes open source for example on github. There would be so many improvements by many programmers around the world and so many people happier to have the tool. It could be a solution
Regards

salah

Post by salah »

I regret buying this device :(
¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

salah

Post by salah »

Hazl113 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 7:15 pm
salah wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 5:48 pm
There are thousands and thousands of us who have regretted buying this device. That is why we must be active and write about it in as many places as possible. I will soon show on YouTube all of this and explain it in detail. GTMedia will become famous.
Yes, as you said, everyone should know...So far, no update or anything... It's a failed device. I think I will stay away from GT media products. :|
¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Hazl113 wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 4:49 pm
salah wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 1:34 am
Hazl113 wrote:
salah wrote:
There are thousands and thousands of us who have regretted buying this device. That is why we must be active and write about it in as many places as possible. I will soon show on YouTube all of this and explain it in detail. GTMedia will become famous.
Yes, as you said, everyone should know...So far, no update or anything... It's a failed device. I think I will stay away from GT media products. :|
The biggest culprit is actually us, ourselves. We want to go as cheap as possible and then decide to buy something like this, untested, untested by the manufacturer believing that the device is good and that the specifications are correct. There is a golden rule. Buy only from a proven, reputable company, and this one certainly isn't. I was wrong, I wasted $110 and it's a big school for me. Never again, and in our country more and more people are informed about this GTMEDIA. If this company cared about its reputation, it would offer us a new device, not this model, but others, new and improved ones.
You keep breaking the group rules. You must say the problem you are having to see if it is a software problem. If so, you should have returned it to the seller or see how the firmware can be fixed. Judging by what you say, it meets the technical specifications.

xmh0511

Post by xmh0511 »

Hazl113 wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 8:16 pm
And what will I write to you, when you don't understand anything and defend this company. Are you blind and don’t see what people are writing about that famous device. Totally wrong reading of all measured results and parameters in all areas (DVB/T/T2/S/ S2/C). No selectivity and sensitivity. All DVB/T/T2/C signals below 40dBuV are not measurable. One instrument of this type must, I repeat, must show all signal strengths and qualities, Is it 25dBuV,or 60dBuV. Is it MER 30 or 5. For God's sake, this is a finder, this is an instrument. You write here in some sort of device return to the seller. And I repeat here again. I should pay for shipping, and it's $40. Why don't you compare that finder with others. Show me the measured signal say about 29dBuV and MER 10. To display full information: Strength, Quality, Power, MER, BER, CN. The answer is no chance. So explain to the forum members. Why with other finders from other manufacturers it can, and this one it can't. I am waiting for your results with images. If the first device measures same signal of 50dBuV, the second 48dBuV, the third 51dBuV, why does this show 82dBuV. If the first device measures 28dBuV for the same signal, the second 27dBuV, the third 28dBuV, why this one shows nothing, or some nonsense of 65dBuV. On all these three devices, MER reads equally, but this one show nothing or some trash. And the filmware is properly installed from the GTMEDIA site, viewtopic.php?f=71&t=24577. V307. 4 months have passed and there is no new one.
When I do a complete analysis with all problems what this device has, I will send you a link to YouTube. I think I'll be done with everything in a week.
I prepare to purchase a v8 finder 2 satellite finder. I don't know whether it's sensitive or not. I also don't know how the capability of the instrument is during lookup for the weak signal. For example, if we consider a weak signal that would have its corresponding signal quality number: 5% or 10%, could such a signal be detected by the instrument and the number could be shown on the progress bar of the signal quality? I think this point is significant for me. I have watched numerous videos on youtube, and almost all of these videos didn't demonstrate the ability of the machine that captures the weak signal. I'm looking forward to your test video to show this point.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

