GT Media V8 Finder 2 - Save preferred Sat and Transponder

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Mike G Aus

GT Media V8 Finder 2 - Save preferred Sat and Transponder

Post by Mike G Aus »

First time user here. I've read the Manual and watched the video, but I still can't find a way to save the only Satellite I want to use.

EVERY time I switch power on, I have to step through all the Satellites to get up to the only one I'm interested in at 156 E. It still shows with a Tick in the list from the last time I used it

When I change to Installation, or Spectrum or Calculate, I again have to step through all the Satellites.

Is there a way to save the Satellite (it does show with tick) and Transponder (it does show with tick) so I can recall them quickly.

To be User-friendly, I assumed it would just start up set to the last Sat and Transp I used when I turned it off.

Thanks

Mike in Australia

Tom.w
网站管理员

Re: GT Media V8 Finder 2 - Save preferred Sat and Transponder

Post by Tom.w »

got it.
we will check and fix it.
And do you have any other issues?

Mike G Aus

Post by Mike G Aus »

Thanks for the quick response.

When I get to use it to line up on the actual Sat. I most probably will have more questions !

Mike

Mike G Aus

Post by Mike G Aus »

The S/W version is V4.2.84.9.455

If it can't remember the Sat to start up on it, I thought I would be able to directly to that Sat by using the keypad to type in its number in the list.

Mike

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

You can delete all the other sats you do not use and leave only the few you want.
If you require them back in the future you can add and blind scan them in.

It does take some time to delete them, but it helps a lot.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Mike G Aus

Post by Mike G Aus »

Hi Feralkiwi

Thanks for making a helpful suggestion on how to get around the user-unfriendly design of this instrument.

I thought by buying Version 2, I would get an instrument where they have eliminated the bugs from the first release.

I can't believe that an installer working in our part of the world has to waste minutes, EVERY TIME HE WANTS TO ALIGN OR CHECK AN INSTALLATION, by having to scroll down through all the satellites to get to ones at 152E or 156E !

Since it hasn't been done by now, I guess I can give up all hope of it being fixed in the next software update.

I guess Tom.w actually works for GT Media, so it's disappointing there has been no further response from him

Mike

cytl1d

Post by cytl1d »

How do u edit satelite db files for V8 finder2? None of sofware apps in DL section work for finder2. Where is missing software app for Finder2?

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”