GTMedia V8 Finder 2 - New User

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Rich209

GTMedia V8 Finder 2 - New User

Post by Rich209 »

Hello again,

As some may know, I am new to this forum & GTMedia products. I recently purchased a V8 Finder 2 & have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone would be able to help me with.

1. The current S/W version is 4.2.84.9.456 (18/05/2022). I know there is an update to 457. I am planning on updating to 457, but am wondering is it would be better to upgrade to Mars (if compatible). However, I can't seem to figure out how to perform updates/upgrades. I have downloaded the necessary files, unzipped them and connected the device to my PC via USB cable. When I go to USB Upgrade, I get a message saying "No device". Could someone please educate me on how to do updates/upgrades & any additional tools I may need?

2. Looking at the satelite list loaded on the device when I purchased it, I don't see the satelites I need. I am a Dish Network user with a 1000.2 Western Arc set up. I need to add the Dish 110, 119 & 129 satelites. Can anyone point me to a location where I can obtain the necessary parameters i.e. frequencies, etc. so I can add them to my sat list? I am struggling to find the correct settings. I have tried a couple of sat finder/pointer apps, installation material from Dish, etc., but no results. I found they have contained differing information, one source indicated the Azimuth is 169 degress, another 177 degress, and yet another 154 degrees. Just this alone makes it difficult to trust any of these sources for correct information.

Many thanks for helpiing to educate me...
Rich Allan
Modesto CA USA

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GTMedia V8 Finder 2 - New User

Post by Feralkiwi »

First the GT Media software on this site can only be used for the unit it is made for.
The Mars is ONLY for the V8X.
Finder 2 for Finder 2.
V7 Pro for V8 Pro etc.

To upgrade you place the unpacked software on a USB and plug that into the Finder.
Then Menu and USB Upgrade. Note any channel list will be lost.

As for satellite not on the list, just ADD the ones you need and blind scan in the TP's / channels.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Rich209

Re: GTMedia V8 Finder 2 - New User

Post by Rich209 »

Thank you very much for educating me. I will use your feedback shortly.
Rich Allan
Modesto CA USA

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”