battery lithium gt media v8 finder 2

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

zeviado2022

battery lithium gt media v8 finder 2

Post by zeviado2022 »

Good afternoon, I would like to ask a question about the lithium battery of the gt media v8 finder 2.
When removing the battery to change a new one, the device does not turn on, it is turned off as if it had no battery.
it only recognizes the battery again when the usb-c charger is connected.
I wonder if this can be fixed in an update or if it is a defect of my gt media v8 finder 2.
thanks for your attention.....

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: battery lithium gt media v8 finder 2

Post by Feralkiwi »

The finders all shut off when low battery voltage is detected to protect the battery.
The charger is then needed to restore use.

Note also that I thlnk the finders use some battery power when Off.
I have found I need to recharge un used finders every few months to prevent battery distruction.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

zeviado2022

Post by zeviado2022 »

so the device system thinks that when removing the battery for replacement, that it is discharged, and keeps this information keeping the device off even with the placement of the new battery, until the usb-c charger is inserted, and only in this moment it again recognizes that it has a new and charged battery.
would it be this.
grateful for your attention.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes.
The unit thinks the battery is flat and holds that until it detects the charger to recharge it.
It would seam that it does not do a battery voltage check again.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

zeviado2022

Post by zeviado2022 »

Your explanation was clear, cleared my doubts.
thanks for your attention.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”