Trying to receive Intelsat 901 (27,5w)

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

statequieta

Trying to receive Intelsat 901 (27,5w)

Post by statequieta »

I'm trying to receive the BBC Satback channels over Intelsat at 27,5ºw. In Spain is easy to do so because the footprint indicates that 60cm is enough. However, and due to the characteristics of the channels (strange vpids, data channels?) I am strugling to receive any signal using my gtmedia finder v8. Is it because I have to create the satellite with some special data? (27,5ºw not included in the default list of satellites) Or is it because the finder is not able to receive these channels? (BISS encryption).

I know the finder v8 won't be able to open them, but I just want to detect signal so I can align the antenna.

If anybody has ever used the finder to detect signal from this satellite, it would be much appreciate it to get confirmation that it works with those channels.

Thanks!

Cluster.One

Re: Trying to receive Intelsat 901 (27,5w)

Post by Cluster.One »

Hi, my V8 Finder 2 (the green one) in blindscan tunes all BBC Satback channels from Intelsat 901 at 27.5 ° W and also shows them, now I do not remember if I also connected USB Wi-Fi to see them (only the first time) or there was no need, now there is no need.

Which V8 finder are you referring to?

I think even the "old" V8 Finder meter is capable of doing this.

If this is not possible, but it is possible to download the channel settings on USB pendrive and edit them separately and then reload them, you can try to manually enter with the editor by copying this data.
Attachments
Finder 2.png
Finder 2.png (358.48 KiB) Viewed 778 times
Cattura.JPG
Cattura.JPG (240.57 KiB) Viewed 781 times

statequieta

Post by statequieta »

Hi! Thanks for the answer.

It is the old version of v8 (bought in 2021). Let’s see if someone can confirm it is capable of receiving the signal or not.

statequieta

Post by statequieta »

Just to confirm that GTMEDIA V8 can receive those channels, at least the signal of it (11495V).

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”