New user HELP!

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Rlodin

New user HELP!

Post by Rlodin »

Ok, I just received a V8 Finder 2 from Amazon today. I’m trying to setup my Dish Network satellite dish but being a total novice I am LOST. I’m looking for either a clear and concise written step by step or a video (something a lay person could understand). So far all I have found is jargon that a experienced person would know.

Also the reason I purchased this particular one is the reviews stated that all US satellites were preloaded. I think I may have found one, maybe two echostar satellites.

Bottom line - HELP!!!

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: New user HELP!

Post by cpr43 »

Rlodin wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:47 pm
Ok, I just received a V8 Finder 2 from Amazon today. I’m trying to setup my Dish Network satellite dish but being a total novice I am LOST. I’m looking for either a clear and concise written step by step or a video (something a lay person could understand). So far all I have found is jargon that a experienced person would know.

Also the reason I purchased this particular one is the reviews stated that all US satellites were preloaded. I think I may have found one, maybe two echostar satellites.

Bottom line - HELP!!!
This provider used a private signal called Turbo 8PSK (Frequencies ending in 21500). There are still a few frequencies that the regular Finder such as the V8 Finder can lock or see (Freuqncies ending in 20000). In order to do that you will need to have a Dish LNB type 11250 on your dish plate

Rlodin

Post by Rlodin »

So what you are saying in so many words is that the Finder 2 probably isn’t a good option to set my dish up. I travel so I am constantly taking my dish down and resetting it up in different locations.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Rlodin wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:28 pm
So what you are saying in so many words is that the Finder 2 probably isn’t a good option to set my dish up. I travel so I am constantly taking my dish down and resetting it up in different locations.
You can use your finder for almost all satellites out there. It is only this provider that use a different signal. I do not know if there is a commercial finder in the market for Turbo 8PSK signal. I guess you don't have their legal services? If so they set your dish back for free.

Like mentioned before I guess there are still some NON Turbo 8psk frequencies that you can use with your regular finder. You will need to have a LNB 11250 for this provider.

Rlodin

Post by Rlodin »

Yes I do have and pay for the service. However in most instances Dish is 2-3 weeks out on service calls (at least my experience) and I try to be a self sufficient type of person. All that being said I have already arranged for Amazon to return the meter as it doesn’t work for my application. It would be nice if you would put a disclaimer in your product description that this meter will NOT work on Dish Network. As for the other functions of the meter I had no interest, only interest I had was for aligning the dish quickly.

Satman22?

Post by Satman22? »

I’m having the same problem finding signal with this device, I have dish network too, on the other hand is there a way to test LNB with v8 pro?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Satman22? wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:08 pm
I’m having the same problem finding signal with this device, I have dish network too, on the other hand is there a way to test LNB with v8 pro?
Yes you can use the V8 Pro unit to test if the LNB is working.
Remember to set the DiSEqC switch setting as needed for your dish network.
You then set a good known strong TP in the V8 Pro and watch for the signal level to come up.
You will need to move the dish very slowly.
If your V8 Pro has a channel scanned in for the sat you are setting the dish for, use that and turn the volume on the TV up so you can hear it outside, or use two phones to listen. That how I use to set dishes before I had a tone type finder, and then later the finder-meters.

I too have had some issues with the finder 2 and DiSEqC switching not switching correctly.
If you have a tone type finder, the ones with the moving needle, put one of those in the LNB cable so you can see what is happening, 22kHz on etc. You will see the 22kHz LEDs flash as the switch commands are sent.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”