LNB voltage cut off and some problems

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

memov77

LNB voltage cut off and some problems

Post by memov77 »

Hi,
I noticed a small flaw in the newest and older soft cars in V8 Finder 2 (green). Sometimes I connect an external signal source to the AV input and at the same time the meter gives voltage to the LNB unnecessarily consuming energy and heating the connector at the same time. I do not remember if the tip was also heating up in previous versions, but it would be useful to turn off the LNB power supply either automatically, or so that it could be done from the menu level. Because when the external source is given to the AV input, the image appears on the meter from an external source and when HDMI is additionally connected to the TV, the menu from the meter appears on the TV, thanks to which you can use both DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 / C from the external sources. I think that it would be best to make an option in the menu to manually turn off the LNB power or to deactivate itself after 5 minutes from the lack of signal quality, etc. In addition, I noticed that when you set the Polish language, it does not save channels, i.e. the meter freezes on the screen, I save channels and you have to restart it manually. Channels remembers. This is the case with the first and last version of the FW from 22/06/2022.

Best Regards

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: LNB voltage cut off and some problems

Post by Feralkiwi »

There is a LNB power setting for each satellite.

Menu / Installation and the options are, Auto, V, H, Off.

This is just for the selected satellite.

Sadly there is not general LNB power OFF option, if you set off on the current select satellite the LNB power will be off.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

memov77

Re: LNB voltage cut off and some problems

Post by memov77 »

I completely forgot about this option, it actually works, but some residual voltage remains because the normal analges meter shows. There is always a way out.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”