How to add DirecTV satellite for finetuning the dish alignment?

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

bobbybadboy

How to add DirecTV satellite for finetuning the dish alignment?

Post by bobbybadboy »

Hello I have a DirecTV satellite but it looks like the guy that installed it did not align it perfectly, or maybe the heavy satellite settled into the wooden base and moved a bit. I need to fine-tune the alignment or repoint it at the DirecTV satellite.

I need to know if all DirecTV satellites are created equal or if there is one that is better than the others? and do all DirecTV satellites support HD? If not, which ones do? Or, How can I know which ones do?

How can i get the precise coordinates so that I can upload them into the V8 Finder?

Wikipedia says that there is a new one called T16 Ariane 5 EuroStar E3000, it looks like this one is very new and probably the best one. It also says "Orbital slot 101.1W"

Is this enough information to put into the V8 finder? and/or how do i get the more detailed coordinates?

Thanks

STRETCH

Re: How to add DirecTV satellite for finetuning the dish alignment?

Post by STRETCH »

Have a look at (dishpointer), put in the details of the satellite required and your post code, when the information comes up, put the (X) to where your dish is, you will then be able to see what adjustments may have to be made.

Den

bobbybadboy

Post by bobbybadboy »

hello,

Is "more LNB" = better? If I have a direct TV satellite with 3 pointy things in the middle do I have to pick the 3 LNB satellite from the drop-down list? or can I pick the 5-LNB satellite from the dropdown list from the website you mentioned?

Also, once I have my satellite picked correctly from this website, can I still use my V8 Finder to assist me during lining it up? Can I add this custom satellite to the finder? or is this website only for manual alignment with just the wrench and "good luck with the rest" type of thing.

I have the V8 Finder but I am still not sure how to use it or what the whole point of it is. for a moment I was not sure if this thing is only for free TV or if it can be used for paid services like DirecTV, which is what I am interested in.

At the moment I am in the process of attempting to flash it with the latest firmware on this website, but I have not yet climbed up on the roof of the house, I would like to get a better idea of how this will all work out before I start going up there.

So, overall, I want to know if I have selected the "correct" or "best" (reliable HD signal) satellite, and if I can use my V8 Finder to help assist me doing the finetuning.

Just a very quick type of work flow so i know what to look for on the internet and what to read about, I am not trying to learn all the engineering behind LNBs, just need to know what works with what. Any ideas?

Thanks

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I would think finder can be plugged in to the cable to the LNB in the house in place of the direct TV box.

I am not sure of Direct Tv triple LNB's but try settings in the antenna settings for each satellite like LNB=9750/10600 and select one of the DiSEqC 1.0 settings for each satellite, port one or port two etc.
Then do a blind scan. You will see what you get for each change of setting and you can always delete anything that you do not what or you find incorrect.
The FTA or scrambled will depend on what finder you have.
The Finder Pro does $$$ TV, but only BISS and powervu, or Ccam. The other will just show the channels as $$$, but you can still use them for adjustments of the best signal.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Most of Direct TV satellites used DSS and Ka band LNB

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”