GT MEDIA V8 FINDER PRO BER problem

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

cadrys

GT MEDIA V8 FINDER PRO BER problem

Post by cadrys »

Hello everybody. I just bought this V8 Finder Pro and am testing it. I notice a rather serious problem, namely: the BER indication is blocked and always indicates 1.0E-09. The device has just arrived and I think it has the latest firmware. I'm looking around the forum and see that it's a known issue. Are there any solutions? I know it's not a professional device and I don't expect precise measurements but the BER measurement is important. Can this problem be solved?Image

CAJE
网站管理员

Re: GT MEDIA V8 FINDER PRO BER problem

Post by CAJE »

He is telling you that the BER is correct, for a good alignment the most important thing is the MER which varies according to the FEC, you should get a number much higher than 8, 8 is the minimum and it will give you problemas por ejemplo yes it's raining

cadrys

Post by cadrys »

Excuse me but is it normal that it always shows me the same value with any signal whether it is very weak or strong? 1.0E-09
I currently use it in DVB-T

A piece of advice to engineers for the next firmware: in the info inserted in addition to the frequency there is now also the frequency channel

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

cadrys wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:04 pm
Excuse me but is it normal that it always shows me the same value with any signal whether it is very weak or strong? 1.0E-09
A piece of advice to engineers for the next firmware: in the info inserted in addition to the frequency there is now also the frequency channel
It's clear that it's not normal and I'm absolutely surprised that you bought that device when so much is written about how all the measured values are not accurate, but abnormally inaccurate, especially on DVB-T/T2 measurement. Even one forum member here offers to solve it programmatically, but they don't want to hear it. And you know why? Because that would admit the problems and their ignorance. Regardless of the fact that it is not a professional instrument, it must, it simply must measure at least approximate values. It's a shame that it doesn't recognize signal strengths below 34dBuV on DVB-T/T2. On the contrary, it displays such signals according to its own logic of 72-85dBuV. I never got an answer from them why it cannot measure signals that are not "Locked". It doesn't matter if it's DVB-S/S2/C/T/T2. Let's say if some signal is 30dBuV, MER 4, it simply has to measure it. Imagine that you have a multimeter that cannot measure voltages less than 2V, but shows them on the display as variable 5,8,26V, etc. The multimeter must measure at least mV, if not uV.
You will not get anything with the new firmware version. There are no improvements in this field. On the contrary, it seems that the old version is more precise. I see that you have already realized that you are disappointed with this device and its unreliable and wrong measurements. I can only say "Welcome to the cheated customer club".

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Hazl wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:35 pm
cadrys wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:04 pm
It's clear that it's not normal and I'm absolutely surprised that you bought that device when so much is written about how all the measured values are not accurate, but abnormally inaccurate, especially on DVB-T/T2 measurement. Even one forum member here offers to solve it programmatically, but they don't want to hear it. And you know why? Because that would admit the problems and their ignorance. Regardless of the fact that it is not a professional instrument, it must, it simply must measure at least approximate values. It's a shame that it doesn't recognize signal strengths below 34dBuV on DVB-T/T2. On the contrary, it displays such signals according to its own logic of 72-85dBuV. I never got an answer from them why it cannot measure signals that are not "Locked". It doesn't matter if it's DVB-S/S2/C/T/T2. Let's say if some signal is 30dBuV, MER 4, it simply has to measure it. Imagine that you have a multimeter that cannot measure voltages less than 2V, but shows them on the display as variable 5,8,26V, etc. The multimeter must measure at least mV, if not uV.
You will not get anything with the new firmware version. There are no improvements in this field. On the contrary, it seems that the old version is more precise. I see that you have already realized that you are disappointed with this device and its unreliable and wrong measurements. I can only say "Welcome to the cheated customer club".
Make a video of everything you say so that it can be seen, do you know how to use a Finder?
I would say that you do not have it and that you are guided by very bad Youtube videos

