GTMEDIA V8 Finder DB readings.

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

ZOO

GTMEDIA V8 Finder DB readings.

Post by ZOO »

Hello. Can someone confirm if the CN and MER DB reading in this screenshot comes from a V8 finder pro and if so are their other models of the V8 finder that give these readings?. Thanks in advance.
Signal reading.jpg
Signal reading.jpg (232.04 KiB) Viewed 1503 times

CAJE
网站管理员

Re: GTMEDIA V8 Finder DB readings.

Post by CAJE »

Each reading is specific to that installation, the purpose is to adjust it to the most optimal values, I don't trust youtube very much to say nothing

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

Well I am not interested in what the youtube guy is doing. I am interested in finding out what models of the V8 finder have the ability to show the CN and MER DB readings. I just used the picture as reference. Thanks.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

The V8 Finder Max only SAT
The V8 Finder Pro Terrestrial + Satellite

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

CAJE wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:42 pm
Well bless your heart CAJE. Let me break out the crayons and coloring book. I see that their is 4 models to choose from.

V8 finder
V8 finder 2
V8 finder max
V8 finder pro

Do all of these models show the CN and MER DB readings ? And if not which of these 4 models I have listed do?

This can`t be that hard to answer from guys that have these models. Can someone who has any of these models confirm ? Thanks in advance.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

ZOO wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:53 pm
CAJE wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:42 pm
Well bless your heart CAJE. Let me break out the crayons and coloring book. I see that their is 4 models to choose from.

V8 finder
V8 finder 2
V8 finder max
V8 finder pro

Do all of these models show the CN and MER DB readings ? And if not which of these 4 models I have listed do?

This can`t be that hard to answer from guys that have these models. Can someone who has any of these models confirm ? Thanks in advance.
Those not colored lack the MER

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

ZOO,
My advice to you is to never buy a device from this company, especially what CAJE tells you, because it is a big liar. A lot of us write about the problems with these instruments of ours, we also send evidence, especially regarding the measured incorrect results. If you want a toy, buy it, and if not, buy any other company. Believe me, we can confirm that to you very much. And then that "character" CAJE, when he can no longer defend some of his "expertise", closes the topic, or permanently bans the forum member. Imagine, according to him, all other such devices, including professional ones, are bad, and only in GT Media believes. I would never write that. And instead of trying to eliminate the problem, and some forum members have offered professional help with it, he and his people turn their heads. What is most important to them is to attract a naive, stupid customer and fall for their advertised specifications.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Hazl wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:37 pm
ZOO,
My advice to you is to never buy a device from this company, especially what CAJE tells you, because it is a big liar. A lot of us write about the problems with these instruments of ours, we also send evidence, especially regarding the measured incorrect results. If you want a toy, buy it, and if not, buy any other company. Believe me, we can confirm that to you very much. And then that "character" CAJE, when he can no longer defend some of his "expertise", closes the topic, or permanently bans the forum member. Imagine, according to him, all other such devices, including professional ones, are bad, and only in GT Media believes. I would never write that. And instead of trying to eliminate the problem, and some forum members have offered professional help with it, he and his people turn their heads. What is most important to them is to attract a naive, stupid customer and fall for their advertised specifications.
Put the tests, of all the devices you have, the one that best tells you the error of having a bad installation is V8 Finder Pro
I'm sorry that you continue with an attitude of blaming the meters, because all three tell you to fix that bad installation, if you're not able to fix it, call a professional
I suppose that every time you understand the values ​​you will realize the injuries and insults that you have put, but that will not fix your problem, when they give you the good values ​​finder we can talk
A greeting and that you do well because you do not accept advice

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

Hey this is good stuff...No boxing on TV for a Tuesday night so this is very entertaining. Well in this video where I took the screenshot come to find out the fella is using a v8 finder 2. I ordered one and will be here soon. Will see how accurate the CN and MER are compared to a SH300HD I have along with a couple computer programs and report back in this thread so please keep the boxing gloves on and dont go bare knucks and shut down the thread til I report back :P

Just a hobbyist so I am not expecting 500 dollar results from a 50 dollar meter. My SH300 battery is shot so if this works ok then I will be happy.

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

If the device called "FINDER" has a display of signal strength, MER, BER, C/N, etc., then it must measure them accurately, and not show nonsense. It doesn't matter if it costs $50 or $5,000. So I repeat, it must measure the exact values. Remember me when you get it and see what I'm writing about. For 28 years I have been working on connecting and mounting antenna installations, mostly common antenna systems in buildings and skyscrapers, and privately individual antenna systems too. That's why I can say that I know very well what I'm writing about. These GT Media devices are actually small portable STB (Set Top Box) receivers and that's all. These are not instruments of any kind, because as such they must give exact values. For those who do not care about these things, there is no problem, but for those who do care about this information, GT Media is not the solution.

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

V8 finder 2 is set to arrive today. Is the old original V7HD sat list compatible with the V8 finder 2 ? Thanks.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

No, the lists are the same as the V8X

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

CAJE wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:16 pm
No, the lists are the same as the V8X
Oh. That is even better. Thanks.

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

New meter has arrived. Pulled a sat ch list from my V8X and renamed it GTMedia_V8FINDER2_DB.bin and getting upgrade fail. any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Lists do not need to be renamed

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

Trying to load my v8x user db as named (v8x_db.bin) into the v8finder 2 is not working. I have tried deleting all the ch`s in my list thinking there may be too many and still does not work.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Try with a list of the V7, those of the V8X is for the V8Finder Pro

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

CAJE wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:04 pm
Try with a list of the V7, those of the V8X is for the V8Finder Pro
This worked. Used a list from the original Freesat V7HD. No name change. Same as exported by the V7HD.

ChiBoy

Post by ChiBoy »

Dumb question. What's the difference between CN and MER DB?
Thanks!

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

CN is the foam of the beer which is the noise, the bigger it will reach the beer which is the signal without foam
The MER is a quadrant in the constellation, the higher the number the data will be boxed in place and will not create a conflict with error data

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”