xmh0511 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 5:48 am
Hazl113 wrote:
And what will I write to you, when you don't understand anything and defend this company. Are you blind and don’t see what people are writing about that famous device. Totally wrong reading of all measured results and parameters in all areas (DVB/T/T2/S/ S2/C). No selectivity and sensitivity. All DVB/T/T2/C signals below 40dBuV are not measurable. One instrument of this type must, I repeat, must show all signal strengths and qualities, Is it 25dBuV,or 60dBuV. Is it MER 30 or 5. For God's sake, this is a finder, this is an instrument. You write here in some sort of device return to the seller. And I repeat here again. I should pay for shipping, and it's $40. Why don't you compare that finder with others. Show me the measured signal say about 29dBuV and MER 10. To display full information: Strength, Quality, Power, MER, BER, CN. The answer is no chance. So explain to the forum members. Why with other finders from other manufacturers it can, and this one it can't. I am waiting for your results with images. If the first device measures same signal of 50dBuV, the second 48dBuV, the third 51dBuV, why does this show 82dBuV. If the first device measures 28dBuV for the same signal, the second 27dBuV, the third 28dBuV, why this one shows nothing, or some nonsense of 65dBuV. On all these three devices, MER reads equally, but this one show nothing or some trash. And the filmware is properly installed from the GTMEDIA site, viewtopic.php?f=71&t=24577. V307. 4 months have passed and there is no new one.
When I do a complete analysis with all problems what this device has, I will send you a link to YouTube. I think I'll be done with everything in a week.
I prepare to purchase a v8 finder 2 satellite finder. I don't know whether it's sensitive or not. I also don't know how the capability of the instrument is during lookup for the weak signal. For example, if we consider a weak signal that would have its corresponding signal quality number: 5% or 10%, could such a signal be detected by the instrument and the number could be shown on the progress bar of the signal quality? I think this point is significant for me. I have watched numerous videos on youtube, and almost all of these videos didn't demonstrate the ability of the machine that captures the weak signal. I'm looking forward to your test video to show this point.
Good choice, it will meet your expectations
The technical team has reviewed the parameters in case there was an error.

salah

Post by salah »

CAJE wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 7:05 pm
Hazl113 wrote:
salah wrote:
Hazl113 wrote:
salah wrote:
The biggest culprit is actually us, ourselves. We want to go as cheap as possible and then decide to buy something like this, untested, untested by the manufacturer believing that the device is good and that the specifications are correct. There is a golden rule. Buy only from a proven, reputable company, and this one certainly isn't. I was wrong, I wasted $110 and it's a big school for me. Never again, and in our country more and more people are informed about this GTMEDIA. If this company cared about its reputation, it would offer us a new device, not this model, but others, new and improved ones.
You keep breaking the group rules. You must say the problem you are having to see if it is a software problem. If so, you should have returned it to the seller or see how the firmware can be fixed. Judging by what you say, it meets the technical specifications.
Yes, unfortunately, we were deceived by this device. I thought it would be the best device, but I was disappointed....The quality indicator is very bad....it only knows 0%...05%..85%...etc a lot of problems and so far there is no update I hope the device is fixed with updates if possible.
Last edited by salah on Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

xmh0511

Post by xmh0511 »

CAJE wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 6:04 pm
xmh0511 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 5:48 am
Hazl113 wrote:
Good choice, it will meet your expectations
The technical team has reviewed the parameters in case there was an error.
Are you sure the quality of 5% can be reported in the signal quality progress bar of v8 finder 2? If you're not sure 5% can, what's the minimum number it can detect or can be reported?

xmh0511

Post by xmh0511 »

salah wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:42 am
CAJE wrote:
Hazl113 wrote:
salah wrote:
Hazl113 wrote:
salah wrote:
Yes, unfortunately, we were deceived by this device. I thought it would be the best device, but I was disappointed....The signal indicator is very bad....it only knows 0%...05%..85%...etc a lot of problems and so far there is no update I hope the device is fixed with updates if possible.
I am only concerned whether the satellite finder product designed by GTmedia can gradually/smoothly/linearly indicate the signal quality accompanied with we're moving the dish rather than the quality indicator is either 0% or the state where the signal is locked. From the experience of Gtmedia v8 bt03, it performs the same as what the aforementioned said. Another thing is whether v8 finder 2/pro has the ability to detect the weak signal.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