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

I'm just going to write this. The number of your "famous" device is: V8FC22050048XX. Bought through Bangoodd, smartass. If you really want, I can write the last two numbers that I just wrote XX.
Finally, here is the picture. Promax and Spaun are in my company:

cadrys

Post by cadrys »

I'm sorry, I don't want to start a fight. I bought this device to do well what is written in the description, but unfortunately, and I'm really sorry, this is not the case. From what I've read on this forum, I don't think I'm the only one and I find it strange that despite everyone's offers of collaboration, Gtmedia hasn't been able to improve the situation for more than a year:
1) Making the measurements a little more truthful by running the BER
2) making the info page bigger and with full screen indications
3) inserting in addition to the frequency also the frequency channel in all the information.
Unfortunately I am forced to return the product because as it stands I do not consider it valid and the retailer also pays the collection costs.
I repeat: I know we are not talking about a professional device but a measurement cannot be doubled compared to that of a professional meter.
A piece of advice to Gtmedia: listen more to the advice, perhaps if the product improves, sales will also increase.
Greetings to all, maybe if things improve, Gtmedia will find me again as a customer

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

cadrys wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:50 am
I'm sorry, I don't want to start a fight. I bought this device to do well what is written in the description, but unfortunately, and I'm really sorry, this is not the case. From what I've read on this forum, I don't think I'm the only one and I find it strange that despite everyone's offers of collaboration, Gtmedia hasn't been able to improve the situation for more than a year:
1) Making the measurements a little more truthful by running the BER
2) making the info page bigger and with full screen indications
3) inserting in addition to the frequency also the frequency channel in all the information.
Unfortunately I am forced to return the product because as it stands I do not consider it valid and the retailer also pays the collection costs.
I repeat: I know we are not talking about a professional device but a measurement cannot be doubled compared to that of a professional meter.
A piece of advice to Gtmedia: listen more to the advice, perhaps if the product improves, sales will also increase.
Greetings to all, maybe if things improve, Gtmedia will find me again as a customer
The BER does not have any problem, it is only a fact to take into account
Attachments
V8 Finder Pro
V8 Finder Pro
Ber.jpg (656.43 KiB) Viewed 808 times

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

BER is actually the least important item. The most important are C/N, MER and PWR or signal strength. Those three parameters show the quality of the signal and they are the most important. But true, BER cannot be consistently the same for all signals, and this device shows that.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Hazl wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:39 pm
BER is actually the least important item. The most important are C/N, MER and PWR or signal strength. Those three parameters show the quality of the signal and they are the most important. But true, BER cannot be consistently the same for all signals, and this device shows that.
Here I give you a test where it is shown that the BER works and that those values ​​such as C / N and a MER below the regulations are inadmissible
Attachments
Data from a V8 Finder Pro with more reliable data
Data from a V8 Finder Pro with more reliable data
BER-CN-MER bad.jpg (23.97 KiB) Viewed 760 times

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

By what right did you take my picture, take it out of context and attach it there? And the worst thing is that you don't understand these parameters from the picture at all. PWR: 90.03dBuV, C/N 23dB, MER 20.93dBuV. Those results are totally incorrect and nonsense. Do you even know what 90dBuV means. In this case, it is a transmitter 9 km away from me. Its exact signal strength is 68dBuV, and C/N and MER closer 30dB. Measured on other real devices, not this garbage. So I ask again? Why did you put my picture here without my knowledge and try to explain something, but you have no clue about it. I can call you a thief and a fraud. You close the topic when you can no longer defend yourself against the evidence we are attaching, among which is this my picture.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

You keep discussing some correct data, I see that you don't know how to interpret it, I'm trying to help you, you can't blame the three finders, fix that installation
The capture was published by you, ensuring that the BER does not change, and I have only pointed out with a piece of information that you have provided that if it works and if you know how to interpret it and your anger goes away, start by fixing that bad installation
PWR 90dBuV it is not the power 68dBuV, they are not the same values

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”