gt media v8 finder

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

antonio spinetti

gt media v8 finder

Post by antonio spinetti »

Good morning everyone ,
I have a problem with a GTMEDIA V8 stafinder. Sw v105.5.163 It has always worked very well, suddenly it no longer detects signals on astra or hotbird. I state that I tried to reset the default data, and downgrade to the previous release, with negative results. I have the wiring diagram to carry out the measurements.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Antonio Spinetti

Buongiorno a tutti ,
ho un problema con un stafinder GTMEDIA V8. Sw v105.5.163 Ha sempre funzionato egregiamente,all'improviso non rileva più i segnali ne su astra,ne su hotbird.Premetto che ho provato ad eseguire il reset dei dati di default,e il downgrade alla release precedente,con esito negativo.non sono in possesso dello schema elettrico per eseguire delle misure.
ringrazio anticipatamente chi mi darà un aiuto.

Antonio Spinetti
Attachments
IMG_20221220_081103.jpg
IMG_20221220_081103.jpg (3.74 MiB) Viewed 1217 times
IMG_20221220_081101.jpg
IMG_20221220_081101.jpg (2.99 MiB) Viewed 1217 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: gt media v8 finder

Post by Feralkiwi »

Have you got the correct setting for your dish set in the antenna setting menu?
After update your channel list is removed, along with your settings.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

antonio spinetti

hi Feralkiwi, thanks for the reply. The instrument settings are correct, also the supply voltages on the lnb. I also have the same problem with hot bird. I suspect a taste on the tuner, because the signal always remains on 46%, and the quality on 30%, but having no wiring diagrams it is difficult to make a diagnosis.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I see in the pics that the battery is low, try after a charge.

Are you using a switch? 22kHz / DiSEqC / USALS Motor?
Are these signals on the lower band with a universal LNB.
I had issues with the earlier green Finder2.
The low battery capacity would mean there can be noise on the LNB cable that looks like 22kHz.
If you are using a universal LNB 9750/10600, try looking at the upper band, 10600 and 22kHz ON.

If you are using a USALS motor, it may be that the motor is tripping the over current.

Can you test on any other satellite / dish setup?
If you have a tone type finder that goes in the LNB cable and shows the V H 22kHz on off etc, does that work when the cable is connected to the LNB?

If you have a satellite frequency splitter, try that to another set top box with the finder on another splitter output with the LNB power set to OFF in the finder menus.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

antonio spinetti

Hi Owen,
I tried with the battery charged, and with the power supply connected, but nothing changed. I'm not using a 22kHz Motor / DiSEqC / USALS switch, I'm using a universal lnb. I ran the tests you suggested, without solving the problem. I state that the dish is regularly aimed at astra 19.2E, with the decoder I can see all the channels. I suspect a fault with the gtmedia v8 satfinder. Is there an assistance centre, or is it possible to buy only the card?
Thank you

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The cost of shipping etc would make a card as costly as a new unit.

Have you opened the unit and looked inside the receiver metal box?

Another user had a chip burn out there.

Owen

antonio spinetti

Hi Owen, I figured the cost of the card would cost as much as the instrument. the tuner of my satfinder is different, compared to that of the user who has a burnt chip, I opened the metal cover and apparently it has no burns.
I will buy a new gtmedia satfinder.
Thanks good evening.
Antonio Spinetti

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”