GTMedia V8 Finder 2 - LNB Freq's & Transponder Info

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Rich209

GTMedia V8 Finder 2 - LNB Freq's & Transponder Info

Post by Rich209 »

Hello, it's the new guy again...

When attempting to add a satelite (EchoStar 14 - 119 degrees W), I looked at the list of available LNB frequencies. It does not contain the correct frequency for my Dish 1000.2 LNBs which is 12250Mhz-12500Mhz. How do I update this list or force the frequency? Because of not having the correct frequency range, I'm also not able to add a transponder. I located a site (LyngSat) which provides data for EchoStar 14, but being really new to this, I don't fully understand the acronyms they use in their info tables, so is there a dictionary of terms &/or acronyms I could use as part of my education?

FYI - I read that when adding a satelite, not setting the correct Satelite/LNB frequency could cause additional problems/issues. Is this true? Or, will performing a Blind Scan take care of things?

Many thanks,
Rich
Rich Allan
Modesto CA USA

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GTMedia V8 Finder 2 - LNB Freq's & Transponder Info

Post by Feralkiwi »

The LNB frequency is use to calculate the frequency of the signal on the IF frequencies,
The IF frequencies are 950-2400MHz.
If you have the incorrect frequency for the LNB it will not make any big issue, other than the reported frequencies in the info window etc will not be correct as / the same as the lists you found on Lyngsat.

"1000.2 LNBs" is a very odd frequency for any LNB?
Are you sure that is correct.
You can use any LNB frequency and "Blind" scan in the TP's channels. The frequencies will be incorrect if the LNB frequency is not set correctly.

No other issue or harm will result but you will not be able to manually enter TP' unless you find what number to add or subtract from a known frequency to add with the blind scan TP's.

Check your LNB as 1000.2 does not sound correct.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”