xmh0511 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:15 am
salah wrote:
CAJE wrote:
Hazl113 wrote:
salah wrote:
Hazl113 wrote:
salah wrote:
Yes, unfortunately, we were deceived by this device. I thought it would be the best device, but I was disappointed....The signal indicator is very bad....it only knows 0%...05%..85%...etc a lot of problems and so far there is no update I hope the device is fixed with updates if possible.
I am only concerned whether the satellite finder product designed by GTmedia can gradually/smoothly/linearly indicate the signal quality accompanied with we're moving the dish rather than the quality indicator is either 0% or the state where the signal is locked. From the experience of Gtmedia v8 bt03, it performs the same as what the aforementioned said. Another thing is whether v8 finder 2/pro has the ability to detect the weak signal.
The percentage % is not looked at, you have to observe the PWR, BER, MER and C/N that the data is within the regulations of the country, if you do not get good data there is a problem in the installation

xmh0511

Post by xmh0511 »

CAJE wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:10 am
xmh0511 wrote:
salah wrote:
CAJE wrote:
Hazl113 wrote:
salah wrote:
Hazl113 wrote:
salah wrote:
The percentage % is not looked at, you have to observe the PWR, BER, MER and C/N that the data is within the regulations of the country, if you do not get good data there is a problem in the installation

This usage is different from the instrument I used to use. The instrument indicates the signal through the signal quality. During the process of adjusting the dish, if the number of the signal quality progress bar is 5% or 10%, it implies I am adjusting the dish in the right direction, just have not yet accurately aligned the satellite, further adjust azimuth, elevation, or LNB skew would make the quality increase. In another case, the quality number still remains 10%, or lower or hight number, without being locked if all adjustments are completed, this implies the satellite may not have strong coverage in the position. I don't know how will v8 finder 2 reflect these statuses through PWR, BER, MER and so on, as you said, could you interpret it or give an example?

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

for DVB-S data measured in the final shot
PWR 47dBμV to [113bBμV (Headboard)] ideal >80dBμV
BER 1,0E-O4 to 0.0E-00 ideal 1.0E-09, The best is 0.0E-00 (no error)
MER >8 ideal >12dB
C/N >11 ideal >12dB

For DVB-T the data is different
Attachments
1654068444305.jpg
1654068444305.jpg (340 KiB) Viewed 3579 times

salah

Post by salah »

CAJE wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:10 am
xmh0511 wrote:
salah wrote:
CAJE wrote:
Hazl113 wrote:
salah wrote:
Hazl113 wrote:
salah wrote:
If they put a quality indicator like GT media V8 meter, the device will be better
Last edited by salah on Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

You already have it two ways, the PWR and the more constant beep

xmh0511

Post by xmh0511 »

CAJE wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:28 pm
In simple, what does "PWR" correspond to? Does it correspond to the signal quality or strength? As well, what does "MER" correspond to?

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

xmh0511 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:51 am
CAJE wrote:
In simple, what does "PWR" correspond to? Does it correspond to the signal quality or strength? As well, what does "MER" correspond to?
PWR : measure of power of a digital signal in the bandwidth
MER: represents the ratio between the average power of the digital signal and the average power of the noise present in the signal constellation.
DVB-S2, QPSK, FEC = 9/10
DVB-S2, 8 PSK, FEC = 2/3
7dB

signal quality or strength are other data that are not important in a Finder, the most important is the MER although PWR is slightly lower

xmh0511

Post by xmh0511 »

CAJE wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:40 am
xmh0511 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:51 am
CAJE wrote:
PWR : measure of power of a digital signal in the bandwidth
MER: represents the ratio between the average power of the digital signal and the average power of the noise present in the signal constellation.
DVB-S2, QPSK, FEC = 9/10
DVB-S2, 8 PSK, FEC = 2/3
7dB

signal quality or strength are other data that are not important in a Finder, the most important is the MER although PWR is slightly lower

Could it construe "PWR" as signal strength, and "MER", in certain sense, means signal quality? What's the difference between "MER" and "C/N"? Whose number is more suitable to denote signal quality?

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”