V8 Finder Pro New Firmware

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Hazl

Re: V8 Finder Pro New Firmware

Post by Hazl »

veso266 wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:50 pm
I updated the firmware from GTMEDIA_V8FINDER_PRO_Release_V305_20211224 to GTMedia_V8FINDER_PRO_Release_V330_20230309 and it seams that its quite an improvment

not only are signal values more acurate, it seams finder can now detect and decode a weaker signal (it seams, I did not scientificly prove that)

My portable TV is still better at receving the signal then this finder, but I hope someday this can be improved

You can see my comparison here, I compared the best firmware GTMEDIA_V8FINDER_PRO_Release_V305_20211224 with this new firmware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xyYbEASwUg
Comparison is only on DVB-T (did not have acsess to my dish right now)
All correct. With version 3.30 progress has been made, but not enough to be considered final. There are still corrections to be made. On DVB-T/T2 it shows 3-4dBuV more than it should. MER and C/F as well, a bit too low. But there is still a problem with signals weaker than 44-45dBuV. Simply put, this device is "blind". The sensitivity of the receiving part is poor. And Selectivity is not good. It seems to me that it cannot be solved by software, possibly by changing some part of the device, which means Hardware. All signals that it cannot "lock" are not displayed well. Let's say a signal strength (PWR) of 34dBuV measures 59dBuV. 38dBuV same, 59dBuV. 42dBuV, same again, 59dBuV. It does not measure all other values, and it must be the best and most accurate in that area (weak signals).
When receiving from a satellite, you almost don't need to touch anything anymore. The problem is the reception and measurement of terrestrial programs below the "locking" threshold, and that threshold is at a high 44-45dBuV.

C0D3R

Post by C0D3R »

Hi guys
What is the difference between hw version 1.0 and version 1.01?
How to upgrade to hw version 1.01?

Diduk

Post by Diduk »

Hello everyone! I have a question for gtmedia, do you think how to fix problems with dvb-t2 reception. This is a miracle v8 finder pro, does not see a weak signal at all :oops: :oops: :oops:

Diduk

Post by Diduk »

And one more question, if the company does not fulfill its obligations to buyers, how can you sue them. This miracle has been released for more than a year, and they can’t fix their mistakes in any way.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Diduk wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:12 pm
Hello everyone! I have a question for gtmedia, do you think how to fix problems with dvb-t2 reception. This is a miracle v8 finder pro, does not see a weak signal at all :oops: :oops: :oops:
Measure weak signals in the range of -70 and -80 dBm, they serve to identify possible sources of interference and not to measure DVB signals that are below -60 dBm

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

How are you not embarrassed to write nonsense? Indeed, the 34dBuV (-75dBm) signal is still usable. If you don't know what we are writing about, it is better not to write anything. Have you ever had the opportunity to have in your hands another device besides this one, especially better and more accurate, but also more sensitive. It is very important that weak signals can be measured even below 30dBuV (-79dBm). I know, that's science fiction for you. I emphasize the word "Sensitivity". This cannot be fixed with any software. Simply, the device has a low-quality DVB-T/T2 and DVB-C input, and that's it.
I have never met a device, be it a STB box, a TV, and especially an instrument, which does not "see" signals of the 35dBuV level. This is the first and unique case. World champion in insensitivity (DVB-T/T2).:oops: :lol:

Diduk

Post by Diduk »

Simply, the device has a low-quality DVB-T/T2 and DVB-C input, and that's it.

Thank you. Then let the company replace the defective parts. I have a lg TV that sees a weak signal perfectly and shows well. This miracle v8 finder pro does not see the signal at all

Diduk

Post by Diduk »

Hazl wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:05 pm
How are you not embarrassed to write nonsense? Indeed, the 34dBuV (-75dBm) signal is still usable. If you don't know what we are writing about, it is better not to write anything. Have you ever had the opportunity to have in your hands another device besides this one, especially better and more accurate, but also more sensitive. It is very important that weak signals can be measured even below 30dBuV (-79dBm). I know, that's science fiction for you. I emphasize the word "Sensitivity". This cannot be fixed with any software. Simply, the device has a low-quality DVB-T/T2 and DVB-C input, and that's it.
I have never met a device, be it a STB box, a TV, and especially an instrument, which does not "see" signals of the 35dBuV level. This is the first and unique case. World champion in insensitivity (DVB-T/T2).:oops: :lol:
Thank you. Then let the company replace the defective parts. I have a lg TV that sees a weak signal perfectly and shows well. This miracle v8 finder pro does not see the signal at all

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

Maybe they make it in the new production run, if there will be any at all. And then what about all of us who already have them? This is what happens when a device is released on the market without enough testing and, I would say, knowledge. My Samsung and Sony TV see also 32-34dBuV signals and MER 12dBuV without any problems. STB Engel recognizes 30-32dBuV signals. And now let smart guy CAJE answer, how is that? ;)

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Hazl wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:13 pm
Maybe they make it in the new production run, if there will be any at all. And then what about all of us who already have them? This is what happens when a device is released on the market without enough testing and, I would say, knowledge. My Samsung and Sony TV see also 32-34dBuV signals and MER 12dBuV without any problems. STB Engel recognizes 30-32dBuV signals. And now let smart guy CAJE answer, how is that? ;)
The units are all wrong, the figures are correct with a very good antenna signal and Mer does not comply with the regulations it would only be good if it is DVB-S , the problem is you're inventing a conversation that doesn't exist

