Gt Media V8 Pro LNB settings unicable

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Maggi007

Gt Media V8 Pro LNB settings unicable

Post by Maggi007 »

After activating the uncible mode, a factory setting must always be carried out when returning to a standard LNB. Latest software S/W 321 from 08/29/2022. When resetting in the satellite settings, the Universal LNB 9750-10600 is saved and displayed, but the unicable setting still remains in the background on the device itself. The unicable reception remains activated despite the LNB change. Unfortunately, a restart does not change anything and only a factory reset helps and thus all settings and channel lists are always lost. Unfortunately very annoying!!!

CAJE
网站管理员

Re: Gt Media V8 Pro LNB settings unicable

Post by CAJE »

You should never put the factory values ​​unless you've messed it up so much that you don't know how to put it right
To make the Unicable option work, you necessarily need a Unicable LNB that can be for 32 users, where you will put the frequency that corresponds to you per user, the designation comes in the box for each user, the normal thing is that you have a Universal LNB 9750-10600 are the correct parameters

Maggi007

Post by Maggi007 »

Unfortunately you got it wrong. Finder is of course used on a unicable LNB. But when you switch to the measurement on a universal LNB in ​​the satellite settings (then of course not on a unicable LNB), the error occurs and only a factory reset helps to measure a universal LNB again. After the reset it works again!

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

It should not happen, change from Universal to Unicable you have to restart the Finder

Maggi007

Post by Maggi007 »

Sorry, that's not true after changing from Universal LNB to unicable, the Finder locks in without restarting and the TV signal is then present. But again, you misunderstood me again. The error occurs when switching from Unicable back to Universal. Finder then no longer receives a signal after switching uncable to universal and then has unlock. Then nothing helps, even restarts and only after resetting to the factory settings does it work again. Finder then has a signal again on Universal and loks in.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

I suppose that you will not use a list of channels, after a blind search, I would do is create a satellite for universal and another for unicable, so it is impossible to be blocked

Alessandro_Micina

Post by Alessandro_Micina »

hi to me too the same defect occurs is very annoying
setting UNICABLE on unicable LNB ok output but then returning to UNIVERSAL universal lnb no longer locks channels even on correct universal SAT setting.
By setting UNIVERSAL the signal level is good and white in color but the quality level is non-existent on any frequency.
It is necessary to reload the channels from a USB key. When installing the antenna it is very unpleasant.
If possible, fix this very annoying bug !!

Alessandro_Micina

Post by Alessandro_Micina »

Hello, I temporarily solved it with the addition of a new satellite called "UNI" by me and set as "UNICABLE". By tuning in, I add other channels in "UNICABLE" mode, leaving the pre-stored list of the HOTBIRD 13 EST satellite in "UNIVERSAL" mode unchanged and functioning
When I have to test a type of implant eg. from "UNIVERSAL" to "UNICABLE" system, just select the instrument's SAT button (TERRESTRIAL, UNI, HOTBIRD) from the sat list and everything works.
I hope I was helpful...

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Maggi007 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:12 pm
Sorry, that's not true after changing from Universal LNB to unicable, the Finder locks in without restarting and the TV signal is then present. But again, you misunderstood me again. The error occurs when switching from Unicable back to Universal. Finder then no longer receives a signal after switching uncable to universal and then has unlock. Then nothing helps, even restarts and only after resetting to the factory settings does it work again. Finder then has a signal again on Universal and loks in.
Yes you are correct!

I changed my V8Pro finder from LNB of 10750 to unicable, exit and Yes.
Then back and set for 9750/10600 and exit and yes.
I then re enter the menu and do a blind scan.
With a tone type finder in the LNB cable I see that the 22kHz is on off on off continuously and also the V H V H is changing from 13v to 18v continuously as well. Note these are seen on the tone type finder, not the V8Pro units.
I can set for 10750- standard LNB again and normal scan is done, But there I find there is now no selection for "AUTO" in the polarity setting, just H and V only.

It does seem that as Maggi007 has reported using unicable setting in the LNB frequency does destroy the normal function of any setting used there after.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Maggi007

Post by Maggi007 »

First of all thanks, it's definitely a bug in the software. Every cheap satellite receiver I know makes this change without any problems, then a measuring device, which is often used in different reception systems, must also be able to do this.

Maggi007

Post by Maggi007 »

I now have the following workaround. After a Universal Blid scan, save the user DB to a USB stick. Then switch to Unicable when you switch back to Universal, read in the user DB from the USB stick and receive Universal again after a restart.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes that will fix it as the issue is with a corrupted user file in the unit.
It may be that as they have made changes to the user file format over software versions, they missed some setting in unicable that when used corrupts the file in the unit.

Owen

Sent PM to Lining on this.
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:18 pm
Yes that will fix it as the issue is with a corrupted user file in the unit.
It may be that as they have made changes to the user file format over software versions, they missed some setting in unicable that when used corrupts the file in the unit.

Owen

Sent PM to Lining on this.
Ok, let's check this problem
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”