short circuit protection

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

in3izq Danylo

short circuit protection

Post by in3izq Danylo »

good evening, I was doing some tests with the newly arrived V8 sat finder. the short circuit protection message comes out and I no longer receive anything. Is there a protection fuse or is the device damaged? I await your message. thanks and regards danilo

CAJE
网站管理员

Re: short circuit protection

Post by CAJE »

You will have to check the installation or connectors that have a short circuit

in3izq Danylo

short circuit protection

Post by in3izq Danylo »

i managed to scan hot bird channels once. If I attach a receiver I have satellite reception, but if I connect to finder, it doesn't detect anything - furthermore the F connector to which I connect the dish is quite hot. maybe is damaged ?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: short circuit protection

Post by Feralkiwi »

There was a software update to fix the short circuit message report at one time.

There is no fuse, the system just shuts down the LNB connection for a moment and then tries again.

What model of finder do you have?
Do you jus have a LNB connected or do you have a switch or USALS motor?

The F connector is sort of used as a heat sink for the receiver unit, so it does get a little warm.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”