Diduk

Post by Diduk »

CAJE wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:16 pm
Hazl wrote:
The units are all wrong, the figures are correct with a very good antenna signal and Mer does not comply with the regulations it would only be good if it is DVB-S , the problem is you're inventing a conversation that doesn't exist
Now I understand why the device turned out to be so crappy, it's because such experts as CAJE are sitting. Above you have already sent a video, and you continue not to believe us. This v8 finder pro is currently a piece of Banned Word

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Diduk wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:54 am
CAJE wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:16 pm
Hazl wrote:
Now I understand why the device turned out to be so crappy, it's because such experts as CAJE are sitting. Above you have already sent a video, and you continue not to believe us. This v8 finder pro is currently a piece of Banned Word
You must know how to interpret the data and not confuse power with voltage, you can do the conversion that is very easy

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

Incredibly. How many times do we give you evidence and you go on your way again. A device like this should have a better quality receiver than TV devices, much better quality. That should be its most valuable part. Everything depends on that. If there is garbage on the input part of the tuner, there is nothing that will correct it later.
And I ask you again? Why does an "ordinary" TV device recognize a signal level of 32-34dBuV, MER 12dB and C/N 13dB, without any flickering of the image, and this crap from the device only at 44-45dBuV. Do you even know what a difference that is? Huge. That's not 1,2,3 dBuV, that's over 10dBuV.
Yes, you fixed at least a more accurate representation of the measured signal, but only from 44-45dBuV. And who cares??? Almost no one who understands what kind of devices they come from. We are interested in the results at least at 30-32dBuV.
Last edited by Hazl on Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

TV device recognize a signal level of 32-34dBuV, MER 12dB, If you do the calculations you will realize that these data are impossible, there must be a confusion on the television and 32-34 are power values ​​and then they would be correct, to compare them with finder you must make the corresponding conversion

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

CAJE wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:30 am
TV device recognize a signal level of 32-34dBuV, MER 12dB, If you do the calculations you will realize that these data are impossible, there must be a confusion on the television and 32-34 are power values ​​and then they would be correct, to compare them with finder you must make the corresponding conversion
Again, you're fumbling your way. Who said that watches the measured results given by TV. The results were measured on a professional device and accurate devices. TV shows nonsense. It makes no sense to send this evidence here again, when it is not believed, or rather, it does not want to be believed, but it is grinded in its own way.

Diduk

Post by Diduk »

CAJE wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:30 am
caje how much time has passed, there is no reasonable answer from you, except that this miracle v8 finder pro is the coolest satellite finder on planet earth, and everyone who bought it does not know how to use it correctly. My advice to this company, give the source codes to other programmers, pay money and they will make a good device. gtmedia deceived us, your customers

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

To all those who have contacted me privately they are very happy because they know how to use the V8 Finder Pro

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

CAJE wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:15 pm
To all those who have contacted me privately they are very happy because they know how to use the V8 Finder Pro

vadisla

Post by vadisla »

Вообще то этот прибор , прежде всего для настройки. А он получается, игрушка. Сигнал т2 на нём настроить невозможно. Только очень сильный. Даже усилитель в антенне не помогает. Самый дешёвый тюнер работает намного лучше.

Diduk

Post by Diduk »

vadisla wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:23 pm
Вообще то этот прибор , прежде всего для настройки. А он получается, игрушка. Сигнал т2 на нём настроить невозможно. Только очень сильный. Даже усилитель в антенне не помогает. Самый дешёвый тюнер работает намного лучше.
Нас всех кто купил это чудо просто кинули. Модераторы и команда только и могут что выносить предупреждения,хотя мы все говорим правду. У меня уже нету веры,что этот прибор будет работать так как должен работать нормальный аппарат. Удачи этой компании я никогда не пожелаю

Diduk

Post by Diduk »

Diduk wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:37 pm
vadisla wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:23 pm
Нас всех кто купил это чудо просто кинули. Модераторы и команда только и могут что выносить предупреждения,хотя мы все говорим правду. У меня уже нету веры,что этот прибор будет работать так как должен работать нормальный аппарат. Удачи этой компании я никогда не пожелаю
Зачем редактируйте мой пост,Я не говорил что модераторы говорят правду.

Diduk

Post by Diduk »

Здравствуйте! Кто подскажет какой тюнер lna установлен на этом говне. Хочу попробовать заменить его.

amir_931

Post by amir_931 »

Thanks to the new technical team or the zoom is great and it's really big and beautiful. Please make the rest of the menu big and the logo font big so that this device looks beautiful.

amir_931

Post by amir_931 »

The screen of this locator is 4.3 inches with good quality. It is very bad that the menus of the device are small and remain empty. Enlarge the fonts to cover the entire screen... The signal magnification has improved.

Diduk

Post by Diduk »

amir_931 wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:54 pm
Thanks to the new technical team or the zoom is great and it's really big and beautiful. Please make the rest of the menu big and the logo font big so that this device looks beautiful.
For what? I do not understand! If that Banned Word doesn't see a weak t2 signal. Why is this font needed? They even posted a video on top, and the gtmedia team proves to me that we don’t know how to use this crap. Let t2 fix it for starters

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”