GT Media Finder 2 sat list order and more.

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Cluster.One

GT Media Finder 2 sat list order and more.

Post by Cluster.One »

Hello everybody

I bought V8 Finder 2 not because I really needed it but "to play with it a bit", for what I paid for it is a nice little device.

The initial judgment is positive, the only flaw but thing was declared, it does not display H.265 HEVC even if the channels are regularly stored, for the rest it tunes everything like V8X ...

Among the little things that should be fixed, in my opinion one is the list of scanned satellites which in turn contains the stored programs.
I am not referring to the satellite list of database, but the list that is created by scanning the various satellites, the scanned satellites are not sequenced according to their east-west orbital position but are put in order in the sequence in which they were scanned...

Let me give an example: I have scanned these 6 satellites with this sequence:

1 Hellas Sat 39°E
2 Hot Bird 13°E
3 Express AM8 14°W
4 ABS 2A 75°E
5 Intelsat 901 27.5°W
6 Eutelsat 5WB 5°W

and with this sequence they are listed on the V8 finder pressing the SAT button.

Instead, I would like them to be automatically listed in order of orbital position like this:

1 ABS 2A 75°E
2 Hellas Sat 39°E
3 Hot Bird 13°E
4 Eutelsat 5WB 5°W
5 Express AM8 14°W
6 Intelsat 901 27.5°W

In the beginning GT Media V8X behaved the same way but then this was corrected and now it automatically puts them in order of orbital position, is it possible to do this also on V8 Finder2 with a new firmware?

One more thing, the yellow or red display bar is not displayed in a single sharp color but is "broken in half" deep yellow in upper part and darker in lower part, it is not important, even if I think it is a defect and not a which is intended, but if you can make it appear in a solid color it would be nicer.

I forgot another important thing! Make it possible open User DB and User DB & System Data files in DB Editor!

Thanks for your attention.

Greetings.
Attachments
Tre.jpg
Tre.jpg (83.1 KiB) Viewed 863 times
Due.jpg
Due.jpg (109.35 KiB) Viewed 863 times
Uno.jpg
Uno.jpg (57.47 KiB) Viewed 863 times

Tom.w
网站管理员

Re: GT Media Finder 2 sat list order and more.

Post by Tom.w »

Thank you very much for your feedback.
we will fix these issues.

Cluster.One

Post by Cluster.One »

Thank you very much for considering my requests.

memov77

Post by memov77 »

Tom.w wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:49 am
Thank you very much for your feedback.
we will fix these issues.
When will bugs on previous devices be fixed? Are you not releasing new devices too quickly instead of refining the old ones? V8 Finder, V8 Finder v2 and V8 Finder pro?
I forgot another important thing! Make it possible open User DB and User DB & System Data files in DB Editor!
When will the program for editing the database and satellite list from pc be available? Since the previous V8 Finder does not work and it is very useful.

How much memory does this meter have? Because when saving channels from 2 satellites, the memory shows full as if it could save 1000 channels or something like that.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”